Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

419 letter

• 24-09-2009 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

for the first time in my life i've received a 419 letter...about 3 minutes ago,here on boards.ie.

WTF?

Hello my Dear One,

Hope this mail meets you well,please permit me to introduce my self to you, my name is Diabate Salimata, I am 21years old, the only daughter of Late Mr.Hamed Diabate who was a famous cocoa merchant based here in Abidjan ,the Economic capital of Ivory Coast ( Cote D'ivoire).

I am seeking for your assistance to help me transfer the sum of $U.S 11,500,000.00 (Eleven Million Five hundredThousand United State of American Dollars) that I inherited from my late father to your bank account .

I am willing to offeryou 25%of the total fund as a mode of compensation after the transfer for your time and effort. All the necessary documents concerning this fund is intact. please get back to me asap for more details concerning this fund and I will equally send you my photos so that you will see and know whom I am.

If you agree on this propsal and ready to assist me please indicate by furnising me with you r phone and fax numbers including your full address to enable easy communication between me and you. Waitingfor your cooperation.please contact me to my private email (diabate.salimata@hotmail.fr)

Yours Faithful
    Diabate Salimata.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

You can't link to your own private messages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Am I the only one who doesn't have a clue what this thread is about?

Edit: Ah right, now I get it. Just report the pm and have the spanner nuked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

I cant see the message but if they ask for a phone number send them this one

+88216 21334419

it will cost them a few e per minute to call it and just so happens to end with '419'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Love the idea that a cocoa merchant would be named "Diabate"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

orestes wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't have a clue what this thread is about?

A 419 message is an advance fee fraud. IE: You have won the lotto, just send us some money for fees and we will give you the lot. Or congrats, some Nigerian prince has died, and he is like TOTALLY the spit of you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

orestes wrote: »
    Edit: Ah right, now I get it. Just report the pm and have the spanner nuked

spanner or spammer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

If she is from Africa ask why she has a French Email address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

wudangclan wrote: »
    spanner or spammer?

Tomato tomato

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Tell her pics or GTFO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Time for some 419 baiting.

Search it on google, some great advice about it online :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

i was drafting a reply but if i answer this one i'll probably only be inundated,so fuk it.
    boards user name diabate ,if anyone wants to make a load of cash,you're welcome.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=266853

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

DigiGal wrote: »
    If she is from Africa ask why she has a French Email address
    French is the official language.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I nuked him/her there but I got the money first.

Party at my gaff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement