Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Tiers always fluctuate, more excited to see top players like daigo utilize yun etc,
    He already has the "master" rank status, not sure if that is 'S' or above S?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

This is a tier list from Japan, although I'm not sure how reliable it is.

S - Yun
    AAA - Dictator
    AA - Ken, Viper, Abel, Gouki, Fei Long
    A - Blanka, Guile, Dhalsim, Boxer, Sagat, Rufus, Gen, Cody, Ibuki, Yang
    B - Ryu, Chun Li, Honda, Zangief, Claw, T.Hawk, Cammy, Sakura, Makoto, Dudley, Adon
    C - El Fuerte, Seth, Gouken, DJ, Rose, Guy, Juri
    D - Dan, Hakan

And a second list going by BP.
    S
    Yun
    A++
    M. Bison (Dictator), Ken, Sagat, Fei long
    A+
    C. Viper, Akuma
    A
    Abel, Blanka, Ryu
    B++
    Makoto, Balrog (Boxer), Rufus, Ibuki, Cody
    B+
    Sakura, Zangief, Guile, Chun-Li
    B
    Dhalsim, Yang, Cammy, Vega (Claw), Juri, Adon
    C++
    E. Honda, T. Hawk, Dudley
    C+
    Guy, Rose, Dee Jay
    C
    El Fuerte, Seth
    D
    Gen, Gouken
    E
    Hakan, Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Lol at Ken leapfrogging like a mo fo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Is yun really that good or is it a case of people not knowing the matchup?

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »
    Is yun really that good or is it a case of people not knowing the matchup?

exactly my sentiments !

1-player figuring out YUN to play with
    vs
    2-opponent figuring out YUN to play against

1 got there before 2?
    How much are these people paying in the arcades?

The BP thing might be partly to do with the fact that Daigo has like 45,000bp with his Yun well ahead of almost everyone else. But its early days yet. Early word is he's strong, but needs to time for opponents to figure him out. The second list is really more of popularity thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Placebo wrote: »
    How much are these people paying in the arcades?

A couple of days Daigo had already racked up 1300 wins and 200 losses with his Yun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yun and Yang's endings for AE.
    Shoryuken put it best when they said "Click to watch three Chinese characters have a conversation in Japanese."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Lol dont worry Auron. Hakan is getting some sexy bells and whistles soon enough.

http://shoryuken.com/f335/hakan-arcade-edition-changes-258203/index4.html

Near the bottom of that link is a HUGE post by ultradavid. looks like its time to oil up! :D
    I was talking about cody but eh after looking at the AE arcade list looks like i have to sit with all those cool dudes again :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

The Hound wrote: »
    Viper and cammy are so fast with great pressure and mix ups. Cammy is so simple and effective against him. Her ultra shuts down a lot of akumas movements to escape and to zone, her Dp is like the anti akuma as well, as his dive kicks are very hard to stuff but Cammy's dp seems to do it well and she has os spin knuckle to ultra.Her trades are great, especially dp trade as she gets vannila damage then another dp or ultrafrown.gif. Spirral arrow and ex spirral arrow shut down akumas zoning. Her ultra shuts down akuma once she has it and especially if she gets in as it will punish teleport.

hey man **** you

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yun's poking game in AE seems to be very strong, with multiple safe blockstrings & options that lead into knockdown.
    Also divekick.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Sairus wrote: »
    Yun and Yang's endings for AE.
    Shoryuken put it best when they said "Click to watch three Chinese characters have a conversation in Japanese."

Those are my new favourite endings!

after metal gear solid and lord of the rings 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I love how you're all talking so optimistically.
    Like we'll be able to play AE within a few days, instead of.
    You know.

SOME TIME in the far future.

I can't WAIT for the PC version!

:D

:)

:o

:(

:mad:

hung.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

T-Hawk

[Ultra]
    U2 has faster start-up, and invincibility got lengthened.

I was hoping for a change to this Ultra.....but tbh what it needs is a much bigger hitbox. The amount of times I've clipped right through people jumping in at me is insane.

Still, any buff is a good buff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Cobelcog wrote: »
    hey man **** you

:pac:

Hey its true, spin knuckle is too good

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Some stirring stuff on AE Guile over on SRK...
    Honestly, now when you beat someone, they can't complain about your OP character turtling like a scrub etc etc etc. You beat them after taking 8 nerfs.
    With that being said, I'm not going to be a sellout like most of the tourney/top players and switch because my character is not as good anymore. Guile is still very much viable and I'm tired of people saying that I win all of the time because my character is "top tier". I've been getting great results since mid to late SF4 days and that shows that it not because of a character that you're winning, it's the player behind the character. If this was the case then Daigo would not have gotten 1st at EVO because Ryu is clearly around the mid-tier mark in Super. I liked it better when people acknowledged me for playing a low-tier character, and Guile's not even low tier in AE. So let's all just become better as players and still kick ass with Guile.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I know you'll be sticking with Guile DooM, best of luck to you when AE comes out.

In slightly related news, I played a Guile as Honda the other night, in both rounds he did 2 random U2s and I U1-ed through them. Afterwards I got a message saying
    "sheet of top tier i dont play more with you"

I lol'd posted him on the current tier list where Guile is a few places above Honda and talked about how it's Guile's best match (one of em). In response I got this
    honda is broken and i hate the broken characters

Oh XBL Guiles, how you amuse me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I sometimes get similar messages.......

I know rite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

For all you budding Adons Gamerbee has his own blog now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I like Seth's new costume a lot..

just seen random video competition intro on tokidos blog
    we defo need one

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I seems 16 frame dash characters (a group of which Makoto is now a member in AE) are now able to do LvL2 Focus Attack loops. One Japanese Makoto player has said he's done 16 reps and there is word that Abel and Chun (both 16 frame-ers) can do it now too.

The explanation seems to be that the focus attack has recieved some sort of buff, either start up or recovery. Interesting stuff, could mess with some dynamics.

Source

UPDATE:
    Just checked some other reports about it and it seems that if you do it from FA3 you can only do it two times, but if your FA2 lands on a counterhit, you can do it as much as you want. Gotta test more :/

Lol, expect that one to be patched out fairly quickly I'd say :pac:

I hope so, sounds like a game breaker, land a focus attack when you have life lead and you could just time out to win from there on in.

Seeing as it only works on counterhit FA2, sounds like they had a crumple loop preventation limit in the game, but forgot to enable it on counterhits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

AE just keeps getting better and better.

AE just keeps getting better and better.

Im not going to moan about it any more til I get to play it. I think I've done so enough.

Think this picture sums up Arcade Edition quite deliciously!

guile_icecream.png

:P

• Advertisement

Capcom are doing as second round of Blogs on character changes, showing how some of the announced changes have been implemented on each character.

Interestingly not only did they nerf the active frames on Ryu's c.mk but they nerfed his hitbox quite deliciously as well :P

Ryu's old c.mk hitbox
    17_blog01.jpg

Ryu's new c.mk hitbox :P
    17_blog02.jpg

Also here are the height restrictions on Cammy's Cannon Spike.

Going up
    17_blog03.jpg

Coming down.
    17_blog04.jpg

They also show hitbox adjustments to Viper and Guy. As well as the damage reduction in Rog's Ultra 1 combo set up.

Advertisement