Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

His (Yun's) Dive Kick is great, like Rufus' and his overhead, Toward + Medium Kick, can crossup a grounded opponent.

Just what i wanted!! I hope that means that he can divekick before the top of his jump arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

kens EX tatsu can be blocked low...ooohhh no they didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Did Vega get a fireball??

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

kens lp Has less recovery frames?

OH MY DAYS, FLOW CHART heaven

also lol at BRIAN, i mean GUILE
    HHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    HHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    HHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

0.jpg

also Azza what changed would you propose for chun?
    ANy of her regular bread and butter moves hardly do any damage
    You cant really do anything to U1, its hardly great
    You could reduce U2 damage but it doesnt do that much to start with

You could increase frames for her projectiles but theyre hardly sonic boom like either !

the ex legs are same input as sf3, dont do much damage
    her useful combos dont come easy
    -cr[lp lp lp] st[lp Hp], not easy
    -hasanshu to lk, ex legs, not easy

all of her other easy combos are bit useless
    like everything that connects after jumping HP HP
    when does one get many chances to jump in on sf4 !

shes average, but shes good if the player is good, just like every other character [except sakura lol , jk ;) ]

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Placebo wrote:
    shes average, but shes good if the player is good, just like every other character [except sakura lol , jk ]

Average???? You can't be serious. She is indisputably top 5, and a strong case could be made for top 3. That not average.

I'd removed df+lk trade to ultra 2.

Stun rating drop from 1050 to 950-900

Nerf her back dash range and maybe increase its recovery time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You're quite clearly mad Azza.

Dropping the stun on cr.HK is a massive nerf and in response I demand that d/f LK be buffed again (It's a little slow to start up)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    kens lp Has less recovery frames?

OH MY DAYS, FLOW CHART heaven

No i think he has more recovery frames, so the tactic of "whiffing" dps and following up with another should be out.

Azza wrote: »
    Average???? You can't be serious. She is indisputably top 5, and a strong case could be made for top 3. That not average.

I'd removed df+lk trade to ultra 2.

Stun rating drop from 1050 to 950-900

Nerf her back dash range and maybe increase its recovery time.

Shes top 5 for people that know how to play here properly. People like NEMO.
    Otherwise shes nothing. df+lk has strict timing as an anti air, you should try it in training.

Cant nerf her backdash, lol that like remove bisons phsyco crusher.

Placebo wrote:
    Shes top 5 for people that know how to play here properly. People like NEMO.
    Otherwise shes nothing. df+lk has strict timing as an anti air, you should try it in training.

Cant nerf her backdash, lol that like remove bisons phsyco crusher.

That statement is just sillu. If you can't play the character proper it doesn't mean she is bad. If you don't know how to play the other characters in the top 4 they is nothing.

DF+LK does not have strict timing. I have tried it in training.

Fine remove psycho crusher its crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Lol @ Blanka and Guile :P

Thats good news about Hakan. The option to cancel the oil dive is much needed. He still needs an overhead and possibly a primitive anti air though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Gameplay footage of Yun. Be warned, this is atrocious quality. Apperantly there are staff at all the location tests stopping people from filming - this guy just happened to get away with it on his crappy phone cam.

Also, Guile nerfs. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Some of those changes are like WTF ( ie, Sonic booms no longer building meter. ) but others I can agree with, like the badly needed changes for Hakan.

Horray for the minor buff for Juri. :)

Looks like Yun is going to be broken in this game, unless he gets nerfed between now and the final version.

Bison U2 is now charge based? AND it has longer recovery!? Screw that, it makes his Ultra 1 sound easy now.

Why did Capcom remove Seth's J.FP? His health is pathetically low and he needs all the help he can get, imo.

Cammy isn't so broken now? YES! Take that, Cobelcog! :D
    The distance Blanka flies away after a blocked Beast Roll has been cut in half, making it much easier to punish if blocked.

YES! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

My reaction to the Honda/Gief/Blanka nerfs as a SSF4 player in general - Holy crap WTF are Capcom thinking?
    My reaction to the Honda/Gief/Blanka nerfs as a Sakura player - HAHAHAHAHA!!!

In all seriousness, though, I wonder why they don't keep the top-tier characters the same and buff everyone else to their level. The game would be much more fun, at least, if they did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yreval wrote: »

In all seriousness, though, I wonder why they don't keep the top-tier characters the same and buff everyone else to their level. The game would be much more fun, at least, if they did that.

Except for the Ryu/Akuma air hurricane nerf, I would consider most of those characters mid tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Why are they supposedly nerfing Honda so much?

His Damage output already took a hit in super.
    If it's a small tweak ok, maybe reduce chip on HHS and blocked headbutts, and reduce some of his trades, ok.

The motion change for U2 should makes it infinitely more useful though, and hopefully extend the grab range on it as it's pitiful as is.

