Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

802.11n finally ratified

Options
  • 24-09-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Dont know why I didnt find out about this before now, but 802.11n is now certified, albeit with an amendment. I am hoping that the amendment can be sorted with a driver update and is not a hardware change ..... all those poor peeps (like me) with draft 2 stuff will be left out in the cold.

http://standards.ieee.org/announcements/ieee802.11n_2009amendment_ratified.html
    The IEEE today announced that its Standards Board has ratified the IEEE
    802.11n™-2009 amendment, defining mechanisms that provide significantly improved data rates and ranges for wireless local area networks (WLANs). This new amendment to the IEEE 802.11 base standard is designed to help the data
    communications industry address the escalating demands placed on enterprise,
    home and public WLANs with the rise of higher-bandwidth file transfers and
    next-generation multimedia applications. WLANs based on IEEE 802.11 are widely deployed, with more than 1 million units shipping per day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

But is n actually better than g?

I read somewhere than n type signals cant use all 13 wireless channels like g can.

Advertisement