Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Doesn't look like anything on new stages.

Surely they have got to add new stages with the new characters at least??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1 stage per character is what I want but it's wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I can't wait to destroy more Lexus saloons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    1 stage per character is what I want but it's wishful thinking.

Yeah I really miss the whole flying to another country to fight in someones home stage kinda thing, it was a big part of what Street Fighter original was yea know?

Its a pity.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've stil yet to meet one person who thinks non character specific stages are cool.

Waits for the inevitable contrarian :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Yeah I really miss the whole flying to another country to fight in someones home stage kinda thing, it was a big part of what Street Fighter original was yea know?

JAPAN!

U.S.S.R!

THAIERRYLAND!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

4v4 hmmm...
    It would be amazing if it was a tag match with 8 players, *sings* LAST MAN STANDING, wins for the team, very MVC2 style. no assists or jump kicking into the fight though, do a tekken tag when they just run in & out. A use for the D-pad, each arrow on the D pad represents a team member, press to tag!

For arcade stick users, iunno, something like, hold down LB&RB & move the joystick?

It'll just be Tougeki (SBO) style -- this is Street Fighter, not a VS. game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Bit tough on people with 6 button sticks. :pac:

edit: And yeah hopefully it'll be as Kiki says.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It'll just be Tougeki (SBO) style -- this is Street Fighter, not a VS. game.

What is Tougeki style anyway? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

What is Tougeki style anyway? :o

I'm not 100% sure about this but here's my attempt at describing it:

Team A vs Team B, Team A consists of Players A1, A2, etc., Team B consists of Players B1, B2, etc. A1 plays B1, A2 plays B2, and so on. If there is an even number of players on each team there exists the possibility of a tie - in the case of a 2-on-2 match-up the tie is broken by having the winners play off against each other. If there is a tie in a 4-on-4 match there is a 2-on-2 match involving the winners of each game, and if that results in a tie then it is broken in the manner described above.

EDIT: I forgot - here's a translation of yesterday's development blog:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jigsaw/blog/2009/11/05/super_street_fighter_iv_development_blog_no5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Taken from Twitter;

Capcom_Unity

Ono showed us something TOTALLY AWESOME that we're not allowed to talk about for a few months. He's a total tease...

**** you Capcom Unity.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

New info for online modes, http://www.hadoken.net/?p=863

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Red350 wrote: »
    New info for online modes, http://www.hadoken.net/?p=863

i just wet my pants

also

ssfivryu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

The character profiles on the official SSF4 site have been updated with voice samples (in Japanese):

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/character.html

Check out Dee Jay's.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

so is there any new info on it?

ah ha! So I guess we know what Ryus 2nd ultra is then. hmmmm this brings a few questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Translated version!

Recording and proper lobbies num num

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Yreval wrote: »
    The character profiles on the official SSF4 site have been updated with voice samples (in Japanese):

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/character.html

Check out Dee Jay's.

:eek: @ Juri

Placebo wrote: »
    i just wet my pants

also

ssfivryu.jpg
    IZ DAT SUM SHIN SHORYU?? :D:D:D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'd have preferred something like his massive hurricane kick to be honest... Ah well..

me too actually. mainly cause gouken now has that so it's a bit odd 2 of them having it. Also as its an ultra and theres no super canceling, I kinda pictured an srk fadc where they fly into the air, and ryu dashes under them and does his ultra tatsu and they land into it...........kinda thing....

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yeah, that'd be cool. I mean has srk ever really been Ryu's "thing" anyway? I thought that was always ken's signature thing (that and being cheap :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I love SF as much as anyone here but Capcom seriously need to put in a couple of new stages,just like Namco did with Tekken 6 BR. Characters sharing stages...urghh..I thought we saw the last of that in SF Alpha 1.:mad:

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yeah, that'd be cool. I mean has srk ever really been Ryu's "thing" anyway? I thought that was always ken's signature thing (that and being cheap :P)

The "Ryu's the ultimate fireball guy" seems to have been degraded in 4 no end. It's more that Ryu's signature is single, hard strikes and Ken's is multiple hit, low damage strikes.

That's how it's supposed to work, anywho.

me too actually. mainly cause gouken now has that so it's a bit odd 2 of them having it. Also as its an ultra and theres no super canceling, I kinda pictured an srk fadc where they fly into the air, and ryu dashes under them and does his ultra tatsu and they land into it...........kinda thing....

Yeah thats what Ryu needs, another easy FADC into ultra :)

Xluna wrote: »
    I love SF as much as anyone here but Capcom seriously need to put in a couple of new stages,just like Namco did with Tekken 6 BR. Characters sharing stages...urghh..I thought we saw the last of that in SF Alpha 1.:mad:
    They ARE putting in new stages.
    And the "break the car" and "destroy the barrels" stages are back, too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement