Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    They obviously wanted him to be able to use super a few times in a match (he gets it 3 times vs the Cody) so gave him the crazy meter building. Divekick, 123 xx dash punch gives him like half a bar lol. :pac: Only thing is it doesn't look like genei jin has the juggle potential it does in 3s as nothing bounces them as high on hit, so you'll have to go for resets a lot more during it (probably a good idea anyway due to the damage scaling).

I'm pretty happy with how he looks so far especially after the initial reports of people guessing he'd be solidly mid.

Also, Yang is able to feint his palm attack, so I wouldn't recommend trying anything too ballsy when you see it in case you're being baited.

But if he feints he still has a sonic boom and a Guile to deal with. Boom wall makes that stuff tricky.

Anywho, is Guile's thrid alt out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Toyoizumi: You got to play some AE. What are your first impressions?

Umehara: Impressions… Basically that it’s over for projectile characters (laughs). All the non-projectile characters have gotten buffed, whereas I think Deejay is the only projectile character that has really gotten buffed. Sagat has gotten better, but Ryu, Akuma, Guile, Dhalsim, and I suppose Chun, they’ve all gotten nerfed. And grapplers have also gotten buffed. Projectile characters were strongest in Vanilla, but it’s the other way around now in AE. But I plan to use Yun so it’s not a big deal for me. I guess that’s my impression of AE.

Yun everyones new main

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

http://shoryuken.com/content/ultradavid-friends-notes-super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-2827/

Twitter updates on AE from UltraDavid.

Points of interest:

UltraDavid says Gief sucks, does not know what Daigo is smoking.

Honda sounding ****.

Hakan and Dan buffed alot

DeeJay meant to much better, mid-screen EX MGB - U2 alot easier apparently, I might pick him up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://twitter.com/ultradavid/status/15964799334621184

good job capcom

(i say this both sincerely as a sakura player who like seeing her toughest matchups get beaten to a bloody pulp with the nerf bat, and sarcastically as someone who believes that it's a basic rule of fighting games that moves should never, ever be punishable on hit)

In all seriousness, while he hasn't said anything about Sakura yet, I'm loving the Dee Jay buffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

286100~Portrait-of-Baby-Crying-Posters-713652.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

In AE Honda is gonna be like Sagats transition to super.
    Poor Honda players,your beloved damage is gone.
    Onion its Makato for you,As for my brother.See above pic..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I think show this first;
    sfae.png

On a more serious note, I've being watching a batch of AE videos on youtube, I don't think Seth hasn't actually being so badly screwed over by the changes put on him. Juri's walk speed is slightly better but from what I saw, her movement seems more fluid, if you get what I mean. I think I also saw a combo in there that isn't possible in vanilla Super.

Yun is going to be freaking EVERYWHERE when AE hits consoles ( early next summer probably ) especially given that Daigo is maining him in AE. I'll still try him but I'd be kind of put off playing him seriously if a load of Daigo worshipers are going to be doing likewise.

El Furte's U2 has gotten nerfed? GOOD. It did stupid damage to begin with.

Just my two cents on what I've being seeing and hearing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The damage nerf isn't the bad thing about the Honda nerfs. It's the meterless AA nerf and the j.MP nerf that are the real bad nerfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

The damage nerf isn't the bad thing about the Honda nerfs. It's the meterless AA nerf and the j.MP nerf that are the real bad nerfs.

Yup, he's pretty much fúcked without them.
    People can jump in all day now, and his best jump in is gone.

farewell Fat-man, we had some good times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

A-Trak wrote: »
    farewell Fat-man, we had some good times :(
    No we didn't.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    No we didn't.

Speak for yourself!

Oh, for the glory days of getting 3 Hondas in a row at tournaments...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

In AE Honda is gonna be like Sagats transition to super.
    Poor Honda players,your beloved damage is gone.
    Onion its Makato for you,As for my brother.See above pic..

[YOUTUBE.]NJVldvmIh5E[/YOUTUBE]

While the insinuation that I'm a poor Honda has cut me to the core, I'm happy to move on to Makoto! :D

EDIT: pics back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

So will the arcade update be released as DLC? Anymore characters revealed apart from Yun and Yang?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

It will, but we don't know when, and we've seen Evil Ryu and Eviller Akuma, but we don't know if they're playable.

Thanks, I imagine they will be playable, though I wouldn't rule out Capcom making us pay for them via DLC. I hope they throw Hugo and Poison in there too. And maybe a few more characters from SF3-Alex and Remy.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Doing my usual lurking on the Makoto forums...

Makoto's buffs are legit.

Her DP is good now, catches anything from the hip up without trading.
    She has a new piss easy kara-karakusa which has buckets of range.
    Her c.lk xx EX.Hayate connects, and EX.Hayate, Fukiage (DP), tsurgi (axe kick) works on every character in the corner.
    Her U2 is much faster too.

They're still testing new stuff, but she's definitley going to be much scarier in the right hands. What she wont be is a character people are going to be able to bandwagon for an easy mode win. Just like when Super came out, they're still going to realise she's tough to use and give up (like I did until recently).

