Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

And some rumors to add:
    EventHubs wrote: »
    A reputable source, but one who wished to remain anonymous, dropped a line that two more fighters would be added to Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, besides Yang and Yun.

Little more was revealed beyond that, but here's a brief run down.
    • Rolento and Oro were disconfirmed as potential characters.

• The two additional cast members for the Arcade Edition have both appeared in past Street Fighter games.

Also, on the official Japanese SSF4 blog, a new image of the character select screen was uploaded. There isn't much to be excited about here, but if you look closely, you can see Capcom shrunk down the portrait select sizes for each of the cast members to make more room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

First of all, there is no such word as "disconfirmed." Bad internet.

But mainly, I'll be really surprised if there's a whole new line of fighters there, the reaction of the rumour mill to the rearranged select screen strikes me as hopelessly optimistic. Even if there are two more new characters, having Yun and Yang at either end opens up four potential new slots without adding an extra line.

*goes off, while still in grammar nazi mode, to ponder whether "hopelessly optimistic" even makes sense*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

YEAHH URIEN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Put Karin and Juni/Juli in and I'll be happy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Aw, no Oro :( HE'S MADE FOR THIS GAME!!!

/cries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Aw, no Oro :( HE'S MADE FOR THIS GAME!!!

/cries

*hands man tissues*

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

No Rolento or Oro? :mad:

Besides Alex, I cant name any other character I'd like to see without bringing up a giant list of SFEX characters.

Edit: Birdie plz!

*deja vu*

I'd like the two new characters to be Elena and Alex, please. Well, I'd LIKE them to be Elena and Q, but Alex is far more likely, I'm a realist here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

There's already 2x SFIII characters in it -- give up all hope.

Even though I'd vote up Elena.

Abel is an Alex substitute.

• Advertisement

Well, the letter of Sairus' quote doesn't exclude SF1 characters, even if it is still wishful thinking. Go go Geki and Eagle.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    There's already 2x SFIII characters in it -- give up all hope.

Even though I'd vote up Elena.

Abel is an Alex substitute.

SF1 characters yet to make the cut: 6

Alpha characters yet to make the cut: 10 (Quite alot but this includes, Charlie, who its unlikely will ever be in another SF game, Rolento, who has (rumour) been "disconfirmed", and Ingrid)

SF3 characters yet to make the cut: 12

Theres only a handful of popular SFA characters left, and unless Capcom decide to randomly chuck in some SF1 characters, SF3 are the most likely choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Gimme alex, hugo or R.Mika! I'm in desperate need of a new grappler to mess around with. Though if I had to pick one gimme alex. Been playing sf3 the odd time lately and really like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

GorySnake wrote: »
    SF1 characters yet to make the cut: 6

Alpha characters yet to make the cut: 10 (Quite alot but this includes, Charlie, who its unlikely will ever be in another SF game, Rolento, who has (rumour) been "disconfirmed", and Ingrid)

SF3 characters yet to make the cut: 12

Theres only a handful of popular SFA characters left, and unless Capcom decide to randomly chuck in some SF1 characters, SF3 are the most likely choice.
    SFIII cast:
    Urien is too broken for a game without parry -- OUT.
    Oro won't be in because his model would make even less sense (only 1 arm) -- OUT.
    Elena would be awesome, and very suited to the game engine -- YES PLEASE.
    Necro is just Dhalsim x Blanka - OUT
    Q is too cool for this game -- OUT
    Hugo would be ok, I guess, like a faster Zangief -- POSSIBLE?
    Twelve's transformations are more work than Capcom are willing to put in - OUT.
    Sean is Sean-tier - OUT.

SFA cast:
    Birdie... possible but probably not popular - OUT.
    Charlie is MIA - OUT.
    Ingrid is essentially non-canon - OUT.
    Karin would be yet ANOTHER schoolgirl -- ... YES PLEASE.
    R. Mika is unlucky - OUT.
    Rolento would be... overpowered, I guess? OUT.
    Sodom... lol - OUT.

Ahhhh... opinions.

Urien wouldnt have an unblockable, Aegis would be used just like Dhalsim's U1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Why would Rolento be overpowered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

My moneys on Rolento.

