Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I've encountered a weird problem lately. The last three or four times I've gone into xbox live battle, I get the saving box on screen for a few seconds and then I'll be down a big chunk of PP. Its like every time I go on to play it thinks I've quit my last game or something. Its annoying to say the least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rob2D wrote: »
    I've encountered a weird problem lately. The last three or four times I've gone into xbox live battle, I get the saving box on screen for a few seconds and then I'll be down a big chunk of PP. Its like every time I go on to play it thinks I've quit my last game or something. Its annoying to say the least.

Hi Rob, that's a weird one alright. Something similar happens to be but only after I lose plenty of games!

I see you are from Ennis. I played you a few nights ago on Live...you really should attend the Limerick league some Saturday...you are certainly good enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Huh.
    Could be more publicity, but eh.
    Yoshinori Ono Tweeted that the Arcade Edition DLC package he pitched to Capcom USA's offices wasn't approved, but went on to add that he has a new project in the works.

A few other notes were made about the DLC package as well.

So what happened with the Arcade Edition DLC characters proposal Ono-san?

Ono: I couldn't got approval from [upper level staff], but I'll continue [the] proposal!!

Good luck on getting your bosses to approve DLC.

Ono: Thanks. So, I got approval from my boss, Keiji Inafune, but I can't [get] it from [upper level staff]. ;(

My hype died! I give up on wishing for Arcade Edition DLC for SSF4 since you didn't got approval! =(

Ono: I'm not giving up yet. ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

They know how to spin a yarn at least... :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sairus wrote: »

Don't believe it for a second.

New characters and rebalancing cost money. Capcom will try and maximise their returns on this cost.

Releasing them as DLC will be virtually raw profit as I assume the SSF4 arcade release will at least break even or else they wouldn't be doing it, so the new char pack'd be alot of cash for a company which has recently publicly stated it wants more money out of it's big franchises.

It's not like translating these changes to psbox360 would be free, but I am sure the costs would be minimal compared to the returns.

Not to mention the disaster for the international scene that would be bifurcating the game that different countries play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Don't believe it for a second.

New characters and rebalancing cost money. Capcom will try and maximise their returns on this cost.

Releasing them as DLC will be virtually raw profit as I assume the SSF4 arcade release will at least break even or else they wouldn't be doing it, so the new char pack'd be alot of cash for a company which has recently publicly stated it wants more money out of it's big franchises.

It's not like translating these changes to psbox360 would be free, but I am sure the costs would be minimal compared to the returns.

Not to mention the disaster for the international scene that would be bifurcating the game that different countries play.

finally, someone with a nice business mind set.
    brian and farz co, multimillionaires

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Pffffft, nobody believes this pantomime, if Capcom know anything it's money money money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sairus wrote: »
    Huh.
    Could be more publicity, but eh.

Does Ono really think we're stupid or naieve enough to fall for that? Ofcourse we all know a home port of SSF4:AE is inevitable. The million dollar question is will it be a DLC or will they try and shell out for another disc.

Personally I'm not all that interested in AE. If there were more characters instead of just Yung and Yang I might be interested.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi Rob, that's a weird one alright. Something similar happens to be but only after I lose plenty of games!

I see you are from Ennis. I played you a few nights ago on Live...you really should attend the Limerick league some Saturday...you are certainly good enough!

I do tell him this every week, but he refuses to leave his room. C'mon Rob! I'll go easy on you and everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Capcom ruined SFII(and indeed, their good name) with all the iterations they released s standalone titles.....surely they couldn't be stupid enough to make the same mistakes again.

DLC is fine and I'd even buy a new disc version, but I know that about 80% wouldn't....

• Advertisement

IMO they'll probably release the balances for free and the 2 characters for about 400MSP each. Just my guess.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Wish Valve where making this. All DLC is free, you just have to put up with Valve time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I for one believe everything Ono says. He is the peoples champ.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    IMO they'll probably release the balances for free and the 2 characters for about 400MSP each. Just my guess.

