Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I never read his twitter or unofficial forums, I see it quoted on Eventhubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

The really interesting thing is how they got they code, leak or hax? Any decent level of encryption should prevent a brute force attack...

From what I've heard it was a brute-force hack. Just a rumour, of course.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

GorySnake wrote: »
    I never read his twitter or unofficial forums, I see it quoted on Eventhubs.

Just FYI there's currently alot of fake stuff from Ono floating around.

But regardless, what I think Farz was trying to say (remember, english IS his second language :P) is that
    there's no point getting frustrated with Ono. He only ever reveals stuff at a time and place Capcom have decided. Otherwise he'd lose his job :D

So there's no point getting worked up when he never answers a straight question. Unless the info is out there already, he can't.
    Yreval wrote: »
    From what I've heard it was a brute-force hack. Just a rumour, of course.

I'm intrigued how a game which costs between 17,000- 24.000 got into the hands of a hacker long enough for them to run a brute force attack. If I was an arcade owner I wouldn't be letting people feck around inside my new shiny really expensive machine.

Bear in mind the continued playability of these characters is prob a bad thing for arcade owners- they were no doubt planned to be released when the game was going stale.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The arcade cabinets (Taito Type X²) are vanilla SF IV cabinets updated software wise to SSF IV AE. Those cabinets run several other games as well.

So its possible the hackers could of got access to the cabinets before with SF IV or some other game and already new what type of encyption was in place and that enabled faster cracking.
    The Taito Type X² has been on the go since 2006.

But thats just me speculating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Azza did it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The thing that irks me most about Capcom's pulling of the videos is not that it's like DMCA-style stuff (like Doom says).

It's straight-on CENSORSHIP.

Taking down a reveal trailer? Yeah, Capcom's staff would've made that, put the hours in, etc.
    I have no problem there.

Taking down some fan's hand-held footage?
    That is just not on. Capcom put the game out there, and someone ELSE learned the password -- not the guy who put up the footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Azza wrote: »
    its possible the hackers could of got access to the cabinets before with SF IV or some other game and already new what type of encyption was in place and that enabled faster cracking.
    The Taito Type X² has been on the go since 2006.

This, and lets not forget its the same hardware that the BlazBlue CS rom that was/is doing the rounds on the net was dumped from, the hardware has been compromised for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Am I the only person wondering: If the hardware is 100% compromised, why do we only know about 2 characters who were officially hinted at already?

Isn't AE supposed to add at least 6 characters total?

Who are the last two?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The thing that irks me most about Capcom's pulling of the videos is not that it's like DMCA-style stuff (like Doom says).

Taking down a reveal trailer? Yeah, Capcom's staff would've made that, put the hours in, etc.
    I have no problem there.

That is just not on. Capcom put the game out there, and someone ELSE learned the password -- not the guy who put up the footage.

Agreed, JR Rodriguez got his account banned for this, all those videos on his channel that Capcom didn't have a problem with until yesterday could be gone forever :mad:.

Who do you think is doing the censoring?

BTW, it's not really censorship when the author doesn't want to share it but people take it. I don't know what that's called :D

You have to accept legally we have no right to do what we do with video games youtube wise.

• Advertisement

J0hnick wrote: »
    Agreed, JR Rodriguez got his account banned for this, all those videos on his channel that Capcom didn't have a problem with until yesterday could be gone forever :mad:.

He's not the only one but remember Capcom didn't ask for youtube to ban the user, they merely asked for the oni/ ryu videos to be taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Am I the only person wondering: If the hardware is 100% compromised, why do we only know about 2 characters who were officially hinted at already?

Isn't AE supposed to add at least 6 characters total?

Who are the last two?

Some guy on SRK was saying that there were no more characters, he wouldnt say how he knew that though. I'm assuming he found the unlock codes.

Well there is the possibility of exclusive console characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I have no problem there.

It's their product, their business model. The product life cycle is being compromised. They dont just make **** and release it with eyes closed. Theres milestones and scheduled meetings to get the most buck out of the product.
    I dont think censorship comes into it. Its like when the iphone 4 got out, was it endgadget that nearly got sued?

