Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Vega
    • ウルコン2のコマンドが溜めに。
      The two commands Urukon reservoir
    Is that a haiku?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

It's been posted on SRK that Azrael retracted his comment about the sonic boom. It does build meter.
    A random commenter on EventHubs posted that, but I have yet to find the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yreval wrote: »
    http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www20.atwiki.jp/ssf4/pages/1396.html%23id_4c464123&act=url

Google-translated change list for the loketest. In particular, Dudley's rose was a rigid short, which is nice to know.
    Australian ogre
    • Short distance before climbing became a tornado J.

Thats good to know. I feared that Australian Ogre would end up bottom tier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I thought the internet was supposed to slowly eradicate Engrish.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

More change notes slowly trickling out.

Akuma: DP FADC Ultra 2 works. I suspect ultra 2 will get a damage nerf if that's the case.
    Slower walk speed has been reported.

Chun Li: Apparently the hitbox on df+lk was nerfed. C.HK does less stun. Wonder how they could tell these?

Guile: People suggesting that sonic boom does build charge. Some think its simply a whiffed sonic boom doesn't build charge, but if its blocked, focused absorbed or hits it will build charge. Would really compromise guile in a fireball fight, but make him abit more bearable for non fireball characters.

M.Bison: Ultra 2 is now B, F, B, F +3P. Will be useless if start uptime isn't adjusted. Some suggestions that the invincible frames on his ultra one have been changed.

Rose has apparently got a faster focus attack. The change to her ultra 2 is suppose to be no invincibility but that seems odd as her ultra 2 currently has no invincible frames. It has no recovery frames so its a safe move currently. Maybe they gave it recovery frames. Quite possible that the player who reported this change does not understand how her ultra works and it is in fact unchanged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Not sure how they can tell a lot of these things. Specially most hitbox speculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Looks like Yun is going to be broken in this game, unless he gets nerfed between now and the final version.

What are you basing this on? The super meter setup?
    Placebo wrote: »
    anyone concerned over the YUN damage of his super
    40-50% ?

Makoto has a similar big damage setup from her super (into ultra) but that hasn't been a huge issue. Don't see it that often.
    BanjoB wrote: »
    They should make rufus's dive kicks unable to cross up, right Terry??. :p

The game would be dead to me! Very little news on the rufus front apart from a possible nerf to ultra 2 damage mentioned on the translated page.

The change that excites me most is
    T. Hawk has a stand alone EX Condor Dive (3x Kick), which can be done while jumping backwards. You no longer have to perform this as part of his EX Rising Hawk.

This is great for hawk!

Azza wrote: »
    Rose has apparently got a faster focus attack. The change to her ultra 2 is suppose to be no invincibility but that seems odd as her ultra 2 currently has no invincible frames. It has no recovery frames so its a safe move currently. Maybe they gave it recovery frames. Quite possible that the player who reported this change does not understand how her ultra works and it is in fact unchanged.

I was wondering about the phrasing of her losing invincibility too and also assumed it was given some recovery frames. I'm really hoping that it has been left alone, but judging from the other changes being reported I wouldn't be shocked if was given some recovery.
    T'would be a darn shame though, it'll change how that move can be used pretty drastically.
    M.Bison: Ultra 2 is now B, F, B, F +3P. Will be useless if start uptime isn't adjusted. Some suggestions that the invincible frames on his ultra one have been changed.
    When I first heard about the change in input there I was pretty happy as I always hated that he had such a quick response move, but the more I've seen the change pop up in discussion I'm getting more and more against it. As you say, it'll be pretty useless without a much faster start up.

animaX wrote: »

Makoto has a similar big damage setup from her super (into ultra) but that hasn't been a huge issue. Don't see it that often.

You quoted me out of context, i answered my own question later in the post.
    Also turns out yuns dive kick is not like rufus'

check event hubs for updates

Also turns out yuns dive kick is not like rufus'
    Yar, it sounds pretty interesting. Different angles depending on kick strength, but it cant be launched as close to the ground.
    As much as I think they're boring character choices, Yun and Yang are actually sounding pretty cool to use.

• Advertisement

kick thing is same as 3S, its the way rufus' should have been, his is more spammy, which is why terry uses it alot, to get cheap wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

kick thing is same as 3S, its the way rufus' should have been, his is more spammy, which is why terry uses it alot, to get cheap wins.

salt-word-m.jpg?300:300

Sairus wrote:
    I was wondering about the phrasing of her losing invincibility too and also assumed it was given some recovery frames. I'm really hoping that it has been left alone, but judging from the other changes being reported I wouldn't be shocked if was given some recovery.
    T'would be a darn shame though, it'll change how that move can be used pretty drastically.

Well the move isn't great offensively. Rose can pop ultra 2 throw out a fireball and chase after there opponent and try to land a slide or a cross up. Its kinda unreliable though as you never know if the orbs will cross up with your jump or not. I suppose with a lot of practise you would have a better idea if it will or not and its a relatively safe jump in attempt so risk reward is good.

