Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap DVDs @ CDWOW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I bought Superman Returns. Can't fault the price at all. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Make sure you use paypal with these jokers.

allimac wrote: »
    Make sure you use paypal with these jokers.

Why do you say that? What's wrong with using a credit/laser card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Because they often stiff people and it is nigh on impossible to get your money back via card payment. Paypal will refund very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Cheers for the link. Some realy good deals. The best of which is A Few Good Men, On The Waterfront, To Kill a Mockingbird and Fight Club, €1.99 each. 'The Fan' starring Robert De Niro is a solid thriller as well for the same price. Rush Hour 2, A Perfect Murder and U.S Marshals also 1.99. Home Alone 1&2 boxset, Stand By Me, Layer Cake, Speed, Master & Commander, From Dusk Till Dawn and Ghost for only 2.99. Also all 3 Karate Kid films for 3.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

SB-08 wrote: »
    'The Fan' starring Robert De Niro is a solid thriller as well for the same price, as is Rush Hour 2.

Rush Hour 2 is a solid thriller? :P

the_pod wrote: »
    Rush Hour 2 is a solid thriller? :P

My mistake:D What I meant was it was 1.99;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks for this I bought the Count Duckula, Karate Kid 1-3 and the Superbad/other movies collection. Thanks to all for posting up bargains:):)

It gets better! Just noticed that all books have the €3 off them and free delivery!

If anyone is interested in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris most of them seem to be €2.99 each delivered!! Considering they are about €9 each in Easons, this is a bargain. I already bought the series (which is fairly good imo) for nearly twice the price!

http://www.cdwow.ie/search?query=charlaine+harris&category=all

I've come accross a few more great offers. Brad Pitt triple collection (Sleepers, Meet Joe Black, 12 Monkey's) only 1.99, All of the following films are also 1.99 each - Angel Heart, Showtime, Presumed Innocent, Broken Arrow. I am sure there are loads more hidden away. They dont come up on any of the bargain basement listings. You have to type them in.

• Advertisement

Is there no way to list stuff by price on cdwow? It's very frustrating and time consuming looking through lists in random order

I agree. It is very annoying. There is no way, apart from when you type in a specifitic film - then it gives you the otpion of sorting by price etc, which is pretty pointless considering only a few choices tend to come up, whereas it would actually be very usefull to have the option on the bragain sections.

I have to say though, this is a brilliant sale. Best i've come accross in a long time. I have brough so many DVD's at 1.99. Just picked up books on De Niro, Pacino, Eastwood, Nicholson and Brando for 2.99 each with free delivery. Saw the same books for 15 in easons.

Also, for any U2 fans, most of their albums are going for under a fiver, same with Springsteen.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Just bought.
    Oxford English Dictionary
    I am Legend
    Do Androids dream of elecric sheep(Blade Runner)
    That Brad Pitt collection.

9.95 delivered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Beat this one I just found!!

The Shawshank Redemption on Blu-ray for a fiver!

I already own two copies of it though (regular and three-disc special edition) so really can't buy another!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Bluray Raging Bull €8.99
    Got that plus Bluray Reservoir Dogs and Shawshank Redemption for €21.97.
    Hope they arrive now. Time to buy a Bluray player I suppose.

basquille wrote: »
    Beat this one I just found!!

The Shawshank Redemption on Blu-ray for a fiver!

I already own two copies of it though (regular and three-disc special edition) so really can't buy another!

Might as well buy it at that price.

Most overrated film of all time mind you, plus the worst tagline in history
    "Fear can keep you prisoner, hope can set you free"!

Also, check this out.
    There's a Scottish version of Roald Dahl's "The Twits" called "The Eejits"!!!
    i kid you not!
    yours for 1.99
    http://www.cdwow.ie/books/ROALD-DAHL-EEJITS/dp/2378203

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

STAR TREK - THE NEXT GENERATION - SERIES 1 - COMPLETE €13.99 €10.99

FATHER TED - COMPLETE 1ST SERIES €6.99 €3.99

DERREN BROWN - TRICK OF THE MIND - SERIES 2 €3.99 €1.99

30 ROCK - SEASON 2 (COMPLETE) €14.99 €11.99

ANDROMEDA (GENE RODDENBERRY) - SEASON 1 (COMPLETE) (REMASTERED) €15.99 €12.99

SPEED RACER €5.99 €2.99

Just tried to make a purchase there via the 3 Euro off link and its been declined on both my laser and credit card! I did order a fair bit yesterday, is is possible that they have blocked me from completing purchase:confused::confused:

Edit just checked my account there and most things I ordered are on backorder, thats not a good sign is it?

• Advertisement

All the books I ordered are on "backorder", as is the Brad Pitt DVD.

Only thing pending dispatch is the Shawshank Redmeption Blu Ray.

