Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Looks like alot of the Guiles have figured out a decent use for UDK. You can use it to force guesses on offence ( if someone cr os techs now and Guile UDKs he's landing it, I dunno if it's hit confirmable into his cr mp or cl hp though. What it does do is make people afraid to tech or go for any low attack). I've seen a couple of videos and to be fair it sails over low attacks now.

Still, if I wanted to play offensively, I wouldn't have picked Guile.

Most people are saying it's back to having no viable ultra, looking like Hurricane is doing roughly 300 with a 10 or 11 frame start up at guesstimate.

I watched a vid between Killerkai and Warahwk, and I have to say I am unimpressed so far by AE. It's like they're taking away all the tools that make the characters individual. There's one point were Guile trades 16 booms and gets no meter. Another where ryu limply tries to cross up Guile with a Tatsu but it falls pathetically short.

Honda may have been a pain for some characters, but he was what he always was- a nightmare for rushdown characters but in trouble against projectile. Now he's looking useless. Another one of my favourite characters down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Yun Fighter 4 Genei-Jin Edition.

Rejoice. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I watched a vid between Killerkai and Warahwk, and I have to say I am unimpressed so far by AE. It's like they're taking away all the tools that make the characters individual. There's one point were Guile trades 16 booms and gets no meter. Another where ryu limply tries to cross up Guile with a Tatsu but it falls pathetically short.

Honda may have been a pain for some characters, but he was what he always was- a nightmare for rushdown characters but in trouble against projectile. Now he's looking useless. Another one of my favourite characters down the drain.

yeah but in fairness, Not sure if 16 is an exaggeration but building meter on speedy booms with such quick recovery is a bit of a joke. [compared to how others need to build meter]. Im impartial about cross up tatsu's . They looked impressive, specially when cancelled into a super, i dunno how hard it was to pull one of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Well I for one, am looking forward to AE. I've never been one for fireballs and thats putting it mildly. Looks like I'll be back to Fei Long and I'll pick up Yang, with a side of Yun as he'll be good to know. I prefer the straight up brawling approach!

Placebo wrote: »
    yeah but in fairness, Not sure if 16 is an exaggeration but building meter on speedy booms with such quick recovery is a bit of a joke. [compared to how others need to build meter]. Im impartial about cross up tatsu's . They looked impressive, specially when cancelled into a super, i dunno how hard it was to pull one of.

It's not apparently an exagerration. It's supposed to be well over halved, which along side the SH nerf is a big blow to Guile. For me personally it's a good thing I was cutting down on EX booms anyway because it looks like their use will have to be clever from now on. No more happily entering into fireball wars!

That said it does appear he's a little better on offence now, but if you're picking Guile in SSF4 you're not doing it because you want to master offence. *shrugs*

Cross up tatsu is, at least when Ryu is fighting Guile, quite important. it's one of his tools for keeping up the pressure when he gets in close.

• Advertisement

well yun is the new ryu apparently and by reading toikidos blog, i think hes gonna be a pain for most, except chun. YESSS
    Apparently daigos style is really aggressive now , can you even imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

guesstimate.
    and I have to say I am unimpressed so far by AE. It's like they're taking away all the tools that make the characters individual. There's one point were Guile trades 16 booms and gets no meter. Another where ryu limply tries to cross up Guile with a Tatsu but it falls pathetically short.
    I kind of agree with with what you're saying. Turning Vega into a combo building character(a la rog with his potential 30+hit C.mp, EX roll, dash forwrd, C. mp. EX roll, dash forward, EX.. etc.) is kinda missng the point of the character somehow.

That said, Vega needs a few buffs, I'm sure everyone would agree with that.

Ps: Any sign of the boy yet, lads?

Ken B wrote: »

That said, Vega needs a few buffs, I'm sure everyone would agree with that.

Totally, and I appreciate most people feel like Guile's a brick wall in Super but there has to have been a better way of going about nerfing rather than returning him to being the man with no ultra AND trying to force a change in how he's played.

