Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 modding question

Options
  • 24-09-2009 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, was going to post this in the console modding section but it's a bit of a ghost town over there. I'm about to buy the Xecuter 360 Connectivity Kit v3 pro so i can update my (already flashed by someone else) Liteon drive, and maybe do a few friends as well the next time i'm back in Ireland. Will this work directly from my laptop's usb port or do i need a SATA port or anything? I'm living abroad at the moment and it would cost me 50 quid to get my firmware updated, the cable is ten quid cheaper so it's a no brainer, plus i don't wanna pay everytime i need a new ixtreme. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Console modding is where this belongs. There are still active posters here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

You need a Sata port & 1 USB port on your laptop/PC to do Lite-ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

ok thanks for the replies. I don't need a probe or anything do i because my drive has already been flashed? would i be able to do everything if i get a sata port for the laptop and the ck3 pro kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

If you have the generated keys from the last time you modded the xbox you dont need the CK3 at all, the Ck3 + probe is only needed to read the key from the drive not needed to flash it.

can xboxs be modded with laptops? Its definitely not a common thing.

If you end up getting the CK3 pro, get the probe as well, its about an extra £10 but its worth it in my opinion.

Found this thread http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=677936 about flashing with a laptop, it's got a link to a pcmcia sata card that works perfectly with flashing as well, and it's only 9.68 delivered. Might be of interest to any professional modders here who want portability

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I'm flashing Xbox360's with laptop. It is tricky, but possible.

And don't buy the cross-mark card, lot of them are faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

hmm news to me :)

docentore wrote: »
    I'm flashing Xbox360's with laptop. It is tricky, but possible.

And don't buy the cross-mark card, lot of them are faulty.
    hmm that's a bit worrying, i ordered that card, i hope it's ok. Do i need my original key from the liteon or will it be able to read it from ixtreme? I'm looking forward to trying this flashing lark now!

Another quick question, will i need an external Molex power supply to plug into the ck3 or does the xbox have one that i can use to power it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Another quick question, will i need an external Molex power supply to plug into the ck3 or does the xbox have one that i can use to power it?

according to that site you will
    here is one of the posts from that other topic

1) Took me about 1 week to receive but I was told it would take 2 weeks.

2) I used the original drivers that came with the unit

3) I did the flash using a thinkpad laptop using the xecuter ck3 with the latest version of jungleflash (.43)

keep in mind that the unit needs a molex power connector (the usb cable does not provide power to the entire unit, just the USB com chip).

to work around this (as I do not have a desktop) I took an old usb cable, stripped it re worked an old molex connector to provide 5v power to the chip and joined the two.

so remove the yellow/black leads (right next to each other) from the molex and just use the red/black leads (on the right side, looking down on the chip, with molex wires coming out toward you) and connect those to the red/black on the usb cable.

EDIT: better yet, follow a guide like this one (expect you will need to do the female side):

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=89344

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

I have the blaster 360 NE by team executer. I use it on a laptop with a SATA to USB adaptor. Works no problem at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

20goto10 wrote: »
    I have the blaster 360 NE by team executer. I use it on a laptop with a SATA to USB adaptor. Works no problem at all.

did you have to make a homemade connector to power it as in my post above?

Advertisement