Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo of the week - Week #12 :: 7th September - 13th September, 2009

• 24-09-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

90487.jpg
    Boeing 737-800 departing Lanzarote to the south
    F5.6, 30 sec, ISO 800.

Credit: Stee

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Congrats Stee!
    I knew this was going to get photo of the week the second i seen it. Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Well, its not often you get to shoot light graffiti using a passenger jet as your brush!

As in the description, this was taken in Matagorda, Lanzarote, next to the airport, an amazing place for aviation photography. If anyone has seen my other random thread contributions you’ll know this is what I enjoy snapping most, and this is a shot I’ve had in my head and wanted to get for a very long time.

This photo was very right-place-right-time. I had spent about an hour each night for 2 nights near the airport looking for something like this, but nothing came close. Then, I was messing about with long exposures on the seafront, trying to get a shot of a cruise ship on the horizon, but with no remote/tripod (just out for dinner), only had max 30sec exposure. The camera was sitting on an uneven wall so couldn’t use bulb without shaking it. The shutter was open about 4 seconds when the 737 blasted past us to the left and straight into the frame. I was expecting a straight line heading into the sky, but the plane banked left and made an almost perfect curve. The above is a crop of a landscape picture, I removed the cruise ship (turned out it was moving quite slowly, not anchored, and was way too far away without a zoom lens anyway) and part of the beach that had our shadows from a street light.

If anyone is interested I can post the original picture straight from the camera later.

Thanks for the thanks everyone!

Stee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Great picture and a well earned pic of the week

looks like light painting is getting more and more liked

Advertisement