Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seefin.. Child friendly?

Options
  • 24-09-2009 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Now that the sporting activities of the summer have died down, I am finally getting some time to get out on the hills.

Planning to go up Lug myself in a couple of weeks but hoping to get out at the weekend and will bring my daughter along. Will probably do Djouce via the Wicklow Way but just wonder how child-friendly Seefin in as I'd like to get a look at the tomb on top and my daughter loves that kind of thing.

She's 10 and has climbed Slieve Foye in the Cooleys and Slieve Gullion without any problems - if anyone is familiar with the route up Seefin - it looks to be a handy enough climb (from my map, looks like the road is circa 400 metres with the summit at 621 metres) but just wondering how difficult the terrain is?

Cheers in advance..

Advertisement