The Blanka and Honda changes are much worse too on the face of it. I hope I'm missing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Anyone hear anything more on chuns changes. I know about the df lk nerf and stun reduced on st mp and cr rh but that's not all too bad. Although there was some talk of changes to her focus attack which would be bad, making it more punishable or something. Haven't seen any vids though??.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

BanjoB wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything more on chuns changes. I know about the df lk nerf and stun reduced on st mp and cr rh but that's not all too bad. Although there was some talk of changes to her focus attack which would be bad, making it more punishable or something. Haven't seen any vids though??.

Your best bet would be to keep an eye on the SRK chun forums, that's where a lot of the info is hitting on everyone.

Looking at the above videos, Honda is looking like ass. Dudley's U1 seems to come out slower too, he didn't punish Ex headbutt with it, which works in super.

i heard her focus was now easier to hit? more recovery frames?

i heard her focus was now easier to hit? more recovery frames?

According to guys on srk, her lvl 1 focus attack is no longer +1 on block which would affect her pressure game if u used it alot. not confirmed though.
    All in all, it seems she got away lightly. I used df lk a lot so thats a shame, comes out much slower now and the hit box is nerfed.

Rumours kikosho's hit box reduced also.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

well yun is the new ryu apparently

Yun plays nothing like Ryu

GorySnake wrote: »
    Yun plays nothing like Ryu

NO **** NATHAN, sure what would i know, i never played 3s before.
    I meant the fact that everyones gonna pick him now.

According to guys on srk, her lvl 1 focus attack is no longer +1 on block which would affect her pressure game if u used it alot. not confirmed though.
    All in all, it seems she got away lightly. I used df lk a lot so thats a shame, comes out much slower now and the hit box is nerfed.

i use that alot with backdash, i guess she did get off ok.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Chun nerfs I heard where 2 additional start up frames on df+lk. Didn't hear that the hitbox was nerfed.
    C.HK does less stun.
    S.Mp does less damage.
    Her Focus attack has a larger passive hitbox. Alot of the time opponents would whiff moves against her Focus Attack because of her leaning back during the start up animation. This should happen less with the hitbox nerf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

ITT : q.q

In other news

GENEI JIN

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This thread has nearly 4k posts. I think we need a new one for AE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Hells No bigger is better

ba dum tishhhhhh

• Advertisement

Do it when AE is actually out here. Super is still the current version for the next 6 months or so.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    This thread has nearly 4k posts. I think we need a new one for AE.

In the Nocturnal forum we had to shut a thread because it'd hit the technical limits of what the DB could handle and performing a complex operation (such as merging a thread to it) would have been dangerous. That was 150,000 posts.

I know that's kinda not what you meant but it's still interesting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

GorySnake wrote: »
    Do it when AE is actually out here. Super is still the current version for the next 6 months or so.

I wonder will it be DLC or on physical disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Brawler costume pack was released today. Zangief's costume is kinda cool. Not to keen on El Fuerte's though.

it will not be physical disc, several factory outlined mainly by myself and doom.
    rebrand/packaging/divide in community and online/advertising etc etc etc

Some Yang footage:

Interesting points:

0:13 - Ryu goes for a crossup j.lk, look at that hitbox on Yang's upkick.

1:05 - Looooong combo, cr.lp x 2 - cr.lk - st.lp - cr.mk - Mantis Slashes. The dive kick at the start didnt combo, it seems to be kinda tricky comboing off of a dive kick, does everyone just suck?

Yang looks more fun than Yun, can't wait to try them out

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Yeah I agree. I wonder will he have any good left/right stuff with his command dash.

Guile beats Akuma now?

Is the cross up tatsu more difficult to do now or something? The 50/50 with that on wake up is what kills me in that match up.

I could be wrong, but is it really a 50/50 though? For me how I react all the time to it is just look at how many steps the player takes before jumping, you can tell if he is going to crossup or not

Unless it can hit from both the back and the front? (I always thought it whiffs if you jump straight in on them and tatsu)

My bad if I'm wrong, I block attempted tatsu crossups all day

• Advertisement

Just checking out the adon forums on srk. Ex Jaguar tooth now has full fireball invulnerability once he leaves the wall which is beastly against fireball characters.
    St mp has much more frame advantage now making it excellent for blockstrings/combo'ing ability.

Advertisement