Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's everyone's favourite salad?

Options
  • 24-09-2009 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Mine is lots of shredded lettuce with avocado, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and crumbly cheese on top, with french dressing.

I also love grated carrot with a bit of lf mayo and peanuts.

Tomato salad (balsamic, olive oil, salt) is yummy but expensive since it needs cherry tomatoes, and I'd eat a whole tub in one go.

I need more ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

Caesar Salad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

pasta and sweetcorn! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

greek salad or green salad with homemade dressing with pumpkin pine nut and sesame seeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

very simple -shredded carrots golden raisins and coleslaw type dressing- may be boring but tastes so good with grilled steak or butterflied shrimp. yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

mesclun, rocket, spinahch, radishes, feta and cashew nuts with balsamic dressing. Can't do wrong with that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

My spicey chicken a rocket salad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

watna wrote: »
    mesclun, rocket, spinahch, radishes, feta and cashew nuts with balsamic dressing. Can't do wrong with that!
    What is mesclun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

kwalshe wrote: »
    What is mesclun?

Mesclun is a mix of young salad leaves. It has a few types of lettuce and other things in it - depending on what brand you buy. It;s just a type of bagged salad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesclun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Roast parsnips, diced beetroot, watercress and hazelnuts. Add a spoonful of horseradish to sour cream, loosen with a little water and dress.

Smoked mackerel on a pile of leaves and beanshoots with thai fish sauce, lime juice, chopped chilli and garlic, add coriander and mint.

Greek salad with dried oregano and red onion as a side for steak and chips.

Rare roast beef on salad leaves & tomato with same thai dressing as above.

Quartered figs, feta cheese, roast parsnip chips, leaves, pumpkin seeds. Dress with a little oil.

Chicory leaves - separate the leaves add a dollop of sour cream with horseradish to each one, then pile on a mixture of diced beetroot, diced orange and chopped roast hazelnuts. Roast the hazelnuts for a few minutes in a medium oven, then transfer to a clean teatowel and rub the skins off.

Thinly slice a ripe cantaloupe melon and a peeled cucumber and arrange over a plate. Add slices of goats cheese and a scatter of shredded fresh mint. Dress with a french vinagrette.

Advertisement