Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC down for anyone else in D14?

• 24-09-2009 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Mine is down since about 2pm today, both TV and internet. Was on the phone to them about it and they said they were doing work in the area but that it should be back by 6pm. It's still not back, so I rang them again and got a bit more info - something about someone hacking into their network or something (could be BS), and now they say it might not be back until tomorrow. Anyone else in Dublin 14 being affected by loss of service? I'm in the Kilmacud area. I'm posting this from a different location on eircom DSL.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Loss of service today from 4 to 5 pm in D24 but maybe not related as same happened yesterday

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

in dublin 14 myself and havent had a single issue.

neither has my mate who lives up the road from me.

down in dundrum by the way!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Rougies

Tony wrote: »
    Loss of service today from 4 to 5 pm in D24 but maybe not related as same happened yesterday

Same here in D16 today and yesterday at about the same time. Seems to happen every so often, rarely down for more than an hour though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Hmm, still down for me in D14. Suppose I'll give them another call in the morning to try to find out what's going on - thats 12 hours now. No TV and no internet = me slowly going insane. God bless O2's 3G network..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

If you have no Tv sounds like a cable problem, the loss of service here has been broadband only.

Hmm, still down for me in D14. Suppose I'll give them another call in the morning to try to find out what's going on - thats 12 hours now. No TV and no internet = me slowly going insane. God bless O2's 3G network..

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Got it sorted this morning. NTL were working on the apartment complex I live in, disconnecting some apartments that hadn't paid bills or something and looks like they inadvertently disconnected my apartment. Gob****es. Customer services on the the phone had no idea what was going on and but for the fact that I managed to grab the NTL guy outside just as he was getting into his van to leave to query what he'd done the fiasco would have carried on for days I'd say..

Advertisement