Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Love the Ken & Ryu in the MMA garb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Makes me want to bash my head off the wall for a good hour thinking how somebody is rejecting these awesome designs in favour of the cack they keep releasing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I would have loved to have seen Cammy in that Alt even if it's the same as Rose's Alt 1, especially if it saved us from the monstrosity that is her Catwoman alt.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

OMG
    <kikimaru> they... they make the women look hot
    <kikimaru> even Makoto
    <kikimaru> even MAKOTO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Balrog needs a bandana and sunglasses. Seriously. That looked fantastic. Also, Strider Guy would be most welcome. In fact, dressing any characters up as non-SF characters would be most welcome. I'd use Ken's original K' costume if every emo on the planet wasn't already using it. And, uh, if I played as Ken.

I can like without Dominatrix Rose, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I want to pay cash money for a mode where i can't see alternative costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Anyone else notice taht throughout event hubs forums there was this whole "arcades are getting 7 new characters" even though there was only two extra blank slots? Finally found what caused this! Honestly dunno how someone could fall for it though I do think Alex and Q would make good additions to the game.

GgBJ.jpg

I'd give the old "This is too awesome to be real", but then SFxT and TxSF got announced the day after...

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Rolento and Q, they better be announced September. Alex more likely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

ono will ruin arex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

fake

Oh I know its fake. The pics stand out too clearly and the fact that we know theres only another two characters coming for now. Just was putting the pic up because alot of posters on eventhubs and SRK seemed to accept this and I thought twas funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Just was putting the pic up because alot of posters on eventhubs and SRK seemed to accept this and I thought twas funny.

Yeah, there isn't even a random select slot. Looks cool though, the character profile artwork is nice

Yesterday, I discovered that Guile has an alternate taunt where he puts sunglasses on. Now I finally know what you guys are always talking about. Woohoo!

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Yesterday, I discovered that Guile has the best taunt where he puts sunglasses on. Now I finally know what you guys are always talking about. Woohoo!
    FYP :cool:

I think I'm playing SF4 backwards. The more I play, the scrubbier I get.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dunjohn wrote: »
    I think I'm playing SF4 backwards. The more I play, the scrubbier I get.

It's prob just as you understand the system more you recognise the silly things you do more readily.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

By broadening my attack, I've blunted my focus. The more I speak, the less I've got to say.....etc.

These days I've discovered that I'm concentrating more on trying to perform fancy combos, than doing my hit and run mindgames which have served me so well in the past.....

animaX wrote: »
    Yeah, there isn't even a random select slot. Looks cool though, the character profile artwork is nice

Yeah and from what little I've played of 3rd Strike, most of those characters would make fun additions! Really like Alex in TVC and I try to use him or Q whenever I do play 3rd strike. Doesnt Elena have a healing move though?

It's an Ultra so it may not make the cut if she's in SF4. I've always used one of her other two Ultras.

• Advertisement

Indeed, since SFIV is slower & makes it harder to punish something like that, it may be a deciding factor in ruling her out.
    @Dunjohn: The 3S cast in SSF4 all use their old Supers. Ibuki is a slight exception, she uses one of her 2nd Impact Supers as well.
    Elena never had more than her 3 Supers in all 3 SFIII games.

Of course, worse is that almost ALL her moves could be blocked high, even crouch attacks! At least she had kara-throw.

They could do something with Healing so that it gives her back a chunk of grey health. She then has to avoid all hits until it fills up with actual health or she loses it all - sort of like the opposite of Gen's touch of death thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »
    They could do something with Healing so that it gives her back a chunk of grey health. She then has to avoid all hits until it fills up with actual health or she loses it all - sort of like the opposite of Gen's touch of death thing.

That's actually kind of a cool idea.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Indeed, since SFIV is slower & makes it harder to punish something like that, it may be a deciding factor in ruling her out.
    @Dunjohn: The 3S cast in SSF4 all use their old Supers. Ibuki is a slight exception, she uses one of her 2nd Impact Supers as well.
    Elena never had more than her 3 Supers in all 3 SFIII games.

Forgot about SF4's Supers, didn't I. Well, back to sleep then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

does charging count during an ultra startup animation
    for example
    can guile charge for a flashkick during a particularly lengthy ultra startup like ryus, if before the ultra startup he wasnt charging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

does charging count during an ultra startup animation
    for example
    can guile charge for a flashkick during a particularly lengthy ultra startup like ryus, if before the ultra startup he wasnt charging?

Ye

EventHubs wrote: »
    Note: This information came second hand from an unnamed source, so please take it with a grain of salt, but it was stated that:
    • There's going to be at least 6 characters added to the game.

• Capcom was originally hoping for an October release date, but back then they had only planned on adding two extra fighters.

• They pushed the release date to December so they could add more characters in to the game.

So who're everyone's guesses?

Alex, Elena, Shadow, Morrigan, Sheng Long and Blanka's mom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Alex, Rolento, Evil T. Hawk, Mecha Guile, Shadow and Mikhail Gorbachev

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Alex
    Rolento
    Elena
    Oro
    Birdie
    Yun

339442-sf3oro_2_super.png

Advertisement