Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conker Competion

Options
  • 24-09-2009 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭

There is a nice crop of horse chest nuts all around campus anyone interested in some friendly conker competition?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I have no idea what that is, please explain it to the viewers me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/conkers.html

you obviously lived a very sheltered child hood

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

That or I don't remember much of anything before I was 15.

I do recall people throwing them at each other though. That was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Ahh the memories! We used to put them in the hot press, varnish them, anything we could think of the harden them up.

Emailed link to my old man with the subject "If only you had this kind of information in the 50's"...

Now let's hope he can open the link, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

Due to the success of this competition and the strength of some of UCD student conkering skills I've decided to organise an Intervarsity tournament. If we keep the practice up I think we can beat the best DCU/TCD/rest have to offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lemur option

How did I miss this?

Gamesoc has been challenged to hold a conker tournament this week. (great minds think alike it seems). hopefully you've left some around for us ;). We'll be taking up our shoelaces on thurs/friday for a tournament. Haven't organised an exact time/place yet but you're more than welcome to come along and show us a thing or two. Will post more exact details closer to the time.

Advertisement