Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Ugh those changes to vega are horrible.

U2 with extra start up will make using it as an anti air will be even more difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

U2 with extra start up will make using it as an anti air will be even more difficult.

Thats true. Good thing I switched to Bloody High Claw.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

happy birthday E honda, may you recieve several gifts from your obsessive fan through out the world. These SF characters are true role models for us players and help us in our real life goals.

CAPCOM FOR EVER

and happy birthday e honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I havent been keeping up with the whole new characters and dlc..

is this getting released on consoles with the new characters? confused.gif other ppls told me other things.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I havent been keeping up with the whole new characters and dlc..

is this getting released on consoles with the new characters? confused.gif other ppls told me other things.

We don't know yet. Ono is trolling away. I'm hoping for a disc release as DLC will be a pain for tournaments.

We don't know yet. Ono is trolling away. I'm hoping for a disc release as DLC will be a pain for tournaments.

unless tournaments are never going to be in XGC
    but i understand the problem, is it possible to use USB some how? i can see that being a security issue so carrying around our harddrives is probably 2nd best

a disc would be easier tbh but 3-4 extra characters does not warrant a new game, probably would result in low sales, only the hardcore gamers would buy it. Printing and publishing costs alot. Also there maybe future DLC's , its all to prolong the game life and making BONUS money, so i really do think that a new publication is out of the question

Placebo wrote: »
    unless tournaments are never going to be in XGC
    but i understand the problem, is it possible to use USB some how? i can see that being a security issue so carrying around our harddrives is probably 2nd best

a disc would be easier tbh but 3-4 extra characters does not warrant a new game, probably would result in low sales, only the hardcore gamers would buy it. Printing and publishing costs alot. Also there maybe future DLC's , its all to prolong the game life and making BONUS money, so i really do this a new publication is out of the question

Apparently you can have your DLC on up to 5 consoles with PS3. This is how the BB lads deal with it.

It really depends on the level of dev that'd need to go into porting AE to the home platforms I think. Ratchet and Clank for example released it's DLC on a standalone disc. You're of course 100% right, it's a simple of choice of how do we get as much money as possible.

You never know, Capcom may release a GOTY style edition with all costumes unlocked and the new characters and rebalances. It'd prob be there best chance to get cash out of people if they do want to release a disc.

thats true, there was also Dead Rising case zero, im not sure if that was a cd.
    ALSO the several re-releases of STREET FIGHTER , ce, 2, etc etc etc

we'll have to wait the trolls and see

Capcom may release a GOTY style edition with all costumes unlocked and the new characters and rebalances.

This is what I would hope for. At a reduced price too. Sort of like the Halo ODST deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

You never know, Capcom may release a GOTY style edition with all costumes unlocked and the new characters and rebalances. It'd prob be there best chance to get cash out of people if they do want to release a disc.

That would suck for idiots like me who keep buying all their dlc's

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Just got back from holiday and from what I can see there are a lot of changes to Vega. What exactly are they?
    Can someone copy and paste thenm and post them up for me?

IK can't seem to get into SRK today, is the site down or something?
    Or is it just me?

Sagat06 wrote: »
    That would suck for idiots like me who keep buying all their dlc's

Not really, you still get them RIGHT NOW while stingy technophobe gits like me need to wait til they're sloppy seconds.

I didn't even buy Guile's Charlie alt until they were selling all the alt costumes cheap, and even then just on PS!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ken B wrote: »
    Just got back from holiday and from what I can see there are a lot of changes to Vega. What exactly are they?
    Can someone copy and paste thenm and post them up for me?

Vega:

Normal Moves
    • Crouching Medium Kick start up is now 6 frames, which is 2 frames faster.
    • Crouching Medium Punch and Crouching Medium Kick do less damage.

Unique Attacks
    • More recovery time for Cosmic Heel (Down-Toward + Hard Kick, Launcher) on block.

Special Moves
    • Less recovery time on EX Rolling Crystal Flash.
    • You can now combo Crouching Medium Punch from an EX Rolling Crystal Flash.

Ultras
    • His Ultra 2 has slightly more startup time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Rob2D wrote: »
    Vega:

Ultras
    • His Ultra 2 has slightly more startup time.

Unlucky Ken,

Good bye anti cross up ultra 2:)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Vega's C.HK has been damaged nerfed not his C.MK.

Also the chance logs listed don't list every change of each character listed. There may be other unannounced changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I was messing around in the Challenge mode with Gen, and he reminds me a lot of when I used to play SF2:CE on the Megadrive with a default controller.

Pressing PPP or KKK just to switch stances mid-combo feels a lot like pressing start to switch between having punches or kicks on A B C. I think the Megadrive felt more natural though :(

It says a lot about the difficulty of a character when one of his EX moves (gekiro) adds no damage or priority, and just makes the timing on the button presses less strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Changes to Chun/Fuerte/Sak/Cody:

http://shoryuken.com/content/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-changes-chun-li-el-fuerte-sakura-cody-2358/

Looks like nothing but buffs for Sakura so far. Sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Taken from eventhubs. Sounds like all the low tier projectile characters are getting alot of love after looking at gouken and sakura!

