Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Just because you're too slow to punish me. :)

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/its_on_now.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »

That was directed at Emmet there, you just can't get near me because Chun has Bison's jump disease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I'd probably beat all of you, with Zangief.

I need to get myself some SF4 again!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

Come to the meet ups on Saturdays and prove it.

chun.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Put your fight money where your mouth is!

Ah. The innocence of youth.

Deejay looks class, pity they seem to have raped his ability to antiair though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Deejay looks class, pity they seem to have raped his ability to antiair though.

If he dominates with firballs and slides as much as he does, you need to be able to jump in on him. Weaknesses. They all need em. Its the thing that Sagat and Ryu lack at the moment and hopefully every character will have with the update.

Juri looks baddass. Very Akuma like that if you play well and outplay your opponent, it's in the bag. Make a mistake or two and its round over!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Go to the meets. Don't pull a Jazzy.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Go to the meets. Don't pull a Jazzy.

Honestly, i'd just be extremely lucky, havent lost a game online yet, and thats not because of skill, just because most people couldnt defend against zangief.

Where are these meets you speak of?

Kirby wrote: »
    If he dominates with firballs and slides as much as he does, you need to be able to jump in on him. Weaknesses. They all need em. Its the thing that Sagat and Ryu lack at the moment and hopefully every character will have with the update.

Juri looks baddass. Very Akuma like that if you play well and outplay your opponent, it's in the bag. Make a mistake or two and its round over!

I'm aware of that I just think it's a pity they've fundamentally changed his character design so much in terms of how he's played. Still looks like a cool character of course but I liked old Deejay style.

edit: DOC, we have casuals meetups every weekend or two in the XGC in the city centre, and tournaments every 6 weeks or so. There's usually a thread near the top of the forum about the latest one.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Still looks like a cool character of course but I liked old Deejay style.

You mean the styling of being Overpowered? :p

In all seriousness though, I get what you mean. I'm sure he'll have decent anti air normals. They are probably limited in scope though, so you will have to pick the right one depending on how deep the jump in is. That sort of thing.

Has the two ultra thing been dropped btw? Havent heard a mention of it in those vids.

In all seriousness though, I get what you mean. I'm sure he'll have decent anti air normals. They are probably limited in scope though, so you will have to pick the right one depending on how deep the jump in is. That sort of thing.

Has the two ultra thing been dropped btw? Havent heard a mention of it in those vids.

Every time I see an interview with Capcom they say "we can't talk about the ultras yet". Somethings up with them that they don't want to share right now.

There was a couple of screen caps from a vid in which it very much looks like Ryu is pulling a shin SRK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

They still have the roman numerals in the ultra meter. Interestingly, deejay has "I" in the first vid but has "II" in the third vid. Don't think he does ultra in the third vid though!

all his ex into ultra

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Honestly, i'd just be extremely lucky, havent lost a game online yet, and thats not because of skill, just because most people couldnt defend against zangief.

Oh man please add me on live...I need some experience against more top class Zangiefs!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Oh man please add me on live...I need some experience against more top class lucky Zangiefs!

Ha, have to get the game again before i can!

I don't think ST Deejay was overpowered, never heard that opinion before actually - anyway yeah hopefully he'll still have great normals.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ST DJ was, according to Sirlin, "hidden upper-mid tier".
    The Japanese didn't really play him, but US champs like John Choi showed what he was capable of (but only recently, within the last 5yrs or so).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Chun's AA's aren't that bad. Neutral MK close jump ins, s.HP for far jumps and s.HK for sniping jump ins/outs. And EX SBK is surprisingly not all that good.

All chuns anti air moves are situational. Which kinda sucks, but makes it that extra bit more badass when you stuff people with them.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    * Dislike the new Announcer (Don't have a problem with the current one).

During the SF4 build up I was raging about the announcer, I hated him with a passion. The really camp over enthusiastic crap pisses me off, I hated the guy from alpha 3 but at least he didnt talk during the damn fight. I got a little used to him apon getting the game but when I finally got the PC version, 1st thing I did was modded him to get him to STFU during the match.

The new one isnt great though either but a little better.

* Dislike how the people who record footage for the trailers never seem to be able to actually play the game
    Its always the way isnt it, with all games even.

Capcom like to keep people guessing I think though, show them elements of a character and then watch as the community start trying to figure out gameplay elements and combos working off of what little they saw in the vid..

*Endless Mode? lol - .............. bloody boring.

Unless your the guy winning :p:D

Azza wrote: »

All the new stuff looks good. New Announcer doesn't bother me. Game modes are what was badly need and should help build the community.

Nothing new with just showing off moves and ultra's in the trailers. They did the same in SF IV. People playing the game are probably not pro's and haven't figured out how the characters play and besides even if they did the characters move properties will probably change several times before release so even if they could play at a high level it would show us nothing of value.