Ono has previously said that the development team had invested a a lot of time and effort into a Rolento design that was just pipped by the others in Super and that Ono himself was gutted.

I know he's a trolling bastard, but there's a load of 3S chars there already, fan service has been paid to that game, time for some more alpha additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Info from shoryuken regarding new changes confirmed for more characters inarcade edition
    http://shoryuken.com/content/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-changes-fei-long-vega-ken-rufus-juri-2287/

Ken being able to combo Cr MP like a Cr LPand also having a target combo that works..ohhh yeee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

So Vega is gonna get screwed. I mean gimme a break here, I have a hard enough time as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Rob2D wrote: »
    So Vega is gonna get screwed. I mean gimme a break here, I have a hard enough time as it is.

Relax, they never give the full story away.

Surely cr mp into rolling slashy move is a good buff? Isn't cr mp a good poke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yeah i think his buffs out weight his nerfs.

- Less recovery on EX roll
    - You can now combo cr.MP from EX roll
    -cr.MK start up is now 6 frames (2 frames faster)

Surely all great news.Now cr mk can be used as a poke and the ex roll combo with less recovey is surely a god send.

Consider yourself lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

it says you can combo FROM ex roll to cr. mp, not the other way around, which is pretty much useless since you can't combo into ex roll

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    it says you can combo FROM ex roll to cr. mp, not the other way around, which is pretty much useless since you can't combo into ex roll

Do none of his normals cancel? Or is it just the insane start up of roll?

You can now combo Crouching Medium Punch FROM an EX Rolling Crystal Flash. Crap buff, how often does that move hit as it is? He's got more nerfs than useful buffs, cr.mk still cannot be combo'd into with jabs, is not a good a poke as cr.mp. Edit: What Dreddy said

Also something I noticed, it didn't say anything about invincibility frames for EX Scarlet Terror.

No special cancellable cr.mk or Tenshin buff for Fei :( More frame advantage on many moves :D Less recovery on EX Rekka? Still a useless move.

Cody next week :D

Doom: Insane startup of roll

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Well you could EX Roll through a fireball and then cr.MP>Whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I don't roll so its no good to me. As Gory says, it never hits anyway. Cosmic heel is your go to for chaining stuff, so thats gonna have a greater chance of backfiring on me.

Shame about the Tenshin thing for Fei. It would have been nice to see it get some more range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Do none of his normals cancel? Or is it just the insane start up of roll?

Yeah it's just that roll is really slow to start up, his normals cancel fine.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I suppose Capcom want people to use ex.roll as it was intended, as a fireball punisher.

Problem is that its very slow and even if you did some how hit your opponent you probably where not going get the full amount of hits and only do 90-110 damage or so.

Assuming they nerf c.mp by 10 (its either going be 10 or 5), if you land ex.roll in the AE version you potentially have the ability to combo into a 295-315 point damage move asssuming you have a second bar of meter. If you could somehow land all hits of Ex.Roll you talking about 375 damage but that isn't very practical.

I reckon the start up nerf on Ultra 2 is to stop it working on cross ups on wake up. Somehow seems to always correctly auto correct and catch cross ups.

Also Vega's c.hk is getting its damage nerfed not his c.mk.
    Gorysnake wrote:
    No special cancellable cr.mk or Tenshin buff for Fei More frame advantage on many moves Less recovery on EX Rekka? Still a useless move.

The part I highlighted was a miss translation. They actually said this "Thanks to the extra frame advantage, it is now easier to do various combos" referring to the other buffs he got.

Also in the QA sections of the blog people asked about the previous weeks announced changes.

Translations are rough but some more info on Cammy. Spin Kunckle and Hooligan haven't been touched but all normal versions of Spiral Arrow have been changed. Not exactly sure what changes the LK and MK versions are getting but the HK version is getting the active frames changed on the second hit.

Also mentioned that Guy can Ex.Run Stop through all hits of Akuma's redfireball if he times it right.

Told Balrog players to just live with his new nerfs :P

Also something about Ryu's LP DP trading to ultra 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Seeing that I seem to be the only one who cares, I'm quite happy with the changes that Juri has gotten ( faster walk speed, yay! ) and that they didn't go messing with her normal AAs.

Advertisement