Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newtown Footpath Tramore - Any Finish Date

Options
  • 24-09-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

Anybody know if any finish date for the new path out by newtown hill & newtown glen. Never seen something take so long to complete. It just seems to start and stop. It was an awful mess for the tourist season, don't understand why these jobs can't be planned better. Rumour has it there is also not enough money to put in lighting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tonyoc_1

This mirrors a lot of the other development that "almost happens" around Tramore. It gets started in a blaze and takes forever to complete. No one is ever held accountable for the mess either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The last time I inquired about this, I was told that they were trying to get all paths done together in one go. That was a while ago, so ill ask for another update.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Right.. Council engineer waiting on a date from contractor, looking to get two areas done as its cheaper. No idea yet when date will be set but there will be a meeting on Friday and iv been told it will be raised again for an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭turninggreen

OK Thanks for the info sully. Will wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

I think we'll have to wait for a change of government before the footpath is finished. They started work on that just before the May bank-holiday weekend. Talk about draggin' the arse out of a job!

• Advertisement

Local government? :P It seems to be a local issue and not a national one.

Ill see what else I can do, as its getting pathetic at this stage.

Same reason for delay. Will be brought up at next council meeting, which is next week I believe, so we will see the response given from that.

Advertisement