Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I feel like they could've gone a bit easier on Cammy's divekick restriction, but from some rough testing just there I think she'll still be able to combo from that height fairly easily (though not to cr. hp reliably I don't think).

Ryu's hitbox nerf on c.mk looks really harsh to me.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I remember reading somewhere that they increased the block stun on Cannon Spike that its always at least +1 if it blocked at max height (Sagat is probably an exception).

Maybe they gave it more hit stun too?

Also I'm going assume they gave Bison's C.LK the same hitbox nerf as Ryu's C.MK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

As far as I'm aware hitstun is universally larger than blockstun in SF4, so yeah if they increased the blockstun by a substanial margin the hitstun probably got a boost too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

:mad: Man I hate this game :mad:

What kind of a game rewards such negative play!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

seeing the nerfs that some of the cast have received, I think, excluding his ultra 2, abel is grand.

The abel forums on srk say his nerfs make little difference.

• Advertisement

Posters on shoryuken forum saying Ryu's C.MK has lost 2 active frames although I'm not sure how reliable that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Cammy is able to dash behind certain standing characters in AE, including Vega.

Better patch that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Seriously?

Oh c'mon it doesn't even feel worth making fun of now, are Capcom just taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Vega can dash behind a cornered abel in Super.

Just hitbox glitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah ! and chunli can teleport now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I'm not much of a Yun and Yang fan. Is there any incentive to get the AE DLC when it comes out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Depends of whether the technical changes are separate, or part of it. We don't know what else is in the DLC; looks like some new Arcade stuff, achievements, stuff like that; assuming Evil Ryu and Right Bastard Akuma aren't playable, Yun and Yang really are the main draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The balance changes would most def be free. There will probably be more characters added by then too so I suppose you just have to wait and see. Ill basically by anything they release :pac:

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Depends of whether the technical changes are separate, or part of it. We don't know what else is in the DLC; looks like some new Arcade stuff, achievements, stuff like that; assuming Evil Ryu and Right Bastard Akuma aren't playable, Yun and Yang really are the main draw.

Thanks Dunjohn. So far AE dlc seems like a pass for me so far. I'm not a huge fan of Yun and Yang [don't hate but apathetic to them. Trashing continuity to include them in SFA3 Upper didn't help {Shouldn't they be children at that time?}] Evil Ryu and SHin AKuma are a complete pass for me.

I suspect that when the DLC is released there will be seperate required patch (required if you want to continue playing online) that contains the updated balance changes and that updates your game to be able to play against Yun and Yang online.

I'm guessing the paid for DLC will include

Yun and Yang as playable characters.

Balance changes.

Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma as hidden bosses in Arcade mode only.

New achievements/trophies.

New Ultimate Master rank added into to the online ranking system.

I think they will add in more playable characters for the console DLC as well.

As for Yun appearing in SFA 3 upper and runing the story, who cares the story is ass anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Remember that list EventHubs put up with the percentage of character usage based on 4000 online matches about 6 months ago ?, they just released another, wanna see how much things have changed ?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/20/round-2-online-character-usage-super-street-fighter-4-numbers/#c172737

No surprises as far as the shoto's are concerned, or most of the higher tier characters like Guile and Dictator, but the rest of the list has some surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma confirmed as playable

93407992.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/confus3dable#p/a/u/0/x1fLY8AWTNs

That guy has some gameplay of them (crap quality though)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yay another Ryu just what I always wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Just give me a red skinned colour for eviler akuma and I can pretend its hakan!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

You wont need to pretend when we get super buffed AE Hakan brother. He is going to kick ****ing ass!

• Advertisement

stream up now for the 2 dudes. evil ryu's u2 is awesome looking. oni akuma has air dash!

http://ja.justin.tv/offcast#/w/788280656

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Sorry I derped and forgot 2 put up the link. Man I'm already bored of evil ryu and he just showed up... Want to see more oni. It looks like he can cancel teleports at anytime into some slash attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I go out for the first time in nearly a month and then Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma are unleashed!? Typical. :rolleyes:

More seriously, they both look pretty damn neat, no doubt this is going to take the edge off waiting for MvC3 for those who can play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Clearish gawk at what both their Ultras look like. They're pretty damn flashy, especially both their Shoryukens.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just had a look at some of the footage.

Looks like natural gas Akuma can teleport in to a comboable slash move. This is being used to cross up while on the ground.

If Akuma's teleport still has the same invulnerability, this is going to be incredibly abusable, not to mention an air dash in a game which is built around the risk/ reward of jump ins.

Emo Ryu looks iike a rush down shoto, like Ken on drugs.

Over all really disappointed they wasted the dev time of 2 new characters on shotos. Even worse they're shotos that're already in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

F***in' hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Will someone tell ken that there has been a sign of the boys, lads.

• Advertisement

So we finally get a look at Super Sparkly AKuma. Is it just me or is it really ironic that Ken is supposed to be the major Shoryuken guy and Ryu gets all the sweet Shoryuken Ultras?

Advertisement