Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Lol its more a personal annoyance because I hate crouching moves that beat air attacks not including uppercuts. Blame Robbknoll for my blanka rage!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I might play with Makoto.
    IFYKIM.

i.e. I'll be sh!te

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lol its more a personal annoyance because I hate crouching moves that beat air attacks not including uppercuts. Blame Robbknoll for my blanka rage!

From now on, I am only AAing you with Guile's standing hard punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

All characters I dont play as, some "changes" that already exist eg. Gen's cr.mp now being special cancellable. Roll on next week for Dudley changes

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

J.I.M. wrote:
    Why won't Capcom give his EX Oga invincibility back?

Because it was a 100% sure fire way out of wake up pressure. It was just brainlessly good.

Suppose like Rose's it good to get away from no brainer wake up options.

I'm all for making Gen better. Just not in that way.

As for Blanka's slide. I thinking making his hitbox bigger is fine. I've had a few focus attacks whiff on him which is annoying. Didn't need less active frames though.
    Ugh dreading to see what happens gief next week. Fearing they will make his U1 like honda's U2

I'd laugh alot!. Its never gonna happen but still thats just funny even thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

That better be fake. Or if its real they better be confined to arcade mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

He's probably a secret boss like Shin Akuma/Gouken, but not actually playable. Otherwise online will be filled with Evil Ryus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

J.I.M. wrote: »
    He's probably a secret boss like Shin Akuma/Gouken, but not actually playable. Otherwise online will be filled with Evil Ryus.

Evil Ryu was fairly balanced in most games he was in.

He was pretty much just a slightly faster Ryu, with a few extra Supers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Feck me,That's all we need.
    This better not be Capcoms' new character.Any way as always I'll believe nothing until I see it

Evil Ryu was fairly balanced in most games he was in.

With a command red fireball, Akuma's DP, tatsu and teleport, and of course the raging demon.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

Wow. Evil Ryu. Never thought they'd put him in. I don't think id use him though. Also when is this game being updated.:confused:

I can't see the new alt costumes at all. It keeps saying "player costume has not been purchased". I thought they fixed this problem???

Rob2D wrote: »
    I can't see the new alt costumes at all. It keeps saying "player costume has not been purchased". I thought they fixed this problem???

I think you have to download the "Ultra costume pack catalog", which is free and around 145 Mb IIRC. It installs the costumes on your hard drive so you can see 'em. Or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Did you download the free Ultra Costume Catalog pack?
    Maybe try redownloading any Ultra costumes you bought?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Did you download the Ultra Costume Catalog?

Everyone stop being so simultaneously helpful.

Hey I replied first, you guys didn't need to butt in.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Evil Ryu......

Capcom may actually achieve the impossible....

and actually turn me off their game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Feck me,That's all we need.
    This better not be Capcoms' new character.Any way as always I'll believe nothing until I see it

He will take a ****e load of damage, like Akuma. I hope they reintroduce time attack, survival and gallery mode in the dlc.

Characters I want to see:

Hugo, Poison, Elena, Sodom, Birdie and Retsu.

Oh and I wish the new costumes would come out every week instead of every 2-3 weeks. That said I loved Chun Lis Alpha costume being introduced.

@ Everyone,

Yes I downloaded the free catalog thing and I even downloaded it again but it still doesn't work.

Try deleting the DLC you downloaded, clearing the cache on your console and then redownloading them. Probably wont work, but it's worth a shot?

Try deleting the DLC you downloaded, clearing the cache on your console and then redownloading them. Probably wont work, but it's worth a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Ken B wrote: »
    Evil Ryu......

Capcom may actually achieve the impossible....

and actually turn me off their game.

Yeah I think that would be a major FU to the fans. Evil Ryu and whatever that Jinpachi lookalike is should just be alt outfits.

I'd say evil Ryu will indeed be just a boss character.

Quit getting up in arms before we know any facts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://shoryuken.com/content/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-changes-arcadia-magazine-2598/
    Sakura:
    Decreased recovery on close MP
    Far.mp is cancelable (either that, or they mean you can link it after close mp... either way, meh)
    Improved hitboxes on far mk (neato)
    Improved backdash (like most chars... ground frame gap removed prolly)
    Hadouken's charge time reduced (I like this one a lot... Ky okizeme shenanigans)

Looking good.

You're not going to like this one though, Doom:
    Guile:
    Air throw 4f startup up from 3f.

Rose changes.
    # U2's invencibility removed, but startup is 4f instead of 7f.
    I assume they mean the startup as in when the orbs appear or something.
    # Soul spark meter gain reduced.
    lol what.
    I suppose that'll hurt against grapplers and Honda since all I do in those matches is spam sparks... whatever XD

• Advertisement

Yreval wrote: »

No problem with it at all.

It sounds like his buffs will far outweigh this very minor nerf.

Advertisement