Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring Kitchen Extractor?

Options
  • 24-09-2009 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I want to replace my old kitchen extractor fan with a new one but am not sure the proper way to wire it to the mains. There is a switch already on the wall for the old fan. As you can see on the pic attached there is a connector with two blacks wires. The connector is not marked so i don't know which is live or neutral. How do i connect this???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It may not make a difference at the block, but it should be labelled. Did a leaflet not come in the box>?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Davy wrote: »
    It may not make a difference at the block, but it should be labelled. Did a leaflet not come in the box>?

On the leaflet it doesn't label either terminal on the connector live or neutral.

mickger wrote: »
    On the leaflet it doesn't label either terminal on the connector live or neutral.

If it doesn't mention it on the diagram, it shouldn't be polarity sensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Davy wrote: »
    If it doesn't mention it on the diagram, it shouldn't be polarity sensitive.

So just connect a live to one connector and neutral to the other and I'll be good to go?

mickger wrote: »
    So just connect a live to one connector and neutral to the other and I'll be good to go?

ye

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

the live can go to left connector (pull-cord).won't matter much anyhow

Advertisement