Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

You don't often see people with the skills to combo three ampersands together.
    Although that three hit combo is admittedly impressive, he does drop a couple of single apostrophe links mid-(sentence)string......

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Hard to know what to make of some of the changes.

Of whats regarded as Bison's 4 bad match up's I can see Honda being significantly more managable then it is now. Guile being slightly easier. Chun being about the same and Zangief being slightly harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Daigo, Tokdio, Mago's Top 10 Tier List

1.) Fei Long
    2.) Yun
    3.) