Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon d300 and photoshop bridge

• 24-09-2009 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am the proud new owner of a nikon d300, I've only used it a couple of times and in the past hour or so been uploading shots. Now I see that neither cs3 or psp x2 read the files. I have never come across this on psp before and unfortunately there does not seem to be any downloads for, I may have to wait for x3. I have gotten the plugin in for photoshop which is great, the only problem now is I cannot see the files in bridge. I have pasted the plugin into bridge but I am still seeing the raw thumbnail.

Any ideas / fixes? cant seem to find anything that applies to pc!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Re: Bridge 2.1.1.9 problems with Nikon D300 NEF files

Yes, I have posted this exact problem. Nikon D300 NEF files do not work properly in Bridge CS3,v 2119.
    No one knows a work around yet - guessing it will be in the next Bridge update. I have heard the Nikon D3 NEFs are also a problem.

Found this on an Adobe forum, might be out of date !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Lets hope someone has figured it out, can't believe psp doesnt work with it, it just makes it longer having to open the file before seeing if it is the one you are looking for....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

You could try converting the files to DNG as a workaround while a fix is sorted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Would CS4 help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

the plugin you installed... did you get rid of any older plugin file in the folder

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/456459

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/453979

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

"Digital Negative is an open standard that is slowly seeing universal adoption - it frees software developers from having to provide for RAW conversions. The Adobe converter does a good job - it is quick and you can batch process the RAW files and make some adjustments at the same time if you like. I prefer to do a direct conversion of RAW to DNG. I had begun to convert all my RAW files but the DNGs make them redundant and I am reluctant to discard the RAW files so I no longer do this, but the DNG format is a great idea that is catching on."

More from a forum

Well you see they are working now in cs3 but I use bridge to browse through the files and I cannot see them in bridge, is it a different bridge with cs4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Well you see they are working now in cs3 but I use bridge to browse through the files and I cannot see them in bridge, is it a different bridge with cs4?

Yep, bridge CS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

You could try purging the bridge cache, if you first tried to open the files before you installed the correct ACR plugin, the previews may be corrupt.

No ghost train I didnt, I'll check that now

Re the dng, I know I used that with the d40x but I must have deleted it. Maybe its worth a try. The problem is only with bridge though so dont know if that will make a difference, I have a convertor that will convert to jpeg but I really want to be able to do my raw processing, and I like to do that individually rather than in batches, I always insist on giving each shot individual attention, fussy I know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement