Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hotaru wrote: »
    Just takes awhile to get used to all this stuff :p I understand the charge character thing, I don't find it to bad tbh - I guess I'm not used to anything else anyway.

Sure I'm still learning what people even do in the game and how I should react to that >.<

The fact you are aware you need to do this from the start puts you at a huge advantage to another total "noob" at the game imo.

Street Fighter is all about split second choices. Sometimes in reaction, sometimes when pushing an advantage.

the better you become at those decisions, the better you will get than Onion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 steo2009

Streetfighter vs Teken now i hope this game will be a good all out action one.
    Monkeyto wrote: »
    So the rumours at TGS have been flying all over the shop. Here's what's been said:

Original Website

More detailed information can be found here!

All I can say is **** you and your T. Hawk.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

My advice, learn C.Viper or Gen...muhahahaha....hahahahahah....HAHAHAHA!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Look guys! I was talking about anti-air and I didn't mention the air thro....

... never mind.

Thats cause ex sbk is a terrible antiair, anyone with half a brain will safe jump, also it does get stuffed by some moves too.

best ever anti air is JUMP BACK SONIC BOOM , repeat till time out.
    then proceed to claim top 8th prize in inferno

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    Thats cause ex sbk is a terrible antiair,... also it does get stuffed by some moves too.

your favourite :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Thats cause ex sbk is a terrible antiair, anyone with half a brain will safe jump, also it does get stuffed by some moves too.

best ever anti air is JUMP BACK SONIC BOOM , repeat till time out.
    then proceed to claim top 8th prize in inferno

Fifth actually farz get it right. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I went on a 9 match losing streak today. Ranked really f***ing p***es me off to no end. Why can't we just have player matches?! RAAAAAAAAAAAGE!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

all in all, chunli, you wasted my past year.
    Ive moved on

Your giving up on chun? :eek:

@Hotaru, I've not much else to add, just be wary when playing other players to not fall into the trap of 'must land [insert chun li move/combo that you've been practising] and constantly try to land it/them on the person your playing.

Its good to try and focus more on what the other player is doing and thinking and react to that and have the opertunity to land that sweet move on them crop up and hopefully you will just automaticlly land the move with out extra thought.

Standing roundhouse is a nice move to use when you've read the other player well, often you'll encouter players who like to 'get the hell out of there' when they've just been delt a hard hitting combo/are underpressure.

This is where st.rh can be useful as at its max range it can sometimes catch these guys off guard as they go to jump backwards on wake up only to recive a heel to the face. Demoralisng them even more which sometimes allows for a second heel to the face hehe.

But thats down to reading the other player well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Rob2D wrote: »
    I went on a 9 match losing streak today. Ranked really f***ing p***es me off to no end. Why can't we just have player matches?! RAAAAAAAAAAAGE!:mad:

Host an endless battle and limit the room to 2 players. :D

That never works. Besides, I'd just have to play with the same person over and over that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

i would advise against chun.
    She could be easier than ken and ryu as you can just use NORMAL moves [i.e a simple Hard punch] But her ultra setup's might be slightly harder in some cases than others, specially ultra 1 that wiffs most of the time. She doesnt have any combos, or easy combos. She not very robust at breaking FOCUS attacks either.

all in all, chunli, you wasted my past year.
    Ive moved on

Imo her Ultra setups are easier than shoto's, I couldnt FADC Ultra for a good while when I picked up SF4, and I had experience with fighting games. Mash kicks - U2 is a rather easy to learn setup. Her combos are difficult, and dont do big damage, without meter but its much more important to learn fundamentals than combos. No point knowing how to do 1 frame links if you can never create the situation to land it.

Also, you're dropping a top tier character?

GorySnake wrote: »
    Imo her Ultra setups are easier than shoto's, I couldnt FADC Ultra for a good while when I picked up SF4, and I had experience with fighting games. Mash kicks - U2 is a rather easy to learn setup. Her combos are difficult, and dont do big damage, without meter but its much more important to learn fundamentals than combos. No point knowing how to do 1 frame links if you can never create the situation to land it.

Also, you're dropping a top tier character?

Mashing kick is not as easy people think, theres timing to it.
    Also i was comparing the ultra in terms of the position, for u1 you need to be in a croner, it doesnt even connect properly if you focus

all in all i guess im trying to say that charge is more work than other character, if some one wiffs a move, a non charge character can ultra easier/quicklyer than charge

regarding combos, a wiff move by anyone, ryu can hp into hp srk, or focus and do that, loads of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Mashing kick is not as easy people think, theres timing to it.
    Also i was comparing the ultra in terms of the position, for u1 you need to be in a croner, it doesnt even connect properly if you focus

all in all i guess im trying to say that charge is more work than other character, if some one wiffs a move, a non charge character can ultra easier/quicklyer than charge

regarding combos, a wiff move by anyone, ryu can hp into hp srk, or focus and do that, loads of damage.