I'd suspect something similar myself.

Ken B wrote: »

DLC is fine and I'd even buy a new disc version, but I know that about 80% wouldn't....

I would too because it'd make tournaments alot easier, but I could see the vast majority of people getting pissed off at ANOTHER disc, this one with only 2 new characters.

Azza wrote: »
    Wish Valve where making this. All DLC is free, you just have to put up with Valve time.

Valve founded in founded in 1996
    Capcom Originally established in 1983

also our characters would look like terry with glasses
    196f381bc9cca7c51dd2458e19bbcf90-Half_Life_2_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I don't think I could stomach another disk version. Starting over with the achievements, the alternate colours and taunts, the online ranking.... okay, mine sucks, I could use the start-over, but everything else, please, not again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Dunjohn wrote: »
    I don't think I could stomach another disk version. Starting over with the achievements, the alternate colours and taunts, the online ranking.... okay, mine sucks, I could use the start-over, but everything else, please, not again!

As much I would like to hope Capcom won't try and sponge another 40 euro disc off us I won't put it past them to try.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi Rob, that's a weird one alright. Something similar happens to me but only after I lose plenty of games!

The problem has not persisted thank god. I do remember the gamertag alright but the match eludes me. I fight pretty late so I forget most matches!
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I do tell him this every week, but he refuses to leave his room. C'mon Rob! I'll go easy on you and everything :D

Saturday is a pretty busy day for me. If I'm not working I'm usually up to something else. Besides, xbox live in my room does me the finest Paul;) That way if I rage nobody runs the risk of getting my controller thrown in their face.

As regards AE, I wouldn't be prepared to fork out for another disc but if the DLC is reasonably priced I'd go for it. I'd be inclined to agree with Mr. ONION's theory on the matter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The problem has not persisted thank god. I do remember the gamertag alright but the match eludes me. I fight pretty late so I forget most matches!

I'm playing as DeeJay for the last fortnight online, but when I see an Irish player I have never played before, I revert back to Ryu.

I'll add you as a friend later this evening.

• Advertisement

Besides, xbox live in my room does me the finest Paul;)

Most people think that before they go to a tournament all right. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    As much I would like to hope Capcom won't try and sponge another 40 euro disc off us I won't put it past them to try.

Id have no problem if they did to be honest. It would make tournaments easier for one

whats the last street fighter game ANYONE HERE even bought?
    new. sf4?

WORD, thats how i shuts thems up.
    in seriousness i would buy it if they release more characters. IF and only if there are going to be more characters

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Make it "Super Street Fighter IV Platinum".

Greatest Hits with DLC included on disc.

Sorted.

Placebo wrote: »
    whats the last street fighter game ANYONE HERE even bought?
    new. sf4?

Neither! ONION gave me SF4 and I got Super second hand:D

And speaking of SF4 I just went back to it there because I never played it online and I wanted to listen to the awesome menu music again. Anyway, I ended up making 200G for about 30mins work:p

I think its a much nicer setup altogether. The interface in super is just ugly in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I could see Capcom releasing the characters for free with balancing and just charging for costumes.

Capcom are nothing if not inconsistent when it comes to dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Time for some more good ol' tier lists!

octtierlist.png

Since Rose is so much better than everyone else, she gets on the list twice.

Easier to read version over at EventHubs

There must be some super powered version of honda with projectiles that doesn't get absolutely killed to death by Guile.

There's no way Honda Guile is 4-6 if Bison Guile is 3-7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

You probably need to add Rose's stats together, because they couldn't compute above 200. That would make her Tier 9/11 times 2356 and mean she beats T. Hawk fourteen times out of ten.

Two characters lower than Dan!? This will NOT STAND!

• Advertisement

Awesome, I now play the very top tier, and the very bottom tier. Both of those are wrong of course, but whatever :P

Advertisement