In the end you're only hurting yourself if youre a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Again: you're letting a company get away with telling you what news you're allowed to report on; what things are allowed to be "known".

Don't try to tell me that's not censorship.
    Not calling this BS is how companies get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Placebo wrote: »
    It's their product, their business model. The product life cycle is being compromised. They dont just make **** and release it with eyes closed. Theres milestones and scheduled meetings to get the most buck out of the product.
    I dont think censorship comes into it. Its like when the iphone 4 got out, was it endgadget that nearly got sued?

In the end you're only hurting yourself if youre a fan.

Agreed, they've probably setup a whole advertising campaign around this and this kind of blows that away.
    Also the iPhone4 thing was "lost". Apple have a great alternative strategy when it comes to PR.
    Again: you're letting a company get away with telling you what news you're allowed to report on; what things are allowed to be "known".

Again, its part of Capcom's property. They have plans and this is ruining them, unless of course it was "leaked" to build hype.
    Asking youtube to takedown videos causes more news and more people talk about it. Theres no such thing as bad publicity, and this is a cheap way of getting it.

You're looking at this the wrong way completely.

Capcom are in no way censoring the news. Nor should they be able.

However, they are exercising their right to keep their private property private.

No one in the world has the right to make videos of Street Fighter without Capcoms express permission. Ever. Full stop.

The exception to this is the fair use policy, which includes parody, reviews, and to an extent commentary.

None of these videos could claim that.

If I did some, say, anime schoolgirl drawings for my own pleasure is it censorship that I don't immediately share them with the world?

If I did some, say, anime schoolgirl drawings for my own pleasure is it censorship that I don't immediately share them with the world?

Best analogy. EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Now you're talking Kiki's language....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Petition to reveal Doom's anime schoolgirl drawings to the world.

• Advertisement

Latest Developer Blog is up detailing changes to Ken, Vega, Fei-Long, Juri, Rufus and Dhalsim.

Ex.Rekka for Fei Long negates fireballs and the first 2 hits are pretty much safe (except against 1frame reversals).

Also lists some of Dhalsims damage nerfs.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/24/ssf4-ae-devs-ken-vega-rufus-fei-long-juri-dhalsim/

Next week will have details on Guile, Chun, Bison, Elf, Sakura and Cody.

Wow! There'll be no stopping Vega now, Zangiefs everywhere will quake in their boots!!!!!(all 4 or 5 I've played in SSFIV) WHATTA BUFF! Top tier, here we come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://shoryuken.com/content/short-legal-analysis-capcom-s-requested-take-downs-evil-ryu-oni-match-vids-3380/

A look at the legal issues behind the Evil Ryu/Oni situation. A long read, but a very good one.

bc4c57b3e9bc4baeb9c7127.png
    people here might learn more from the first comment on the above link :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Burgers in McDonalds aren't flipped. They're cooked on both sides at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

He didn't say nothin' about McDs!

Somones awful defensive about McDs!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Azza wrote: »
    Latest Developer Blog is up detailing changes to Ken, Vega, Fei-Long, Juri, Rufus and Dhalsim.

Ex.Rekka for Fei Long negates fireballs and the first 2 hits are pretty much safe (except against 1frame reversals).

Also lists some of Dhalsims damage nerfs.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/24/ssf4-ae-devs-ken-vega-rufus-fei-long-juri-dhalsim/

Next week will have details on Guile, Chun, Bison, Elf, Sakura and Cody.

20 damage off yoga knee seems a bit harsh tbh. He's a low damage output character already. They nerfed damage of yoga flame aswell.

The other sim normal nerfs are 5's and 10's so won't make a big difference in the long run.

Placebo wrote: »
    bc4c57b3e9bc4baeb9c7127.png
    people here might learn more from the first comment on the above link :pac:
    I love the grammar in this comment....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

You don't often see people with the skills to combo three ampersands together.

Advertisement