E. Honda

Special Moves
    • Light Punch Headbutt now has lower body invincibility instead of upper body invincibility, so it will be harder to utilize it as anti air.

Ultras
    • Ultra 1 has projectile invincibility until the last active frame.
    • Ultra 2's command has been changed to two half-circle backs from a 720 motion. It's easier to get it out now. Also, while its range increased, it starts up in 2f so it's possible to dodge it after screen freeze.

Other stuff
    • During backdash, Honda is now considered airborne right after invincibility ends.

Overall
    • He had solid skills that builds high damage, so he had overall damage decrease. His basis of strength has not changed, so he can fight as he does now.

Gouken

Normal Moves
    • All of Gouken's normal moves have been improved.
    • Close Standing Hard Punch and Close Standing Hard Kick have more frame advantage.
    • Close Standing Medium Kick has 3 frame start up start-up, so it'll be easier to compete against some of the other fighters.
    • Neutral Jump Hard Punch and diagonal Jump Hard Kick have pursuit properties, and will slam opponents into the ground.
    • Ranges on his normal moves haven't changed.
    • Back grab has been changed to deal gray damage, so the combo damage from the grab has been decreased. (Translator's note: They're probably saying that the back grab deals 0 gray damage, so it'll get scaled as a combo as well.)

Special Moves
    • In specials, Light Punch Running Palm (Senkugoshoha) has been drastically changed, so it will connect from weak attacks (Light Punch/Light Kick), and EX Hurricane Kick locks opponent, making it easier to combo.
    • Recovery of the Demon Flip Focus has been significantly decreased, making it easier to utilize.
    • Kongo (Counter) is changed as well. To be precise, it can only be activated now by using Punch buttons and the strength of the Punch changes where it sets up a counter hit at. Light for low attacks, Medium for middle attacks, and Hard for upper body attacks.

Other Stuff
    • During backdash, Gouken is now considered airborne right after invincibility ends.

Overall
    • His normal and special moves have been changed, and he will be able to do new things while retaining old tactics.
    • As a result, his 'easiness' might have been changed, but you will be able to enjoy strategies different from Ryu and Akuma.

Rose

Super Move
    • Her Super will no longer work when there is a Soul Spark in the screen. It is still possible to Cancel into Super from a Soul Spark, though.

Ultra 2
    • Soul Satellite (Ultra 2) has been changed. For the sake of balance, its invincibility has been decreased (or erased).

Overall
    Normals, her projectile, anti air and her basic tactics will stay, so basically, Soul Satellite is the only one that has really been changed.

Ibuki

Normal Moves
    • There have been changes to her normal moves.
    • Standing Light Kick has a 4 frame start-up, so it'll be easier to utilize as a weak attack.
    • Standing Medium Kick got changed to have a 5 frame start-up so it's possible to use it as the starting point of combos.

Special Moves
    • Kunai's (Dagger Toss) damage was decreased.
    • Neck Breaker had damage and stun nerf.
    • Jump back Kunai's trajectory has been changed to nearly straight vertical-wise.

Other Stuff
    • A Crouching Hard Kick into Standing Hard Kick Target Combo was added.
    • It works in the same way as the later part of her Target Combo 6, but it added in more strategies.
    • Her Jump Flip (Tsuijigoe) would register as a counter hit when she was hit out of it, so this was fixed.

Overall
    Some of the normal moves have been buffed, and some special moves nerfed, but her potential will be the same as she is now.
    She will still be the same character when she is in control of the game, so it'll be fun to utilize her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ultra 2
    • Soul Satellite (Ultra 2) has been changed. For the sake of balance, its invincibility has been decreased (or erased).
    Bah.
    Basically expected though.

They also put in the footnotes that Honda is getting an overall damage decrease.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

"Oh noes Rose is viable now better fix that ****."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

"Oh noes Rose is viable now better fix that ****."

It's nothing to do with that, it was a stupidly designed ultra before. It's still going to be a very good ultra after the nerf, and I'd say will still be picked in most matchups - just won't provide the get out of jail free card it currently does against pressure.

Dreddybajs wrote:
    It's still going to be a very good ultra after the nerf, and I'd say will still be picked in most matchups

It will be average at best, it will still be picked more because ultra 1 is pretty crap.

[• Kunai's (Dagger Toss) damage was decreased.

This only did 50 damage anyways, whats it do now, heal the opponent? :D

All interesting anyway. I suspect that's a misprint about Gouken, I doubt they're going to improve EVERY normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Gouken needs improvements on almost every normal.

I'm very happy with those changes.

Gouken needs improvements on almost every normal.

I'm very happy with those changes.

Yeah I would have said that about Guile until I saw the difference just improving American backfist and bazooka knee makes.

EDIT: Nah I can't really say that, some of vanilla Guile's normals were always way more viable than some of Goukens now.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Honda's U2 is almost useless now.

Cody
    Q: I have some questions about Cody. [A bunch of specific questions.]
    A: About Cody, aside from what we posted in the dev blog, he's staying almost the same. Therefore, the answers to all these questions will be, "Same as SSF4."

So no faster walk speed. LAME

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

What difference do these new backdashes make?

Advertisement