Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confronting the Ignorant

• 24-09-2009 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

In my travels I have encountered some truly ignorant people. Religious types, vegetarians/vegans, would-be artists types, anyone who believes in astrology and of course my favorite; the long nosed intellectual.

How does one confront these people? If you know someone is wrong, do you say so? Or just let it slide and tolerate their blatant idiocy. Perhaps you educate them? Do tell.

H.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Just ignore them and have a few scoops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

Don't travel , you clearly haven't the required social skills. How far can you travel on your free bus pass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

You need to get yourself an AK like mine, and level some of those mofo's :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Hellm0 wrote: »
    In my travels I have encountered some truly ignorant people. Religious types, vegetarians/vegans, would-be artists types, anyone who believes in astrology and of course my favorite; the long nosed intellectual.

How does one confront these people? If you know someone is wrong, do you say so? Or just let it slide and tolerate their blatant idiocy. Perhaps you educate them? Do tell.

H.

You come across as being pretty ignorant yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

H.

system of the down fueled with icehockey puks and all other ice hockey bbits and practice your body slame get the range on :mad::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhh, Look at me, My opinions are way better then everyone elses....

Pathetic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I find that if I cannot outwit them I can kill them.
    It's getting lonely here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

ragg wrote: »
    OOOOOOOOOOhhhhh, Look at me, My opinions are way better then everyone elses....

Pathetic!

Ellipsis have three dots, not four.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Go for it, bollox-talkers need a reality check every once in a while, lest the line between fact and their opinion blur.
    Although you do come across like an arrogant twat in your OP, so maybe leave it to someone with more tact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Go for it, bollox-talkers need a reality check every once in a while, lest the line between fact and their opinion blur.
    Although you do come across like an arrogant twat in your OP, so maybe leave it to someone with more tact.

Some of us appreciate honesty, and right you are; tolerating idiots only makes you one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

HellmO this is a troll thread.
    Mega-man. You are banned.
    tolerating idiots only makes you one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement