Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Paterson

Options
  • 24-09-2009 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭

Inspired by Pride Fighter's thread about the disappearing graffiti, I'm curious: how many current posters actually remember Pat Paterson? Has he really gone the way of Hilper's, The Science Café and most recently The Pit? Or does he live on in our hearts and minds?

Do ye know of Pat Paterson? 67 votes

Aye, I know Pat Paterson
    0% 0 votes
    I've heard tell of Pat Paterson
    49% 33 votes
    OMG, loike, who is this Pat Paterson ledge?
    43% 29 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    7% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Breezer wrote: »
    Inspired by Pride Fighter's thread about the disappearing graffiti, I'm curious: how many current posters actually remember Pat Paterson? Has he really gone the way of Hilper's, The Science Café and most recently The Pit? Or does he live on in our hearts and minds?

Pat Paterson's Philosophy of philosophy, is "**** philosophy"

He was a phenomenon of the noughties. Perhpas he is best left in the recesses of our minds !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

From here
    Pat Patterson lived in, I believe, Belgrove, while I was in first year (2002/03). He studied engineering and his actual first name shall remain anonymous. I met him, but didn't know him. Well the details of most of the rest of this are a bit fuzzy but he did something bad with one of the Roebuck lad's girlfriends and in retaliation the boys started writing mean, but inventive comments like the ones you mentioned. Presumably at some stage other people, who didn't know the man himself or the purpose behind the whole thing, started writing their own little comments and Pat Patterson became a kind of social phenemenon. It was *definitely* in UCD before Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I heard Pat Patterson fathered every fake tan clad idiotchild in UCD with his defective sperm. Defective of course due to years of volunteer work rebuilding the Chernobyl shield

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Pat Paterson will never die, we will always remember. It is true that after Pat Paterson visited the Virgin Islands, they just became known as the islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

He killed John Johnson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Surely Pat Paterson needs to be passed on through the UCD generations, so that some day, when they get around to re-building the Arts block (so around 2078), they'll rename it the "Pat Paterson Building".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Can we impeach Hugh and put in Pat?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

pat has completely disappeared.........give it 2/3 years and hell be forgotten about

its not really something that can be passed on by mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

woop wrote: »
    That wasn't how he passed it on anyway :pac:

That wasn't how he passed it on anyway :pac:
    Do you know Pat better than the rest of us then? ;)

• Advertisement

Just asked my second year mate. She never heard of him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Why are we even talking about this, shouldn't the ones here with experience of Pat (the man who taught Chuck Norris his back spinning round-house kick) not be reintroducing the legends of Pat to the toilets of UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Me and all my fresher friends hadn't a clue who he was cause make as many pat patterson jokes as you can is one of the 50 things to do before you leave ucd...

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    as you can is one of the 50 things to do before you leave ucd...

One of whos 50 things to do before you leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Grimes wrote: »

College Tribune's Fresher's Guide i presume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Is he not the CEO of Abercrombie and Fitch?

Is he not the CEO of Abercrombie and Fitch?
    Oh is that where he went? Fair play to Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Breezer wrote: »
    Oh is that where he went? Fair play to Pat.

Its not true, I had a pint with himself, the UCD bum, Hugh Brady and Chuck Norris.

Pat Paterson is still around campus, trust me;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Grimes wrote: »

ucdsu fresher's guide :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 holla

I heard of Pat Patterson from my schoolboy days in 2nd year just from mucking about UCD with nothing better to do when skipping school.

He was all over the place then, we even brought it into our school aswell.

Disappointed to see his popularity is waning, but I am now in 3rd year college and still glad to see his name around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

woop wrote: »
    pat has completely disappeared.........give it 2/3 years and hell be forgotten about

Then it shall have to be passed on by pen. Keep the eyes peeled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Pat Patterson

- Ancient Philosophy (eastern)

Am I correct?

I remember...

Tao of Pooh.

What is the big deal here - have I missed something? Or would I have had to do a major in Philosophy to get the true Pat Patterson experience (which would apparently be impossible now as I assume from the thread that he's retired)

Advertisement