Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Golly IE

Not sure if this was already posted but, new characters :P

2739927-7830909-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1279864266639

Hopefully Rolento :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

People are mentioning Hugo but how would that work in the contruction site stage?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

animaX wrote: »
    People are mentioning Hugo but how would that work in the contruction site stage?!

What happens when balrog and vega fight on the airfield stage?

I think id prefer more stages than characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Bush80 wrote: »
    What happens when balrog and vega fight on the airfield stage?

I think id prefer more stages than characters.

Bison is in the plane.

I don't really mind more stages but I don't want more characters. I'd love a way to play on old stages though. Just stick the new models on the old backgrounds :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

yeah I;d love it if they did what they did to chunnies stage , to every other stage in sf2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

animaX wrote: »

Ono said that he wanted Hugo but he was rejected, think i seen that on eventhubs..

But theres to many rumors going round saying there alpha characters.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sisko wrote: »
    yeah I;d love it if they did what they did to chunnies stage , to every other stage in sf2.

I have a SF art book whihc says the Small air strip evolved from Guiles which isn't much of a leap.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Placebo wrote: »

The first reply was brilliant :P
    Tier lists are the most important thing in the game don't worry about practicing combos or match ups just read the tier lists and memorize the tier lists so you can counter pick every person you fight and then you will be the tier list master gotta catch em all tier lists are really important because it lets you know whether or not you can complain about the character you play see if you play chun who is now the best in the game obviously you are playing a broken character who is too good and other players should lose to you because your character is so good and if you play makoto or sakura you will lose because thats what the tier list says which leads me to another point tier lists are really underrated people should pay more attention to tier lists because they are made by omnipotent beings who know more about the game than anyone else and who's opinions on the match ups are final and absolute see and it's japanese too which means it's correct because daigo is japanese and he is the best player ever that no one will ever beat and so he makes tier lists in his spare time because its more important than playing the game or sleeping tier lists tier lists teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer liiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssstttttttttttttsssss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Where they are placed suggests new characters.

I'd much rather see originals than rehashed oldies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I have a SF art book whihc says the Small air strip evolved from Guiles which isn't much of a leap.
    Apparently they were remaking Guiles and the yanks pissed off Capcom for some reason they just made it in Africa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

I'd much rather see originals than rehashed oldies.

The pity about if they were new is that they'd probably be over looked/rarely used (unless broken). I do agree though id prefer to see new characters. Maybe one that beats out every one of ryus moves :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Robbknoll wrote: »
    The pity about if they were new is that they'd probably be over looked/rarely used (unless broken). I do agree though id prefer to see new characters. Maybe one that beats out every one of ryus moves :pac:
    I dunno about that. Rufus and Juri have both been enjoying some serious limelight, and the other new guys get at least as much play as half the characters reintorduced in Super.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Sairus wrote: »
    I dunno about that. Rufus and Juri have both been enjoying some serious limelight, and the other new guys get at least as much play as half the characters reintorduced in Super.

Rufus was there from the start of SF4 but i was more talking about the introduced characters sorry. But how many have you seen in competitions? Precious little. Wasnt at the last inferno but i saw gorysnake(sorry if i spelt that wrong) used Cody. One of the few players to use a new character. The inferno i was at Generic used Hakan and i think i saw an adon, out of how many. Suppose the point im making is that with the game out and established unless the new characters are clearly powerful or broken not many ppl will put the time into them. Surprised i havent fought more Dudleys, fight very little :( I like the matches against him.

Fair play to Dark Onion for putting all that time into Makoto :pac: Games we had at the last casuals were great fun.

Rumour is they are showing off rolento and alex today

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Juri, Cody and Dudley seem to be the only new characters that get any playtime, on and offline. I nearly never see the other 7.

I think I see more guys than dudelys. Dudely kind of sucks in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Unless Im forgetting someone, I'd say of the 10 new characters he's 3rd best, before Cody and Ibuki.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

There's several Ibukis and T. Hawks also...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

7 is too many, they should have waited way longer till releasing more characters, once the game got quite boring.
    Kinda like sf3, if they released new chars for that, there would have been parades. Cyber parades, but parades none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

New Super SFIV costumes (on the disc??)
    sf4_costumes1cc.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1280031710831

sf4_costumesnewcc.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1280031741494

Catwoman Cammy? Alpha tracksuit Chun-Li? Biker Bob Rufus? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Alpha Chun Li does look great. DeeJay looks like a hunchback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Who is designing these things? Catwoman Cammy? I nearly lost the lunch I didn't even have. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Blanka. Wtf.

"Due to popular demand from fans...."
    "Due to popular demand for more $$ from Capcom..."

chunli looks ****

alpha chunli already exists
    alt 2, costume 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

DeeJay looks like a hunchback.

DeeJay's there?

*squints*

Oh jesus I thought that was Balrog.

Maybe this is DeeJay's "Cool Runnings" outfit.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/4/9/super-will-be-the-last-game-in-the-street-fighter-4-series.html

SUPER WILL BE THE LAST GAME IN THE STREET FIGHTER 4 SERIES

In an interview with Yoshinori Ono conducted by OXM UK, the game's producer is asked if CAPCOM will continue to produce more updates within the Street Fighter 4 series. He mentions Super Street Fighter 4 is the last in the series, and if there should be any updates, it will be via DLC. He feels any fully packaged retail updates beyond the current game will only cater to the hardcore audience. Oh yeah, he also takes a shot at Daigo too -- this guy!

One of the top players, Daigo, has gone on record saying that the game is defensive because backdash is too strong and that Street Fighter IV needs guardbreak. What are your thoughts on that?

So I understand Daigo has a strategy of where he fires hadouken and attacks as soon as the opponent reacts to it. But obviously, we're not all Daigo and we can't all play like him. He's a particularly offensive player and active player but what I wanted to convey is Street Fighter IV is not just an instinctive game. It's also an intelligent game, where you have to really think what the opponent might do based on your reactions. So when you don't know what to do, just step back and think for a bit. Plan out your strategy and then make a move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I turned on SSFIV today for the first time. I bought it a while ago when it was going for €22 in town. I hadn't play a SF game since the Champion Edition on the Sega Mega Drive.

Things have certainly moved on. I expect to trashed when I go online later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I turned on SSFIV today for the first time. I bought it a while ago when it was going for €22 in town. I hadn't play a SF game since the Champion Edition on the Sega Mega Drive.

Things have certainly moved on. I expect to trashed when I go online later.

Where are you living? There are regular meetups happening in Dublin, Belfast and Limerick, with a Cork scene just getting started.

Everyone is friendly and will happily help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Vega's new costume....

n112134008825602_2846.jpg

'Eeeet duz plentee........'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Those costumes aren't too bad. I love Blanka's Aztec-style Quetzalcoatl thingumajig, very flavourful and I can't wait to see it in action (I've a thing for Aztec themes, you might have figured). Is that a kitsune suit Adon is wearing, or is the "tail" a slash in the background? And Cammy's suit, that's cool, but I still wanna see her Doll outfit. We got Chun Li's Alpha suit so that makes me happy, though it makes her thighs look MASSIVE. Seriously, compare them to Cammy's. Wonder which member of the Village People Ken's gonna be this time.

Advertisement