Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Wow. His old stuff was nerfed but jesus not that much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That list looks for the most part far more like "difficulty of playing the character online" than any indication of how good they actually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Now this is interesting. I find it odd myself that I hardly ever encounter Rufus online, I see Dan & Hakan more often for crying out loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

It's no surprise really since rufus has a hard time with shotos, bison and guile, so most players would probably get discouraged very quickly from playing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Its not easy to make rufus work. I gave him up and stuck to ez mode chars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Bush80 wrote: »
    I gave him up and stuck to ez mode chars

blanka-electric.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

animaX wrote: »
    blanka-electric.gif

Exactly. Stick on turbo and win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnA7mzN3V-c&feature=player_embedded

Seems like one of the new features is businesswomen playing SF. Somehow I don't think they'll be able to pull that one off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rob2D wrote: »
    Seems like one of the new features is businesswomen playing SF. Somehow I don't think they'll be able to pull that one off.
    They're trying to grab the C.Viper demographic.

From what I gather that mode is basically just wireless Arcade Request. While playing arcade you'll automatically challenge anyone playing arcade who's within a close enough distance of your 3DS.

The trophy feature thing is a little odd.
    While playing the other modes in the game you unlock trophies representing the different fighters. You select a batch of trophies to make up your team, then leave your game in idle mode. Once you come close enough to someone else with their game in idle your team will do battle with their team (this is automatic, you have no input). The winners earn new trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

My question is where are all these hondas? iv fought like 4 ever and thats since he was declared top tier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

mackg wrote: »
    My question is where are all these hondas? iv fought like 4 ever and thats since he was declared top tier.

D4RK ON1ON and A-TRAK here main Honda.

ChopperByrne, myself and a couple of others keep him in the pocket as a second.

I dunno how top tier he can seeing as projectile characters tend to destroy him.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

D4RK ONION and A-TRAK here main Honda.

ChopperByrne, myself and a couple of others keep him in the pocket as a second.

I dunno how top tier he can seeing as projectile characters tend to destroy him.

The only reason he's top is because all the new character match-ups are good for him. But no one plays those, he's still at the top of 2nd tier like Vanilla imo. And if you want a few rounds mackg it's "D4RK ONION" on XBL. 4 is the only number. :)

The only reason he's top is because all the new character match-ups are good for him. But no one plays those, he's still at the top of 2nd tier like Vanilla imo. And if you want a few rounds mackg it's "D4RK ONION" on XBL. 4 is the only number. :)

Well, I'm certainly never using an I in your name again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Sairus wrote: »

omg thats awesome or is it.
    ?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Placebo wrote: »
    omg thats awesome or is it.
    ?

Ono? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Looks like he's wailing on Sean. I know he's not, it just looks like it.

Funky but gimmicky. I like to know how far away the screen edge is. And the opponent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

im sure there is probably a thread for this somewhere but ah well
    just a quick question, why does the game slow down in, i think all variations of, street fighter 2 when a fireball hits?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It was something to do with processor cycles I guess.

But also, it increases the visual impact of a hit -- something Mortal Kombat never understood.

And don't forget that you can use those frames of slowdown to start charging your moves (e.g. Sonic Boom), so it turned into a meta-tactic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Dates for new costumes:

• The official Super Street Fighter 4 blog just posted some information on the release dates for the new costume packs. It is unknown if this schedule is for all regions, but chances are good that it is. The fact that Yun and Yang are missing from this schedule is either a care omission by Capcom or a bad sign for us. Check below the break for some new screenshots of the outfits in game.

10/26/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Hakan, Makoto, Guy, Dudley, DeeJay

11/02/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Dan
      11/16/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Chun-Li, C. Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy
      12/21/10 $4/320Microsoft Points - Juri, Ibuki, Cody, Adon, T.Hawk
      01/18/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Zangief, E.Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte
      02/15/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Vega, Sagat, Balrog, Bison, Seth
      03/15/11 $4/320Microsoft Points - Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Fei Long, Gen
      04/26/11 $18/1,440Microsoft Points - All Characters

Jesus they are really spacing them out,makes no sense.Poor ould Doom,you have to wait until March for the Guile alt.

• Advertisement

Jaysus. That's pretty nuts.

Spacing them out,makes no sense.Poor ould Doom,you have to wait until March for the Guile alt.

They make more money that way.
    All of you here are so naive, you're all gonna be eating out of cans in the future.
    I will be eating out of a can too but with a gold spoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Delaying the later packs is hardly going to make more money - they just hate us.

They're not gonna release them on the same day, its too keep consumers eager and so that they dont feel like spending so much at the same time, it would be like releasing street fighter 5 and Marvel vs capcom 3 on the same date, eh HELLO?
    also in the end the together package is like when a game goes platinum, OMG WOW il save $$$

if you saw all of them on the same date, added the total cost, then see the full package price, you wouldnt buy them
    where as now you MIGHT just buy your fav and then buy them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'll only be waiting until Christmas to get my hands on that Juri alt. The spacing for the packs after that is crazy, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

You should have gone on "The Apprentice" Farz.

Your business acumen and keen profit driven mind would do well.
    You'd have to wear a suit though.

super-nerd-interviewee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Placebo wrote: »
    if you saw all of them on the same date, added the total cost, then see the full package price, you wouldnt buy them

I wouldn't buy them anyway cause I'm smart like that.

Poor ould Doom,you have to wait until March for the Guile alt.
    [/LIST]

Don't worry about me, I haven't even bothered with the last one yet. :D

A-Trak wrote: »
    You should have gone on "The Apprentice" Farz.

Your business acumen and keen profit driven mind would do well.
    You'd have to wear a suit though.

super-nerd-interviewee.jpg

thanks Paul.
    Giz a call when your finished your 'internship' and il get you a REAL job, making me tea or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Well, I waited for the full Alt 2 pack. I can wait... eight months... for the full Alt 3 pack. Maybe the recession'll be over by then.

Advertisement