Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I dont think Guiles gonna be different. Still gonna have a godly zoning game but poor wake like majority of the cast

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No problem with it at all.

It sounds like his buffs will far outweigh this very minor nerf.

you dont get it brian, you love that air throw, you love the fact its better than all the other air throws thats why i pointed it out, i mean sure other buffs are great but

doom = sonicboom+airthrow

other buffs = dooms game play changing ? = we shall see.

Placebo wrote: »
    you dont get it brian, you love that air throw, you love the fact its better than all the other air throws thats why i pointed it out, i mean sure other buffs are great but

doom = sonicboom+airthrow

other buffs = dooms game play changing ? = we shall see.
    It went from a 3 frame throw to a 4 frame? thats not really a change, Hes still gona have the range and effect it has now. besides, I'd be worried if doom starts using guiles normals as aa more now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The Hound wrote: »
    besides, I'd be worried if doom starts using guiles normals as aa more now

Ye I dont care about air throw, his normals are gdlk. I mean if anyone is getting owned by the lame sonic boom followed by jump air throw they need to cop on.
    Its the combination of sonic boom and normals is whats annoying about guile to me. Now he has another gdlk normal, dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I can see it now, Inferno 25: "I thought they nerfed that F***ING MOVE!!"

Seriously, 1 extra frame of startup is gonna make little to no difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Reading Guile's changes again, I have a feeling in me water that they're mistranslating UpsideDownKick for rolling sobat.

Guile:
    • Reverse Sobat (close f or b+MK) now completely avoids crouching moves (comment on how it rapes ground game with a little "bow before this buff" smiley) think cr.techs being hit on counterhit (ouch), and linked into c.mp (easier link) xx sonic boom, backfist. Yeah. Nasty. (to be honest I have no idea if it "was" invencible, or if it IS invencible now... take it with a grain of salt.

That combo sounds impossible though.

EDIT:
    Finally, Mago explains that on the second hit of Mantis Slash HP, Yang is at +10 on hit, and +6 on block. This allows you to follow up with an EX Focus Cancel into Close Standing MK or either Ultra combo if the second slash hits

SICK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Reading Guile's changes again, I have a feeling in me water that they're mistranslating UpsideDownKick for rolling sobat.

Would explain the cr.MP link business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

GorySnake wrote: »
    That combo sounds impossible though.

EDIT:

SICK

The only really difficult part is the link from the sobat/ UDK to the cr mp.

I don't know if it already works for sobat but after UDK it's a one framer. I've landed it a few times in a local match, never online.

• Advertisement

You wouldnt have charge for the sonic boom after a F+MK though, or most likely will be out of range for the cr.mp with a B+MK

Another Yang Edit:
    Yang Combos

4a. Zenpou Tenshin -> Close Standing MP x Senkyuutai HK OR Close Standing MK -> jump cancel Dive Kick MK (whiff) -> Tenshin Senkyuutai/Raishin Mahha Ken

Yang sounds like he's gonna be a beast.

GorySnake wrote: »
    You wouldnt have charge for the sonic boom after a F+MK though, or most likely will be out of range for the cr.mp with a B+MK

Yeah I do think it's a mistake and they've made the cr mp after UDK better. A comboable low invincible sobat sounds too good to me. And as you say, the sonic boom would be tough to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

f/b. mk hopping over lows would make sense as that's what it's used for in ST, though yeah that combo doesn't sound practical :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Shouldn't sobat always have gone over lows anyway, from the get go? As it should...

durr

Both sobat and UDK already have a certain amount of low invulnerability. This s talking about an upgrade to it. I already use it to hop over ryus who spam cr mk. An upgrade will make it gdlk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

fei question

is it necessary to learn the cr.lk cr.lk cr.lp rekka combo for characters st.lp whiffs on or is there an alternative, hard link, online dont even bother

mackg wrote: »
    fei question

is it necessary to learn the cr.lk cr.lk cr.lp rekka combo for characters st.lp whiffs on or is there an alternative, hard link, online dont even bother
    Yes you can chain that link, its tight but easy enough once you get it down. Depend on what situation you use for which combo. St mp or crouch mp to jab is excellent and an easy link

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Behold the end is near. Evil Ryu and Eviler Akuma are real. Guessing they will become playable at some stage... The trailer in the link just confirms them but there is no gameplay of them.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/dec/02/first-image-evil-ryu-and-oni-akuma-ssf4-ae/

Even if they are just bosses, it feels stupid to neglect rolento who was apparently nearly complete to throw these two in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Shin Akuma is in Super anyway, unless it's a completely different version of Akuma in that trailer. (Can't check in work.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

Shin Akuma is in Super anyway, unless it's a completely different version of Akuma in that trailer. (Can't check in work.)

It's the white-haired, "Oni"-Akuma that was shown in the achievement pics earlier. Oh and Evil Ryu is a ginger, apparently.

• Advertisement

no one needs another variation of a shoto to be honest. Get rid of that evil/violent/omniplex bull****, no need for it.
    Also that could just be akuma and ryu, with glares in their eyes.#

genji in for yun looks nice

02_evilchars.jpg
    maybe ryu is just angry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Behold the end is near. Evil Ryu and Eviler Akuma are real.

So ****ing bent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Ah feck sake. They better not be the 2 new characters, Karin and Alex better be in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

lol Capcom.

I honestly didn't think we'd see a playable evil Ryu but they were hardly pushing shin Gouken before Super so it looks likely imo.

Bollox. There's no need for another shoto in this game unless they're like gouken (I love the way he twists every shoto move around a bit).

perhaps could be BOSS in arcade for 1 player fun [even though games not for that] and wont be included in DLC

either way 2 weeks wait now and it will reveal all !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Even if they're just boss characters this is pretty lame.

I've always thought the Ryu/Darkside plotline was weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I honestly didn't think we'd see a playable evil Ryu but they were hardly pushing shin Gouken before Super so it looks likely imo.

Bollox. There's no need for another shoto in this game unless they're like gouken (I love the way he twists every shoto move around a bit).

As does Sakura. Gouken's really fun too

I really hope they aren't the 2 new playable characters because that would suck big time.

Placebo wrote: »
    perhaps could be BOSS in arcade for 1 player fun [even though games not for that] and wont be included in DLC

either way 2 weeks wait now and it will reveal all !

This is what I am hoping. While I enjoyed playing evil ryu in the alpha series he did feel like a cheap knock off Akuma. Don't need him in Super.

• Advertisement

Even if they're just boss characters this is pretty lame.

I've always thought the Ryu/Darkside plotline was weak.

As opposed to the girl who entered the tournament to find a boyfriend, or the guy who broke out of prison to fight because he was bored, or the guy looking for roses like? :P Street Fighter's story is shamed by the competition right now (that being Blaz Blue, which is actually kinda cool and all about time travel and stuff).

Although personally I always preferred the "Bison's a troll and everyone wants to kill him" storyline.

Advertisement