If they add recovery frames the ultra will end up trading to meaties. Which I suppose is still useful in a way.

Seth on seeing his balance changes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Something that crap shouldn't have been so hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Akuma: DP FADC Ultra 2 works. I suspect ultra 2 will get a damage nerf if that's the case.
    Slower walk speed has been reported.

:D, I am now happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Capcom making Genei Jin QCB x 2, wtf

Yun seems cool tho

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Great to hear Makoto may be getting a useful armour breaker, she seriously needed one. I would have prefered the axe kick to be it, but ex hayate it a great one too.

3s style axe kicks could drag her up several places if not tiers. Fully realised that means a floating hit box which travels almost fullscreen. And if you could still U1 afterwards as per now... Holy crap!

If they add recovery frames the ultra will end up trading to meaties. Which I suppose is still useful in a way.
    Ar, if it trades it'll still be useful and still far more viable than U1. However a large portion of its get-the-****-away-from-me-while-I-have-ultra power will be gone.
    I guess it's sort of fair as it is basically a perfect defensive move as it stands currently... but gosh darn it I just loves it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

U2 on wakeup for Rose would be a big waste now. Currently, on an unsafe jump in, its a free 300+ damage AA basically. If it was to trade to meaties it would be a 100 damage trade (maybe more if U2 is charged with Reflects) and a knockdown for Rose.

• Advertisement

Rose's orbs do between 81-120 damage each depending on full your ultra meter is. Only the second orb can be over charged with reflects so if you trade with a meaty you get no benefit from the overcharge.

So your talking about an even trade more or less. She won't get a knock down off grounded meaties though. Might be possible to combo off an air trade though.

Still its a considerable nerf. Without ultra 2 her wake up is terrible. She has no answers for cross ups at all, and no answer for light meaties outside of Super. Her only safe wake up option is focus cancelled EX.Drill.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Makoto stuffs for myself and Cheuytoo
    She slightly faster walk speed.
    If it's noticable it should make spacing and footsies a little easier, could tick into throw more easily, which would increase her mix up ability.
    Fukiage (Upwards Punch) takes off more life. The hitbox for this may have been improved though, but it's not conclusive so far.
    Great news, this move is already indispensable in some matches (laughs at badly timed cross-up mix up attempts) but this should make it better at what it already does okay. Good news. Ideally I would like to see the EX version get some (more?- if current, it's unnoticeable) invun. frames to make it remotely viable to waste a bar on.
    EX Overhead Chop (Oroshi) has more invincible frames.
    Should increase it's viability as a wake up move, which is great news. Looks like they're doing all the right things to help the bottom rung characters out if Makoto and Hakan are anything to go by!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I just hope Guile gets nerfed just enough to drop him to about upper mid and no more.

Should shake off the usual top tier bandwagon without taking away his viability.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I just hope Guile gets nerfed just enough to drop him to about upper mid and no more.

Should shake off the usual top tier bandwagon without taking away his viability.

BAH! Back in my day, Guile were bottom tier, and we were happy to walk 150 miles through acid rain and snow storms after getting up at the crack of dawn to play with him using arcade sticks from the 80's with pieces of shattered glass embedded into them!

AND WE WERE HAPPY!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Always entertaining to see nerf/buff info being drip-fed to the community through not entirely reliable sources.

Only info I've seen for Deejay is "He has an overhead now!" "That's bullcrap, he doesn't!" :rolleyes:

The Seth nerfs don't make a lot of sense to me, unless it's part of a massive change across the ecosystem of the game (Super's overall damage and dp nerfs) since I don't think a Seth player has ever shaken anything up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Always entertaining to see nerf/buff info being drip-fed to the community through not entirely reliable sources.

Yeah, I mean, remember when SSFIV was coming out?

There were loads of rumours going round some of which had a basis in reality of testing (DeeJay's ex sobat crumpling, there's videos of it out there).

So a) I'll just deal with whatever comes my way anyways, not like being bottom tier ever put me off before b) There's always DeeJay if they do nerf Guile too hard :D and c) I won't get worried about anything til a final build is in our hands.

Or not, these changes might take a while to hit Europe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

The Seth nerfs don't make a lot of sense to me

[Rant] Maybe they're going for the ASW approach of nerfing the hell out of mid tier. [/Rant]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

EX Sobat crumpling would have been delicious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

The Seth nerfs don't make a lot of sense to me, unless it's part of a massive change across the ecosystem of the game (Super's overall damage and dp nerfs) since I don't think a Seth player has ever shaken anything up.

I think Capcom see Seth as being better and people are relying too much on those moves. They want him to play differently so they're mixing him up.

Most of the changes now probably won't stick. They're just seeing how people react to them now.

• Advertisement

BAH! Back in my day, Guile were bottom tier, and we were happy to walk 150 miles through acid rain and snow storms after getting up at the crack of dawn to play with him using arcade sticks from the 80's with pieces of shattered glass embedded into them!

AND WE WERE HAPPY!

over reactionz, by that statement you must be this age :D
    funny-old-gamer.jpg

Advertisement