Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fierce Angels

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

isnt fierce angels run by the guy who used to run hed kandi.

its basically a carbon copy of hed kandi right?

right down to the stylin of the flyers,adverts,club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

yup. but apparently hed kandi and all that crass rubbish is music for a clued up crowd. FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Before I even read the thread I noticed that JT was the last person to post on a Jonny thread and thought, "Here we go, another flame war!"

But with comments like, "for a more mature clued up crowd" I'm not surprised Jonny's threads tend to end up that way.

theres nothing wrong with liking this sort of stuff but to come on here claiming that its for a mature clued up crowd is even contradicting what fierce angels say about there own night.

its not even a case of lets all jump on a johnny thread and slag him,im sure if anyone posted this the response would be the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sean I'm agreeing with you

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Sean I'm agreeing with you
    ha ha i know man,i was just making a point that theres no need to try and make it out to be anymore special than it is

spot on sean. this is what drives me nuts.

That night seems to be a reaction to the more dark techier sound that has 'taken over' in Ibiza (which I personally love). It's more about cheesy fun than anything else. Not my cup of tea (at all at all) but that's fine.

But what drives me nuts is certain people making it out to be some high quality, connoiseur music when it's really just going to be handbag heaven and music for hairdressers (not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that).

There's room for many styles of music in this world, but to misinterpret music that's meant to be a bit of fun as being as aesthetically significant and high art as beethoven's ninth is just delusional.

Moreover, methinks that this thread only exists because jonny is still licking his wounds from everybody laughing their asses off at his statements about how uplifting piano house is making a BIG comeback in Ibiza. But that's just my theory.

I really see no point to this thread other than that. Or maybe Jonny's trying to find favour with certain promoters to get on guest lists (the raindance thing was pretty funny). Either way it's a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

jtsuited wrote: »

That night seems to be a reaction to the more dark techier sound that has 'taken over' in Ibiza (which I personally love)

i must have been on the wrong island this year, everywhere i went it was electro and funky house, every single bar i was in was playing electro house, ***** with stereos on balconys playing electro house, guido's driving by in their cars playing electro/funky house, hundreds of posters of david guetta, eric morillo, music in cocoon was pretty flowery aswel bar hawtin when he got goin

brianc27 wrote: »
    i must have been on the wrong island this year, everywhere i went it was electro and funky house, every single bar i was in was playing electro house, ***** with stereos on balconys playing electro house, guido's driving by in their cars playing electro/funky house, hundreds of posters of david guetta, eric morillo, music in cocoon was pretty flowery aswel bar hawtin when he got goin

i was referring to something that was said in the article actually.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Ah would yiz ever just learn to get along with each other... its all electronic. :p

That could be the wine talking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I love electronic music and I think going to Ibiza would kill that love. Therefore I'll probably never go there, makes sense to me anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anima wrote: »
    I love electronic music and I think going to Ibiza would kill that love. Therefore I'll probably never go there, makes sense to me anyways.

Once you've been exposed to the true horrors of funky house you'll never be right again. Took me 6 hours of Rotterdam Gabber to get it out of my head :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Anima wrote: »

Went there once in 97, never going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

ive been 6 times. id only ever go now for a weekend and probably only if dc10 is open

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Really? Really??? I have never been to Ibiza - shame on me - but I will definitely go some time soon. I would kinda expect a little bit of cheese and electro etc in some places, but I would be horrified if that is all I got over there.

For the record, I actually like funky house - well, some of it, when the mood is right and the tunes are good quality (oxymoron I hear some of you thinking haha) but I definitely enjoy it at times. However if I went to Ibiza I'd mainly be seeking out Solid House & Techno. Electrohouse had its day but it is well passed now, one or two tunes thrown in here and there can be ok but all night long it would kill me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Fierce Angel Rock Ibiza!
    As the cycles of dance music turn once more to the sexy sounds of house and the saturated minimal market licks it's funk inflicted wounds, Fierce Angel brings a welcome breath of fresh air to Ibiza's predominantly tech styled landscape.

Words: Simon Kelly
    Mark Doyle, the brains, and workhorse behind the infamous Hed Kandi brand prior to its absorption into the expansive Ministry of Sound empire, has spent the last few years developing a new concept based on has fundamental love of all things house.

Fierce Angel is a return to the roots of nineties Ibiza clubbing. A flashback to the days when Ibiza floors rocked to soaring vocals, jacking Chicago beats and enlivening sax solos. But this is much more than a nostalgia trip, or a classics night. Fierce Angel sits on the premise that clubbing should be fun, not take itself too seriously. We can go with that!

