Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That announcer sounds more appropriate for MK, no? :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Interesting that Goukens doing an SRK on the barrel level...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That new announcer sounds a lot worse then the current one.

HMUYA wrote: »
    That new announcer sounds a lot worse then the current one.

Everyone said that about the current one when he was new. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Deejay is going to be a beast, cant wait to try him out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the new commentator might be able to tell us just what the old axiom the current commentator was talking about.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think the new commentator might be able to tell us just what the old axiom the current commentator was talking about.

Eh, "The Weak lose and the Strong win" I believe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Eh, "The Weak lose and the Strong win" I believe.

Axiom? More like statement of the obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Wish they'd show us some meaty gameplay footage and not just Ultras.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Axiom? More like statement of the obvious.

Hey don't shoot the messenger!

• Advertisement

I wonder will they make some of the original characters ex moves crumple like deejays. Blankas ex upball for example :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Announcer sounds drunk or something. Or like on of those announcers for stock car racing....you know what I'm talking about. "Action action Action! Get ready for mayhem Mayhem mayhem!!!!" :rolleyes:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

bush wrote:
    I wonder will they make some of the original characters ex moves crumple like deejays. Blankas ex upball for example

Yeah Bison's light scissors kick should do the same :)

If Blanka got something like that I don't think it would matter he probably would not be able to recover in time to take advantage of it. They should have Blanka's normal ball knockdown on hit though, make it safe.

All the new stuff looks good. New Announcer doesn't bother me. Game modes are what was badly need and should help build the community.

Nothing new with just showing off moves and ultra's in the trailers. They did the same in SF IV. People playing the game are probably not pro's and haven't figured out how the characters play and besides even if they did the characters move properties will probably change several times before release so even if they could play at a high level it would show us nothing of value.

Hopefully they do add Dudley, I find Balrog incredible dull in SF IV compared to his ST version, we need a non charge boxer character who doesn't have to worry about charge.

I know what you're saying Azza but this is probably the third set of videos I have seen featuring the same characters, same specials, supers, and ultras- need something a little different to keep up the hype, kthnxbai. It's just varying degrees of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Does no one else want the 3S grade system back, nothing like getting a nice shiny B,C,A or SS, it would really give the game more life. Right now the separate grades seem really un reliable. Theyre not styled or displayed right.no emphasis.
    streetfighter3score_4.jpg
    The grading algorithm in sf3 wasnt accurate mind you, but i just think it would really be cherry on top for sf4

Azza wrote: »
    Yeah Bison's light scissors kick should do the same :)

If Blanka got something like that I don't think it would matter he probably would not be able to recover in time to take advantage of it. They should have Blanka's normal ball knockdown on hit though, make it safe.

I doubt they will make blanka ball knock down but they really need to make ex upball knock down. Its going to be exciting checking out the changes made to the current characters when it comes out.

bush wrote: »
    I doubt they will make blanka ball knock down but they really need to make ex upball knock down. Its going to be exciting checking out the changes made to the current characters when it comes out.

decentultradecentultradecentultradecentultradecentultrapleasedecentultradecentultra

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah looking forward to seeing what changes the current cast get.

I think everyone knows what changes they want for there own characters and we almost certainly will be disappointed, particularly if certain match ups that are even now get screwed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Azza wrote: »
    Yeah looking forward to seeing what changes the current cast get.

I think everyone knows what changes they want for there own characters and we almost certainly will be disappointed, particularly if certain match ups that are even now get screwed up.

Yeah. Going in expecting/ demanding certain fixes is only going to lead to toys being thrown out of prams.

I'm really looking forward to the initial few months of hopping between characters and finding the one who works for me. It may shock people but I'm not a Guile purist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Yeah. Going in expecting/ demanding certain fixes is only going to lead to toys being thrown out of prams.

I'm really looking forward to the initial few months of hopping between characters and finding the one who works for me. It may shock people but I'm not a Guile purist.

It doesn't surprise me, you just love his insta-block.

ayjayirl wrote: »
    It doesn't surprise me, you just love his insta-block.

It takes me 2 seconds to throw a sonic boom. It takes you .75 of a second to recover. Suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Stored fireballs too, she just keeps sounding better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

It takes me 2 seconds to throw a sonic boom. It takes you .75 of a second to recover. Suck it up.

so what, you are now moaning about charge characters???????? Chunners has to charge for 2 seconds as well and she doesn't get an insta block.......

I just loath you cause we play too much.

btw, Modern warfare 2 = awesome. You may get a new telly for SF4

i donts even got no anti airs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Placebo wrote: »

EX SBK not count?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »

ex spinning bird kick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Chun's AA's aren't that bad. Neutral MK close jump ins, s.HP for far jumps and s.HK for sniping jump ins/outs. And EX SBK is surprisingly not all that good.

SBK is a joke, a jump in hp/mp from a mere shoto will break that baby. No vacuum properties either.
    Only one thats remotely feasible is standing HK and that doesnt work well online. I think her HK in sf3 had higher range, in sf4 its just covers a wider distance

• Advertisement

ayjayirl wrote: »
    so what, you are now moaning about charge characters???????? Chunners has to charge for 2 seconds as well and she doesn't get an insta block.......

I just loath you cause we play too much.

btw, Modern warfare 2 = awesome. You may get a new telly for SF4

Actually, a slow sonic boom is the quickest with 29 recovery frames.

Just because you're too slow to punish me. :)

Advertisement