Yeah, people look at her appearance, see a karateka, and expect a Ken/Ryu style fighter and are like wtf when they play her.

Xluna wrote: »
    Thanks, I imagine they will be playable, though I wouldn't rule out Capcom making us pay for them via DLC. I hope they throw Hugo and Poison in there too. And maybe a few more characters from SF3-Alex and Remy.

The evidence we've seen is the Achievements screen. There are eight new ones, with two illustrations each for Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu and Eviller Akuma, so it's not likely that there are any more characters involved. Hopefully there'll be more DLC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Considering AE has the biggest roster of any non-VS SF game... I think we should be grand with "just" the addition of the Twins.

I'm a no to dlc characters too. As it is they've just ceated a divide between the arcade and home scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Just looking at videos of AE and reading some forums.

Rose's U2 change is interesting. She can be hit out of it on start up but the orbs don't seem to dissappear if shes hit at this stage. But in a latter match she does loose both orbs to an Ex.Blanka ball.

Dhalsim has got worse for Guile. Apparantly Ultra 2 for Guile is much slower and damage is alot less. Makes it hard for him to counter Sim's fireballs and less meter build from booms makes life even harder for him in that match up. Some are suggesting its going be the hardest match up in the game.

Bison's S.HK still seems to do max damage most of the time. Only very max range does it do less. Not sure if his loop is still in. I think Kim1234 was saying it was impossible to hit Yun with C.LK after he blocked a LK Scissors (as in he was out of range). Not sure on other characters. Also a few suggesting LK Scissors now travels further. Some suggestions teleport has changed or recoverys quickers.

Tatsu was talking about Vega. Says C.MK is stupidly good. Great frame trapping potential. Says Ex.RCF is a good move now that it has a use. Few other people having been singing its praises too. DF.HK is -3 on block and Ultra 2 is noticable slower but still better than Ultra 1 overall. He reckons all in all Vega is better than before.

Ultradavid is suggesting SPD got nerf. Claims there is more recovery on it after he land. Range buff on SPD is hardly noticable.

Think Ken still has cowardcopter air Tatsu.

Everyone is saying the Twins look very good early on.

I'm a no to dlc characters too. As it is they've just ceated a divide between the arcade and home scenes.

It does suck for that, but since they're already doing it once, I don't mind them doing it more times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'd prefer another retail release to DLC characters even if it ends up being a bit more expensive. I think we're gonna see more than Yun and Yang in the console release as well.

The DLC could be done in a way that everyone is required to download a new update which contains all the characters and updated moves etc. They get the benefit of the updated balance change on current characters but don't get to play as the new characters unless they pay for them. Like was done with the costume pack recently except that wasn't a required update.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Azza wrote: »
    The DLC could be done in a way that everyone is required to download a new update which contains all the characters and updated moves etc. They get the benefit of the updated balance change on current characters but don't get to play as the new characters unless they pay for them.

I assume this is what's going to be done.
    I cant see them adding the balance changes and charging people for it. While it's already bad to split the arcade/console people, it'd be ****ing horrible to split the console people into two groups too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

That's how BBCS2 and Platinum are going to be handled, and I think this'll turn out similarly.

Here's the newest Tokido blog post:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/12/19/tokidos-ssf4ae-blog-update.html

I found this interesting:
    Some match up became bad. For example against Zangief, Guile, Sakura. but it's ok.

In the case of Sakura, that's quite a change from SSF4.

Guile beats Akuma now?

Is the cross up tatsu more difficult to do now or something? The 50/50 with that on wake up is what kills me in that match up.

He said Gief was a bad match up for Akuma but I think nearly everyone and their dog says its heavily in Akuma's favour. The way the post is worded makes me think he mean't to say those match ups are harder now but still managable or in Akuma's favour.

The only nerf Akuma got was tatsu doing less damage and stun. Considerably less of a nerf than what Guile got. Can't see that match up being changed much, infact to me on paper at least it seems even more in Akuma's favour.

Azza wrote: »
    He said Gief was a bad match up for Akuma but I think nearly everyone and their dog says its heavily in Akuma's favour. The way the post is worded makes me think he mean't to say those match ups are harder now but still managable or in Akuma's favour.

The only nerf Akuma got was tatsu doing less damage and stun. Considerably less of a nerf than what Guile got. Can't see that match up being changed much, infact to me on paper at least it seems even more in Akuma's favour.

Me too that's why I was wondering. Akuma doesn't need to run away from Guile. It doesn't really make a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Having seen what Ultradavid said I'm finally back to Hakan. Was really dissapointed when I saw the dev blog but giving him lp into oil slide is something because at the mo all he had was mp or mk into oil slide. Giving him a quicker oil up and a decent anti air normal isnt groundbreaking but at least he wont be so free to some characters... (Yes he will)

Really gutted he didnt get the overhead though. Was hoping for something against bison and chun li other then flukey U2s!

I got two people in a row to ragequit against me! Pinnacle moment so far for me in this game. Now I'll let ye get back to talking about characters someone might win with!

Advertisement