Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I agree with the rufus matchups except for Ken (should be 5-5 or maybe even 6-4 rufus) and blanka (should be 6-4 blanka) in my view.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I suppose I should be happy, I'm about to get 8,000,000 online Hondas to kick the crap out of.

I suppose I should be happy, I'm about to get 8,000,000 online Hondas to kick the crap out of.

Exactly how is guile 7-3 against bison?! What does he have that is supposed to be so effective?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Watch the first match of this video.

Can't punish sonic booms with U2 unless you predict/guess.
    Cr Fierce beats everything.
    Airthrow beats everything.
    Standing fierce stuffs everything,
    Can't focus dash through sonic booms because he'll recover too quickly and do whatever he wants ( except at point blank range,even then it's risky)

If Bison can get a knockdown it's a different story but getting a knockdown against a good Guile is difficult.

animaX wrote: »
    Exactly how is guile 7-3 against bison?! What does he have that is supposed to be so effective?

It's very difficult for Bison to get in on Guile.

Bison has his huge floaty jump which Guile has about ten different options to punish.

U2 only works on prediction against boom.

Fullscreen EX psycho can be punished on reaction AFTER a lp boom.

As can a teleport after a lp boom.

As can a headstomp.

The real fun occurs if Guile can get Bison in a corner with no meter, if he starts up with a boom it's difficult for Bison to do anything to get out until he builds up the bar for a scissors or ex psycho. Seriously I have a fight saved at home I'll upload some time, me vs azza and in the second round I think I lock him down in the corner and he just can't get out.

Even when Bison gets in, the experts say it's a 50/50, Bison has a few tricks but if you learn them there's tricks (I've punished cross up psycho crusher with a flash kick a couple of times now, wake up U2 eats flash kick too, early st hp will stop a scissors, etc etc).

The bison's in Ireland are just better than I am :(

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info lads. I've no experience of the matchup but was just surprised that such a solid character had a 3-7 matchup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

cammy changes are awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I hate 720s. Good to hear Balrog's U2 is no vlonger one, though I'll probably still be using Raging Buffalo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Ryu changes suck, bring on next week's Ken, Rufus and Fei

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Adding to Bison:Guile thing.

Bison can't DR to build meter. If Bison DR's on reaction to a sonic boom Guile can dash forward and sandwich Bison between himself and the boom. As Bison tries to land Guile can c.hk and cause the DR to whiff and sweep Bison. He can also us c.hp or focus attack to beat DR clean if Bison is directly over him and trying to hit with it.

If Bison DR's randomly to build meter Guile can score a free ex.boom.

Bison can't even neutral jump booms as Guile can dash under him and c.hp Bison which beats all his neutral air normals.

As mentioned by Doom above above. Guile can lock Bison in the corner with Boom's and pressure. Bison using ex.psycho to escape merely resets the game for Guile (and can be punished on block anyway) and Bison would have to work his way back in.

But the main thing as Blag said is Guile recovers to fast from his Boom and Bison's jump is very floaty (which is the traditionally thing for Bison) which allows Guile to anti air Bison easily with c.hp or air throw. The air route is totally out of bounds for Bison. Focus dashing throw Boom's is also extremely risky against Guile as again his Boom's recovery is so fast he can throw out any number of normals to tag Bison.

Guile just needs to stay out of the corner and he wins quite easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

New costume pack meant to be out today.
    Cant see the actual pack itself and when i try and download the Ultra catalogue (free one that allows you to see other peoples outfits when you fight them) I get an error code.Baaahhh

state of the first batch

• Hakan, Makoto, Guy, Dudley, Dee Jay — Oct. 26, 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

lol at everyone buying costumes their opponents can't see.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Placebo wrote: »
    state of the first batch

• Hakan, Makoto, Guy, Dudley, Dee Jay — Oct. 26, 2010

I think Guy and Dudley have the best alternate costumes out of this entire set, especially Dudley's.

i dont play those neither do i know anyone that does,
    except dave, he plays guy but thats because hes gay

Placebo wrote: »
    i dont play those neither do i know anyone that does,
    except dave, he plays guy but thats because hes gay

Besides Hound and Chopper (Guy) and Newtype and Doyler (Dudley).

Besides Hound and Chopper (Guy) and Newtype and Doyler (Dudley).

whos doyler?
    mike was playing ryu at svb

whos chopper?

You've lost touch with the scene Farz..its over for you old timer.
    Also think Guy deffo has the best new outfit out of them all

• Advertisement

gwan for some games and show of ur new suit

haven't bought it yet.
    Stocked up on Mp points last week.
    Then was cleaning me Te with screen off and xbox on and I managed to buy zombie v plants and some gay romcom with out even knowing nearly 2000 points gone (well the Rom-com was dreamy)
    I'm in a bad mood

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Plants Vs Zombies is mean't to be very good. Not the worst thing in the world to buy.

ye it was a stroke of luck in a way.there's a lot worse I could have randomly bought.
    But that magical Microsoft money was meant to suit up Ken and Guy:(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

and some gay romcom with out even knowing nearly 2000 points gone (well the Rom-com was dreamy)
    I'm in a bad mood
    Green Card was actually on network 2 last friday night....hope you didn't miss it...

F$$$cck sake Ken you and Gerard depardieu

I shudder to think the posters on your wall

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwX7YgPCb4lFjwiLtm5zxDlfKe2bB-hYFl8yH0Sy-ascQ4iSM&t=1&usg=__yd5xiQPhkg1WZOXcx0Qvbu81tSQ=

Ps did Waller tell you his suprise?

F$$$cck sake Ken you and Gerard depardieu

I shudder to think the posters on your wall

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwX7YgPCb4lFjwiLtm5zxDlfKe2bB-hYFl8yH0Sy-ascQ4iSM&t=1&usg=__yd5xiQPhkg1WZOXcx0Qvbu81tSQ=

Ps did Waller tell you his suprise?
    Nope, are you guys on tonight/tomorrow?
    This suprise has piqued my curiosity...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Ken B wrote: »
    This suprise has piqued my curiosity...!!

*Completely OT*

Remember that copy of Bisleys Slaine novel I, ehmm took a lend of, about 7 years ago?
    Well turns out it got burned when the house burned down :(

But I picked up another copy this weekend as a replacement for ye that'll fit in with the new art ye got....

http://yfrog.com/mq6x2cj

(Hound will also appreciate this!)

A-Trak wrote: »
    *Completely OT*

Remember that copy of Bisleys Slaine novel I, ehmm took a lend of, about 7 years ago?

But I picked up another copy this weekend as a replacement for ye....

Wow that's brilliant!

Where did you get that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

A-Trak wrote: »
    *Completely OT*

But I picked up another copy this weekend as a replacement for ye that'll fit in with the new art ye got....

Awesome, Slaine is Epic. Someday i will be like him!wink.gif

Advertisement