Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

animaX wrote: »
    How do you get away with that sig when mine was deemed too big and i had to reduce it? Did someone actually report me to admins?!!

A lot of people don't like dive kicks Terry, just sayin........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

im happy we are all educated some what

some one should call themselves

JK MASTER SLAVE FLIP FLOP

also terry your SIGNATURE was much bigger than mine/daves, also mine is way better and cooler and also links to a cool blog, so,....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yeah get with it.
    The inner workings of binary gates are way more important to life then your sums ,Terry"Good Will Hunting"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

How do you get away with that sig when mine was deemed too big and i had to reduce it? Did someone actually report me to admins?!!

I'm thinking I should do a boards 101 for you lot. :)

<mod>Yes, someone probably reported you. No, I can't tell who it was. Reporting is private, even to mods, who often get reported just like users (I once was).

Possibly an admin just noticed your sig as you were posting. It wasn't anyone here necessarily.

Sig rules can be seen here.

</mod>

He also added that Capcom may be planning arcade edition content for the home consoles, if there are enough requests.
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/sep/22/ssf4-arcade-tournament-works-community-news/#comments

WHAT THE **** IS THAT ****
    SERIOUSLY.
    so much hype dating back several months, for 2 characters only available for arcade, which half the countries dont even have. London only has a few too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Awesome I managed to spark a whole slew of post about logic gates. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mmm I wonder who reported you.

here's his name in gate format

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbvr8o5r54eJ1YSL0Sz17_LC-sR4gO22y-FvIhghPXbr52yDI&t=1&usg=__aHYjO7ldMB2dHL0ZSCg_ryyXFZQ=

D4rk Onion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

If this isn't going to be released as DLC or whatever, it would cause a massive sh!t storm in the American and European FG communities. Goodness knows Capcom are probably on thin ice as it is over the whole DmC fiasco.

But I wouldn't mind Ono, he just teasing us, of course the demand is going to be there!

On a sidenote, my sig got reported once as well for being too big. I didn't get too fussed over it.

There's no way they're not going to release those two for download. The works already done so it's free money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

There's no way they're not going to release those two for download. The works already done so it's free money.

I'd figure they'd be included in the a future update unlocked and free, if SSFIV Turbo isn't going to happen.

And capcom can make money off the clothes which are aesthetics and not game changing.

If Yun and Yang are paid dlc, it will make tournaments a right pain.

Also the new (so far test) changes to characters, represents quite a drastic overhaul of some. It's hard to know if this will all be dlc or is leading to a console sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Looking at That Kayane thing I discovered that the french call sign ups "inscriptions".

I propose we change to this more awesome word.

from a business/marketing perspective, giving them away for free would be silly.
    Perhaps the copies of games still being published can come with free code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Nice one Terry the signature police have just got rid of my signature now.
    Thanks for drawing attention to it.
    You've made the list

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

You've made the list
    Heh, I bet Terry's glad that the reporting process is anonymous now! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

You've made the list

Yes, Doom. :) To be fair I think it's automatic no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

If this isn't going to be released as DLC or whatever, it would cause a massive sh!t storm in the American and European FG communities.

I wouldn't be surprised if Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition gets released as another disc release instead of DLC. I've just about lost interest in SF4. Someone wake me in 20 years when Street Fighter 5 is finally announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition gets released as another disc release instead of DLC. I've just about lost interest in SF4. Someone wake me in 20 years when Street Fighter 5 is finally announced.
    Upcoming Fighting games:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 -- mid-2011

Street Fighter X Tekken -- late-2011/early 2012

Tekken X Street Fighter -- after SFxT

So at a guess, we can expect Tekken 7 & SFV in 2013 or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Haha dave, sig2big for you now i'm afraid! :p

@farz: your sig is just an ego trip!

• Advertisement

I'd figure they'd be included in the a future update unlocked and free, if SSFIV Turbo isn't going to happen.

And capcom can make money off the clothes which are aesthetics and not game changing.

If Yun and Yang are paid dlc, it will make tournaments a right pain.

Also the new (so far test) changes to characters, represents quite a drastic overhaul of some. It's hard to know if this will all be dlc or is leading to a console sequel.

Do you really think Capcom will give away characters for free?

If/when they are released (and I can't see why not) I hope they make a disc version for tournament purposes, indeed.

Disc version would cost them too much,
    Think about the packaging, publishing, copyrights etc etc and all for what, 2 characters? Would be an odd business model

terry : an ego trip that gets 1k unique hits a day buddy !

Placebo wrote: »
    Disc version would cost them too much,
    Think about the packaging, publishing, copyrights etc etc and all for what, 2 characters? Would be an odd business model

terry : an ego trip that gets 1k unique hits a day buddy !

You say that, but you often see GOTY versions of Oblivion etc, or for example the quest for booty disc which to the best of my knowledge was only released in broadband poor countries (sadly, Ireland being one).

You say that, but you often see GOTY versions of Oblivion etc, or for example the quest for booty disc which to the best of my knowledge was only released in broadband poor countries (sadly, Ireland being one).

True, but thats targeted at a FPS hungry market, ages starting as young as 13 are in love with FPS, FOOTBALL and RACING games. Those games sell no matter what.

Placebo wrote: »
    True, but thats targeted at a FPS hungry market, ages starting as young as 13 are in love with FPS, FOOTBALL and RACING games. Those games sell no matter what.

I don't really see Oblivion selling to a 13 year old..?

I get your point though, they're all currently big franchises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Upcoming Fighting games:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 -- mid-2011

Street Fighter X Tekken -- late-2011/early 2012

Tekken X Street Fighter -- after SFxT

So at a guess, we can expect Tekken 7 & SFV in 2013 or later.

I knew about that list. I wasn't being completely serious btw. I was mostly joking about Ono claiming SF5 would be released in 2012 which is most likely not going to happen because of the list of games you printed and the fact that they keep coming out with the SF4 upgrades [I highly doubt Arcade edition will be the last]

93def600977c4edbbdd5e70.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

EventHubs users compiled a list of how often they encountered characters in Super's ranked mode out of 4000 matches.
    Rufus at absoloute bottom is pretty interesting.
    26_charuse01.jpg

• Advertisement

Obviously it would be a different case in EUROPE where RUFUS would be number 1, all his stats accumulated thanks to terrys rank hunger and non stop dive kick spamining

Advertisement