Use U2

GorySnake wrote: »
    Use U2

I'm making a different point, its just easier to play non charge character, specially to get reactions up to speed with the engine etc, if youre new to the game or series

I'm making a different point, its just easier to play non charge character, specially to get reactions up to speed with the engine etc, if youre new to the game or series

True of course. But I'd never recommend Ryu or Ken. The last thing we need is another shoto out there! I say Fei Long. If the world had more Fei Longs, it would be a better place.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Fei is quite hard to use, his bnbs are tougher than average and his ultras are both fairly crap. I wouldn't recommend him to a new player at all

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Fei is quite hard to use

The limits you feel are all in your head. Ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

The answer lies in the heart of battle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

His killer combos were too much for me mon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Copied from SRK:
    5:38PM PST-Yun's Genei Jin is his super. No word yet on his Ultras. (Anonymous Location Tester)
    5:44PM PST-Ingrid is nowhere to be seen. (Anonymous Location Tester)
    5:57PM PST-Yun feels stiff like Makoto does, but has his target combos (Anonymous Location Tester)
    6:02PM PST-Yang also has his 3s target combos (Anonymous Location Tester)
    6:18PM PST-Hakan's oil now stacks and he has a Kick follow-up to Oil. He can reportedly combo standing light kick into Oil.(Anonymous Location Tester)
    6:27PM PST- Hakan's kick followup might be on Oil Slide. Waiting for confirmation, this was worded oddly.(Anonymous Location Tester)

• Advertisement

My god did any read the list of balanace changes over on event hubs for the arcade release.

Some crazy sounding stuff.

Hakan got lot of balance changes. Oil stacks being the main one and his running command grab is cancelable. He can also oil up after a slide instead of following up with the body press.

But the highlight has to be that Blanka's ball is now unsafer...how is that possible!

Ex.Green Hand no longer knocks down. Zangief bottom tier. Range buff on ultra 2 and more recovery time added. Possible range increase on jab spd.

Makoto, ex.dash punch breaks armour. Axe kicks improved, more like 3rd Strike.

Seth's jumping hard punch is gone.

Cammy's TKCS is gone, ex is still doable, her combo's are easier though.
    !!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

Bison's ultra 2 is now a charge move with way more recovery. Meh, I'll withhold judgement on that.
    Sonic boom doesn't build super meter (they reckon that change wont stay for final build) and Guile got damage nerfs....hahahahhahahahahahhahahaha.

Honda damage nerf. Ultra 2 no longer a 720, motion changed to 2xhcb.

More recovery added to Ken's LP Dragon punch but that now juggles better when used as anti air (unclear as to how)

Ex.Tatsu now hits crouchers by the sound of it. If not than his air ex.tatsu is no longer an overhead.

Air Tatsu has been nerfed for Ryu and Akuma. No longer can be used to escape corner pressure. Goes nowhere if move is performed before the top of the jump arc. Cross up tatsus still work.

Chun got no changes....which is complete BS!

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/sep/10/rumor-ingrid-super-street-fighter-4-arcade/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Azza wrote: »
    My god did any read the list of balanace changes over on event hubs for the arcade release.

Some crazy sounding stuff.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/sep/10/rumor-ingrid-super-street-fighter-4-arcade/

Wow! Some of those changes are a bit mad. Everyone flocking to Chun so! Good to read some of the stuff about Yang & Yun (especially to keep blocking Yun's Ultra 1 - I get caught by Makoto's continuation sometimes in my eagerness to punish something).

Whatever about Akuma losing the escape Air tatsu, he still has teleport...Makes things a little more difficult for Ryu (for once).

Another big one: "E. Honda's damage has been reduced, and it may be harder to combo into his Hundred Hand Slaps."

We could still witness Cobelcog's showpiece though as EX-Cannon Strike can still be instant....And on top of that, Cammy's normals are easier to combo :S

Are Arcade changes going to be patched through to consoles?

🤪

I'm sure some of these changes are not set in stone and there will be more. But whatever changes do come will have to be put on console. Capcom won't split the community.

Azza wrote: »
    Chun got no changes....which is complete BS!

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

This fares well for Gouken, I hope people don't start picking him though :).

I have my own xbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I was nearly going to go into an outrage of disgust about those "balance" changes but then I got to the end and realised that these changes are for the good of the game.

Actually there is suggestion that Chun's c.hk does less stun. But that seems totally random and pointless change.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Bison Ultra 2 now Charge motion. **** you QC, **** you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Blanka balls even more unsafe? Nice trolling ono :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Interesting changes, though none of those are my mains. It'll be interesting to see how I'm affected.

Advertisement