Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Sorry for dragging this old beast back to life, but a handy article from eventhubs on unlocking colours and taunts

HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They say it's a quick way to unlock colours, but I tried it and got as far as getting all of Kens done and stopped. It's tedious and not as quick as you'd think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Anybody having loading issues with the PS3? I haven't played mine for a few weeks when I tried playing it last night. It kept freezing up on the Vs screen. It did it about 3 times. I had to reboot the system each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Anybody having loading issues with the PS3? I haven't played mine for a few weeks when I tried playing it last night. It kept freezing up on the Vs screen. It did it about 3 times. I had to reboot the system each time.

Sounds like either a dirty or scratched disc or more likely corrupt install data.

Delte the install data and install it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Thanks Chopperbyrne. I'll check the disc for scratches and give it a wipe down and see if that fixes it. If not I'll do the whole reinstall data option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 supersquaddy

Bush80 wrote: »
    Does fuertes ultra 2 have armour like abels?

you can cancel his ex run into ulra 2 giving it one hit of armour i think. Its a one frame link though

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

JohnMc1 wrote: »

Could be a server issue too.
    Mine kept freezing on the screen where you win/lose BP and PP but it's ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I forgot this update was coming

linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Got the patch earlier and played tournament mode for a while.

It sucks.

For starters, there is no sort of ability to put people together based on their current skill rank. As a result, I was constantly being put up against B+ rank players with more than double the BP that I do and yes, they were actually good, they kicked my ass, including a Dan with over 10000 BP! ( seems like I got a lot of learning to do yet )

Its not that I don't mind playing against much better players as it helps me learn but I met more B rank players today than in the past month put together! Sheesh, if this is what its like in a real tournament, I'm going to get my ass kicked at Inferno!

Then there's the lag, its really bad here. Also, matches in the lower brackets don't go on at the same time so there is a lot of waiting. Not cool, Capcom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Tournament mode..what a cop out.No matchmaking and no real incentive to play except for a crappy picture of a trophy beside your name:mad:. What about the intense final music they promised, that toss they opted for hardly gets the adrenaline pumping.!!
    I'ts full of the laggiest lagsters about aswell..i've played bout five tornaments and only finished 2 as it lagged out and once went into a repeating circle telling me players had left so i had to sign out to stop it.By jesus Capcom....
    They should have had a point system where you progress to higher grade tournies and get new icons/trophies beside your name,now that would be something.

Bring back championship mode Capcom you feckers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Tournament mode..what a cop out.No matchmaking and no real incentive to play except for a crappy picture of a trophy beside your name:mad:. What about the intense final music they promised, that toss they opted for hardly gets the adrenaline pumping.!!
    I'ts full of the laggiest lagsters about aswell..i've played bout five tornaments and only finished 2 as it lagged out and once went into a repeating circle telling me players had left so i had to sign out to stop it.By jesus Capcom....
    They should have had a point system where you progress to higher grade tournies and get new icons/trophies beside your name,now that would be something.

Bring back championship mode Capcom you feckers

Tournament mode is garbage. Won my first one, have absolutely no desire to go back to random games.

However, give me 7 other boardsies in a private tournament and it should be a great laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Um, guys? First day DLC = servers being hammered?
    Give it a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I had no problems with lag when I played a few tourneys earlier. Its **** though. You dont feel any sense of accomplishment when you win a tourney with a load of idiots. You have to look at all the matches with them jumping around doing stupid stuff too.
    Ill still play ranked mostly. Its the best way to get quick matches with at least half decent people. It might be ok with people you know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

private tournament
    HEAD PHONE SET ESSENTIAL

RUDENESS AND LAUGHTER AND FINGER POINTING and recording all matches also essential

BRING IT ON [ry R.I.P]

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

tournament mode with randomers is a total waste of time.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

yeah had a bit of craic playing it today with some fellow irish players but yeah. The music btw is the main credits track. Which I think is alright.

But yeah its nothing massive tbh. Being in a room full of really good players might be alright practice though with the whole watching waiting then only having one round to play your best thing.

Something I have a lot of trouble with myself as I'm used to having a stream of matches before I'm in the zone and start playing at my best.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sisko wrote: »

Something I have a lot of trouble with myself as I'm used to having a stream of matches before I'm in the zone and start playing at my best.

I'm the same, I need about 45 minutes play before I am a threat to anyone. I don't like heading into multiplayer lobby without some ranked battles first because I'll play like crap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I'm the same, I need about 45 minutes play before I am a threat to anyone. I don't like heading into multiplayer lobby without some ranked battles first because I'll play like crap :)
    Conversely, I use multiplayer to train for ranked...

Mind you, I've played less than 80 ranked battles in all(on the 'a big irish man' profile anyway)

Ken B wrote: »
    Conversely, I use multiplayer to train for ranked...

Mind you, I've played less than 80 ranked battles in all(on the 'a big irish man' profile anyway)

Yeah but you care about online points whereas I am just using a mates xbox account to practice for tournaments :) Different strokes.

Still, I love the online reporting in Super. Top 40 online Guile in Europe, top 200 in the world, thank you very much :D

How do find out your the top 40 guile in Europe/200th in the world?
    All I can see is how to sort rank according to continent , not by character

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

How do find out your the top 40 guile in Europe/200th in the world?
    All I can see is how to sort rank according to continent , not by character

Press start as far as I can remember

Ahaa found it. cheers.

Thats only graded on Battle points which means even less than player points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

Ahaa found it. cheers.

Thats only graded on Battle points which means even less than player points
    player points stand for something, the full explanation for this is too long winded to explain but battle points mean nothing. i think player points reflect experience and success rate, not skill. but experience, success rate and skill go somewhat hand in hand, like a man with three hands or goro with one of his arms chopped off.
    if you get someone with around 3000 pp then you should get a decent fight, any higher and its on!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

If anyone is watching the France vs. Mexico match, the announcer in the stadium sounds exactly like announcer in Super, it's brilliant.

A-Trak wrote: »
    If anyone is watching the France vs. Mexico match, the announcer in the stadium sounds exactly like announcer in Super, it's brilliant.

Haha brilliant I thought the exact same thing! Mexico proved the old axiom.

On a totally unrelated topic, we must have another match-up. Whoever has the most wins after 44 minutes is the winner.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Haha brilliant I thought the exact same thing! Mexico proved the old axiom.

Super commentator is way to hardcore to prove axioms, he illustrates principles.

Super commentator is way to hardcore to prove axioms, he illustrates principles.

Bullsh1t Doom, it's allllllll about the axioms. I wanna take you for a ride, de de dede de de.

* Cant get mvc2 music out of head this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I prove axioms in my sleep :cool:

• Advertisement

animaX wrote: »
    I prove axioms in my sleep :cool:

Yeah but you're a maths nerd. Street Fighter's actually your cooler interest :) .

Advertisement