This s**t is baffling...Blackout Crew Baffling! As if Hed Kandi wasn't bad enough, they now bring out a RETRO version of it :confused:

Zascar wrote: »
    Really? Really??? I have never been to Ibiza - shame on me - but I will definitely go some time soon. I would kinda expect a little bit of cheese and electro etc in some places, but I would be horrified if that is all I got over there.

For the record, I actually like funky house - well, some of it, when the mood is right and the tunes are good quality (oxymoron I hear some of you thinking haha) but I definitely enjoy it at times. However if I went to Ibiza I'd mainly be seeking out Solid House & Techno. Electrohouse had its day but it is well passed now, one or two tunes thrown in here and there can be ok but all night long it would kill me.

yep, full of cheese, my first time and i was shocked at how saturated the place was with this sh*te, if your into techno (not the minimal type) then theres nothing and even if you are into the minimally type techno then theres really just cocoon, but deffo all the bars down by the beaches just play all that electro/funky house tripe.

maybe we were missing something and there were plenty of savage techno clubs that we were missing (meganite doesnt count)

yep, full of cheese, my first time and i was shocked at how saturated the place was with this sh*te, if your into techno (not the minimal type) then theres nothing and even if you are into the minimally type techno then theres really just cocoon, but deffo all the bars down by the beaches just play all that electro/funky house tripe.

maybe we were missing something and there were plenty of savage techno clubs that we were missing (meganite doesnt count)

hmmmm....not really what i experienced when i was there (although i didn't set foot in san antonio for fear of the above).

Mondays there was cocoon (which had probably THE best lineup this year if you're into that [which I am]),

thursday there is Monza at privilege (matthias tanzmann, matthew dear, etc., etc.,) and of course Be @ Space (Chris Liebing, Guy Gerber and the rest of them),

Friday there's that Made in Italy night at Amnesia which had some quality lineups this summer (Martin Buttrich, Ellen Allien).

And then Sundays at space, which if you can't find the type of stuff you want to listen to, then you're doing it wrong.

Doesn't seem like an island over-run with cheese to me. Then again I didn't go to san antonio thankfully.

i didnt set foot in san antonio either and as i said if your into techno (which i am) then there isnt much on offer.

jtsuited wrote: »
    hmmmm....not really what i experienced when i was there (although i didn't set foot in san antonio for fear of the above).

Mondays there was cocoon (which had probably THE best lineup this year if you're into that [which I am]),

thursday there is Monza at privilege (matthias tanzmann, matthew dear, etc., etc.,) and of course Be @ Space (Chris Liebing, Guy Gerber and the rest of them),

Friday there's that Made in Italy night at Amnesia which had some quality lineups this summer (Martin Buttrich, Ellen Allien).

And then Sundays at space, which if you can't find the type of stuff you want to listen to, then you're doing it wrong.

Doesn't seem like an island over-run with cheese to me. Then again I didn't go to san antonio thankfully.

I was recently in Ibiza and experienced the same...plenty of quality music, and you don't need to look hard for it either! Even notoriously cheesy clubs like Pacha, home to tripe like David Guetta etc., had quality nights with Dubfire etc.

Maybe on the beaches and in San Antonio its harder to find, but the other hotspots in Ibiza have an abundance of Techno / Minimal / Tech House...it really is a clubbers paradise!

• Advertisement

i hate dubfire

i didnt set foot in san antonio either and as i said if your into techno (which i am) then there isnt much on offer.

out of curiosity when you say techno are you referring to jeff mills/surgeon/derrick carter type techno?

i hate dubfire

shocked.jpg

surgeon, oscar mulero, regis all that sort of dark techno stuff

now i didnt expect to find a whole lot of it over there but surgeon played a few times last year and mulero used to run a weekly night over there coupled with the fact that the spanish are usually into that sort of techno i hoped to find at least 1 night like that while i was there, not even in the big clubs, but nothing. my friends that had been to ibiza loads of times (but not in the last 2-3 years) said that years ago you would find techno night in some of the smaller unknown places around, not any more, but as i said maybe we werent lookin hard enough, we went over for a sun holiday more so then an out and out raving trip so we enjoyed ourself regardless but it was a general observation among nearly all of us that that the music on the island is ****e.

to be fair you're taking a very very very narrow and conservative view of what constitutes techno i think (but which is fair enough). If you're into that type of techno then yeah I doubt you're gonna have much luck in Ibiza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

meganite at privilege prob closest you'll get with adam beyer etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i didnt set foot in san antonio either and as i said if your into the type of techno which i am, then there isnt much on offer.

fixed

i guess what i was trying to say is that there is no good interesting underground techno in ibiza at all (imo).

Advertisement