Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening the Eircom router's nat?

• 24-09-2009 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

How can it be done?

[Edit]

I'm trying to get Red Faction 3 to work but every time I try to play online I get warned that my Nat is closed and I can't find anything in the router's NAT settings that would make it open?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

How can it be done?

[Edit]

I'm trying to get Red Faction 3 to work but every time I try to play online I get warned that my Nat is closed and I can't find anything in the router's NAT settings that would make it open?

Don't even bother. Get yourself a different modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Set it to low security settings when you first log in. You don't need to do anything else AFAIK.

I didn't anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭steve french

is this for the ps3? if so watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugGe7CCuNU

i'm not really sure if it will help you with the problem you are having but it worked for me on a different game that i was having trouble with the nat type on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

is this for the ps3? if so watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugGe7CCuNU

i'm not really sure if it will help you with the problem you are having but it worked for me on a different game that i was having trouble with the nat type on

The username is eircom@eircom.net just so people don't get confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

yeah should have said, my post is for 360 to work.

God it seems complicated for PS3 and I thought the 360 low option was stupid as I had configured the ports in advanced but it ignores that if setting is on medium on the basic settings page.

Its just a crap piece of software for configuring TBH. I'm not with them anymore, with Digiweb fixed wireless and it all just works with my own router with no configuration problems whatsoever out of the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭steve french

do you have "xbox live games" enabled through the custom services section on the router page

Advertisement