I'll wait for the actual release of super arcade though, loads of the playtest rumors from console super were miles off.

Honda nerfs are justified. He hits too hard. The damage nerfs he got in Super where minor, s.hp and neutral jump hp down 20.

Just a general toning down of damage would be good.

anyone concerned over the YUN damage of his super
    40-50% ? i suppose theres few variables involved here

have full meter
    hitconfirming/connecting super
    carrying out all juggles

but will have to wait and see how/easy hard that all is

Orim wrote: »
    Except for the Ryu/Akuma air hurricane nerf, I would consider most of those characters mid tier.

I wasn't talking about any particular changes we've seen in this location test, I'm saying that that's the strategy Capcom should be using in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Some of those balance changes sound mad. Dont get why Bison's U2 is now charge. IMO it kinda beats the point of whipping it out on reaction to hadouken's.

Really happy with the Hakan stuff. Always felt bad for letting him go. Want to see what they mean by doing a kick after oiling up. Curious if its a new move or if I can just cancel into any kick. By the sounds of it though I'd happily trade that to get an overhead.

They got 2 out of the 3 things I wanted though. Which was actual stackable oil and being able to cancel oil rocket. Really excited about his changes. Watch out lads because I'm going from no tier... To possibly low tier! :D

Surprised to actually be quite interested in Yang. He sounds like what i wanted Guy to play as. Looking forward to seeing what sticks!

Reading some more stuff about Hakan.

Apparently he has a punch and kick follow up to oil slide. The punch follow up is the same body splash as before but also gives him MK oil. His kick follow up also give him MK oil but isn't as damaging as his punch follow up. Instead he recovers quicker than the punch follow up.

He can cancel his 360K command grab to his coward crouch.

LK Oil is much faster and safer.

360P seems to have more range when oiled.

Stand short combo's into oil slide when oiled.

Normals unchanged.

Some people have suggested that the oil effect on Hakan is much brighter than in regular SSF IV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Where you getting this stuff? I'm hunting the web and getting nun of that hakan stuff?

Balls anyway if its a coward crouch cancel. i was hoping it'd be like abel's U2 and I could tap punch to cancel. On iplaywinner they say you cancel it by just crouching. Would prefer that if I had my way.

Last thing, am I reading what your saying right that even if you follow up the oild slide with his punch attack, he MK oil shower automatically or that the knockdown gives you enuf time to oil up?

P.S I just mean I cant find any info on 360 range and that oil thing I'm asking about

Some more changes on Eventhubs. Changes of interest:

Bison's U2 is back-forward-back-forward punch. I assumed it'd be a triangle input.

Other users are saying they cant see any difference in Guile's damage output, so he may not have been nerfed aside from the booms not building meter.

Gouken's counter is now done only using punches. Lp is a low counter, mk and hp are high counters. EX is the same.

Rose is no longer completely invincible on U2's startup. I'm wondering does this mean she doesn't have instant recovery anymore. This makes me a sad panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Honda's damage nerf was not justified in my opinion. He works so hard to get in anyway and its not like he can stay in easily, his mixups are weak and his BnB pushes them midscreen. That high damage was what made him good. Im hoping for a small damage nerf but if its recognisable from just playing it must be big enough.

Also with every contender for top tier getting nerfed except for Chun, this would easily push her to top, and I agree with Azza, remove df.lk AA - U2.

Cammy losing her instant dive kick, Gief losing his EX Green Hand knockdown = WTF?

its just a juggle.
    dont fall for it :P

GorySnake wrote: »
    Cammy losing her instant dive kick, Gief losing his EX Green Hand knockdown = WTF?
    Oh yar, I forgot to mention how insane this was. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Definitely no to nerfing chuns df lk to U2 but fair enough if they did something about df lk(trade) to ultra. That'd be kind of like what happened with ryu's dp trade to ultra.

They should make rufus's dive kicks unable to cross up, right Terry??. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Placebo wrote: »
    its just a juggle.
    dont fall for it :P

So are alot of ultra setups, which, unlike df.lk, require meter as well. Its worse than lp dp into U1 with Ryu since that dp is a terrible AA if done too late, I think you have more time with Chun's df.lk

Im not saying its OMG BROKEN, but the other top tiers got nerfs, why not Chun?

its not even used that much tbh, it needs to be done early, you cant do it late. its like saying dont allow her jump HP HP into u2 [when other opponent is in the air]
    actually i dont care if they nerf it, i never used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I use df lk ultra quite a bit. It's def one of the best things she got from the upgrade to super from vanilla. It's harder to time than ryu's lp dp to ultra 1 so it'd be very bad to remove it.

• Advertisement

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www20.atwiki.jp/ssf4/pages/1396.html%23id_4c464123&act=url

Google-translated change list for the loketest. In particular, Dudley's rose was a rigid short, which is nice to know.

Advertisement