Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish flute

Options
  • 24-09-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Anyone know anything about the Irish flute? am thinking of taking it up... How difficult is it..
    Also any Irish flute teachers in Dublin? I'm not looking for anything majorly serious, no exams or grades r anything, just learning for myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Annel349

bloopty wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the Irish flute? am thinking of taking it up... How difficult is it..
    Also any Irish flute teachers in Dublin? I'm not looking for anything majorly serious, no exams or grades r anything, just learning for myself.

its not really that hard... i only took it up a while ago and have gotten the hang of it pretty quickly... it just depends on the person if you've played anything like a tin whistle before it shouldnt be that bad....give it a go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Have you played the tin whistle before? That would help with understanding the notation, fingering, breathing etc. Like learning any instrument as an adult it will be slightly difficult to get the hang of at the start, it will take time and practice but it's a great instrument to play. The only thing that can really be an issue to get the hang of is the breathing. I'm a flute teacher myself, if you're interested in lessons feel free to PM me.

Advertisement