Hopefully they do add Dudley, I find Balrog incredible dull in SF IV compared to his ST version, we need a non charge boxer character who doesn't have to worry about charge.

Agree with everything. I look forward to seeing what they do with the other characters, BIG time. Ibuuuuuuukiiiiiiiiii

Just a word of warning :p 2 guys came on here 'talking the talk' before. The 1st one ragequit the game after losing a few casual games in a row and the 2nd one rage quit the game apon hearing of the 1st guys story :pac:

But joking a side, welcome to the forum man!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Chun needs a decent ultra that fully connects not decent anti-air. She can already jump an hour after her opponent jumps, come up from below them and beat alot of them clean. EX.SBK is a great anti air counter for a direct jump in but its only too right it can be safe jumped on wake up.

FutureGuy wrote:
    Oh man please add me on live...I need some experience against more top class Zangiefs!

Pro tip, learn Seth :D

What are people's wishlists with regards to Character changes? I would be interested to know what people want. Don't get to in-depth, keep it breif....and be realistic. For example, asking for a fireball with Gief is a bit silly.:D

Couple of things with Sim.

First up is yoga blast. The startup and recovery on it are terrible. The EX version is quicker so that has its uses but the main problem with this move is its hitbox. Its far too small. Give it a bigger hitbox to make it more useful.

Secondly is his throw range. Granted, most characters throw range is the same at 0.9 but characters like rose have more. Given the fact that Dhalsim has one of the worst short games out there, I don't think it would be unreasonable to match his throw range to rose's. After all, he has long arms. :p

Lastly is his Ultra. It has one invicibility frame on it. Thats all. Just one. Which means people can walk up and throw you after you have used it.....which is a bit ridiculous considering its the lowest damage ultra in the game. So either give it more damage, or give it more invincibilty frames.

Thats it really. There are other small things I would like to see. such as a faster footsie, better drills and a better hitxox for his Super......but those are limitions on the character that I fully understand the need for. The three main ones I listed are reasonable improvements to the character that should be made.

How bout anyone elses character? I know Azza would like a way to combo into Ultra....but then so would I :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

One thing

EX Headbutt goes through fireballs

If EX Blanka ball goes through, so should Honda's. If that means reducing the damage a bit, fine, I can live with that.

Good question.

The Booms are fine.

Flash kick- look, I know it can't be the flaming barrier of invulnerability it used to be, but it's nearly useless as anything but a punisher. It's hitbox needs to be looked at. Trading with shorts is ridiculous and it's autocorrect is awful. Some where between where it is now and where it was would be nice, please.

Airthrow. Hitbox should be extended.

kidding :P

Sweep. I don't like ease with which it can be countered. Because it doesn't juggle and it's so easily countered, it's near useless. Perhaps it should juggle like (shock) ex. That would at least make the risk of using it worth it. Reduce the damage of each indiviual kick.

Ultra. It should either lock in or it should take a few frames less to become active. It's only a sure thing really at the moment if you're after supering- which takes a lump off it's damage and leaves Guile EX less- not a happy place for him.

I've actually caught someone with it mid focus charge, and they've back dashed after it started and blocked it.

As with every other character in the game, you should be able to combo into it relatively easy- or no on else should be able to.

Good question.

Sweep. near useless. Perhaps it should juggle like (shock) ex. That would at least make the risk of using it worth it..

Dunno man. Its first hit is quite quick and has good range. I know you can get stung on the second one by people focusing it and dragon punching it....but I always thought it was quite decent.

Imo they should give guile back his overhead kick. Its still in it, but it doesn't count as an overhead....which is retarded. Agree with the flash kicks and his ultra too. Needs a full connect everytime. there are other characters such as Fei Long and Chun li who miss their ultras too. I'd bet my house on all these being fixed for super. Including yours :) Guile with a more reliable ultra, Better flash kicks, and a long range overhead is a much better prospect than the current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

EX Headbutt would be way OP if it went through fireballs. It already has great speed, damage and it has knockdown. I would say give it to jab headbutt ala HDR.

I would like to see Chuns ultra hit properly when juggling. I hate that stupid bounce out when I slightly misjudge where I am on screen or where my opponent is in the air.

Her jump should be a little better. Take out a couple of her frames in the air would fix it nicely I think.

Blanka needs more damage.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

HMUYA wrote: »
    EX Headbutt would be way OP if it went through fireballs. It already has great speed, damage and it has knockdown. I would say give it to jab headbutt ala HDR.

The only reason I want it is to bridge some distance between me and FB spammers. The jab headbutt travels about 1 foot forward, so that's useless to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Fireball zoning is Hondas weakness though and should remain so imo.

Just wait till terry gets here. Sagat in SSFIV - Jab cancels to both ultras at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    The only reason I want it is to bridge some distance between me and FB spammers. The jab headbutt travels about 1 foot forward, so that's useless to me!
    It would totally throw Honda right up to near top tier, from full screen being able to score a knockdown? Crazy stuff!

Advertisement