Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i dont think they reuse any code.
    while fundamentals stay the same, the game engine is different almost everytime for each generation release and hit box's for 3d models differ significantly from 2d ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'm not attacking it confused.gif

I never even compared it to street fighter.

I don't even know what you're talking about here. I think we've had a transmission error, lets just drop it, whatever it is. :pac:

As for the code re-use, what part of it's a joke don't people get? I practically spelled it out it that last post. :confused:

It was supposed to be a good-natured jab at Capcoms legendary re-use of resources and it's somehow turned into a mini-****storm.

Realistically they probably ARE re-using some code (at least across the same platform) because pretty much all developers do, it's common good practice. Just depends what you're re-using, the logic behind some things never changes (menus, timer, lifebars, etc) so it makes sense to re-use the code. But I probably shouldn't have said that the way this is going, in any case its not worth bloody arguing over.

We've also ditched the topic on a country road somewhere.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I don't even know what you're talking about here. I think we've had a transmission error, lets just drop it, whatever it is. :pac:

As for the code re-use, what part of it's a joke don't people get? I practically spelled it out it that last post. :confused:

It was supposed to be a good-natured jab at Capcoms legendary re-use of resources and it's somehow turned into a mini-****storm.

Realistically they probably ARE re-using some code (at least across the same platform) because pretty much all developers do, it's common good practice. Just depends what you're re-using, the logic behind some things never changes (menus, timer, lifebars, etc) so it makes sense to re-use the code. But I probably shouldn't have said that the way this is going, in any case its not worth bloody arguing over.

We've also ditched the topic on a country road somewhere.

They're just kidding with you, relax. :)

In fact the only reason I have allowed this topic to run off is because I'm enjoying joking at the expense of our own D4RK ON1ON, who is in fact the Boards Rock Band mod. :)

They're just kidding with you, relax. :)

In fact the only reason I have allowed this topic to run off is because I'm enjoying joking at the expense of our own D4RK ON1ON, who is in fact the Boards Rock Band mod. :)

ding ding ding

here he is, at our last inferno - after party
    pika.jpg?w=450

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Oh wow! There's a grudge match :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There appears to be a lesbian threesome going on in the background and that guy in a pikachu costume is playing Rockband/Guitar Hero. He really needs to get his priorities in check!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

There appears to be a lesbian threesome going on in the background and that guy in a pikachu costume is playing Rockband/Guitar Hero. He really needs to get his priorities in check!

I could even be persuaded to put my TE down for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

In fairness, it's not like he stands a chance in a LESBIAN threesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

yeah they'd probably be too much for him considering he's the type that plays Guitar Hero

oh no you di-int

istockphoto_2547683_oh_no_you_didn_t.jpg

I'll put money on the table for anyone who can get me quality video footage of the girls in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Reviving thread for non-thread worthy question. Anyone know how many + frames are added to CH moves?

Damn I thought I killed this thread.

Well *click* *click* ... here goes nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sisko wrote: »
    Well *click* *click* ... here goes nothing

Thank you for crashing my browser and my computer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GorySnake wrote: »
    Reviving thread for non-thread worthy question. Anyone know how many + frames are added to CH moves?

1 for light moves, 3 for medium and heavy. Not sure if that's how it works for specials/supers/ultras too though

Somebody revived this thread and didn't even get me my lesbian videos? :pac:

RAGE

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    1 for light moves, 3 for medium and heavy. Not sure if that's how it works for specials/supers/ultras too though

Cheers, still doesn't make the combo I hit the other day make sense.

Actually Red told me that if it was meaty it would have combo'd, it was Wednesday so I cant remember that far back but Im assuming it was a meaty CH.
    Somebody revived this thread and didn't even get me my lesbian videos? :pac:

RAGE

www.google.ie

animaX wrote: »
    Thank you for crashing my browser and my computer :pac:

1 down

muhahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

hopefully one of the frame oracles will be able to answer this,
    as ken, is there any reason to use croucking light kick instead of crouching light punch for hit confirms/combos?
    i see alot of pro ken players doing cr lk cr lp fierce shoryu, whereas i always just use cr lp for combos and hit confirming
    they both seem to link just as easy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

hopefully one of the frame oracles will be able to answer this,
    as ken, is there any reason to use croucking light kick instead of crouching light punch for hit confirms/combos?
    i see alot of pro ken players doing cr lk cr lp fierce shoryu, whereas i always just use cr lp for combos and hit confirming
    they both seem to link just as easy

cr.LK is a low attack. cr.LP isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

Orim wrote: »
    cr.LK is a low attack. cr.LP isn't.

ahhhhhhhhhh, nearly a yr and a half of playing ken and i never realised that :rolleyes:
    do they have the same frame properties?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

ahhhhhhhhhh, nearly a yr and a half of playing ken and i never realised that :rolleyes:
    do they have the same frame properties?

No. cr.LK has one extra active frame but also has one extra recovery.

cr.LK is worse on hit and block. It's 0 on block and +3 on hit as opposed to cr.LP which is +2 on block and +5 on hit.

They both start up in 3 frames.

What, you can block c.lp with standing block?:eek::confused:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

What, you can block c.lp with standing block?:eek::confused:

Or course, you didn't know that? That's why people go c.lk. c.lp BnB!

In all my years of playing street fighter. I was always under the impression that crouching moves hit low. I don't think I've ever even witnessed someone blocking a jab with standing block.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

In all my years of playing street fighter. I was always under the impression that crouching moves hit low. I don't think I've ever even witnessed someone blocking a jab with standing block.

Never wonder why you can parry it high in 3s?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If the move is touching the ground, block low. If its not touching the ground, block high. Thats the way I always viewed it anyway. crouching punch is off the ground, a crouching kick touches the ground.

There might be one or two moves that contradict that, but thats always been my take on it anyway.

I never was at the level in 3s where I could parry a block string or combo. Only fireballs, jump ins, aa's and meaties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Not sure if this was already posted but, new characters :P

2739927-7830909-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1279864266639

Advertisement