Just to add that I ordered a cliff Richard calender, diary, book and cd (for a Christmas present for someone:D) amongst other things, and they too are on "back order" Now, I don't think there is a rush on things Cliff Richard, somehow, so it looks like cd wow aint going to honour my orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Raging Bull shipped yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Got The Pordigy Invaders must die cd for €4 and it despatched on friday. Also got Daft punk Greatest hits vol.1 for €3 but its on back order.

What are the chances of getting the stuff when they are all on backorder?

They're gonna stay on backorder till you ask them for a refund, which they'll give.

I bought a bunch of books for 1.99 delivered of them which they have to be losing money on.

lindtee wrote: »

Edit just checked my account there and most things I ordered are on backorder, thats not a good sign is it?

Half of the dvd's i order are also on backorder. I have emailed them this morinng and just got a reply saying they would honor the orders and would dispatch them the day they arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Just looked up my order after reading this thread and all of my books are on backorder too. Will be interesting to see if any of them eventually arrive (before 25/12 would be good! :))

Some of the books that were on backorder yesterday were dispatched today:) Thanks again OP. (The Cliff stuff hasn't been dispatched yet though:() Its looking good that I'll get the lot! Some great bargains, pity they blocked me from making any more orders :mad:

• Advertisement

4 books dispatched for me today.

Some great bargains, pity they blocked me from making any more orders :mad:

Well you really did the dog on it.

3 books "Despatched" for me today :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

Thanks OP, this is a great offer.

All of my books were dispatched yesterday and most of the DVD's.
    And they sent me a voucher this morning for €4.39.
    Looks like this is a drive to regain lost business?

They've just introduced a delivery charge for books though:
    "Delivery to: ROI / European * 1st book: £4.99 * Each additional: £1.50"
    Oh well, back to the book depository.

Shawshank Redemption blu ray gone out as well.

Excellent little bargain alert this, and fair play to CDWOW for honouring it.

Got a load of books for 1.99 delivered and the blu-ray above for a fiver.
    Also the Brad Pitt collection but that's on backorder!

8 of the 19 items I ordered dispatched, 2 pending dispatch and 9 back ordered! I didn't expect them to honour the books as there is usually delivery charges and they are high, but all but 2 of the books have been dispatched.

• Advertisement

My order, Superman Returns on DVD, was dispatched today too. For a while I was wondering when the order status would move from "pending despatch", but finally today it changed status.

My Reservoir Dogs Blu-ray despatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

basquille wrote: »
    My Reservoir Dogs Blu-ray despatched.

Yup,same here,Raging Bull too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

All 3 books, and 4 dvds now dispatched. 1 bluray and 2 dvds still on backorder.

Everything on the site still seems to be showing as €3 off for me. Havent tried to order anything tho so cant say if its just a glitch. Anyone else?

Also, free delivery on their books has been extended until december 25th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

remind me if you are buying a DVD over the web, what region should it be for Ireland? Inspired by this thread I looked up BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY, which I have been thinking of buying for a while for the kids (and the parents) to watch...the trilogy costs 30.99 for region 1 and 10.99 for region 4, slight price difference!

• Advertisement

Region 4 will work in European DVD players I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 BernardMc

Correct, Region 4 (which is Austrlia & Asia) dvds do play in Irish dvd players (Region 2).
    I've bought several Region 4 dvds from Cdwow and they've played no problem!

All 3 books, and 4 dvds now dispatched. 1 bluray and 2 dvds still on backorder.

Everything on the site still seems to be showing as €3 off for me. Havent tried to order anything tho so cant say if its just a glitch. Anyone else?

Also, free delivery on their books has been extended until december 25th

Yeah, everything is still showing as €3 off for me too, even if I just put in the normal cd wow url. I can't use the €4.56 voucher they gave me on it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

Looks like the €3 off finished this morning.
    Still free delivery on books though.

Looks like the €3 off finished this morning.
    Still free delivery on books though.

Got in a couple of more cheap orders in yesterday:D Ordered all 22 of Darren Shan's books for my boys for €47 ish!! But I didn't stop there, ordered House of night series too, (books 1-5) for about €12 on another order, and then decided blow it and ordered a further €15 worth of books! Hopefully they'll honour them all!

Got in a couple of more cheap orders in yesterday:D Ordered all 22 of Darren Shan's books for my boys for €47 ish!! But I didn't stop there, ordered House of night series too, (books 1-5) for about €12 on another order, and then decided blow it and ordered a further €15 worth of books! Hopefully they'll honour them all!

Just got 33 dispatch notices from cdwow, all the above stuff has been dispatched. Alastair_doom - you are my hero!!Best Bargain Alert Ever. Out of the 60 odd items I ordered altogether(:o) all but 4 of them have been dispatched (and 2 of them are cliff richard items) So I've saved a massive €180 on site prices, a lot of which were relatively good value before the discount. Post man is not going to like me though:D:D

Advertisement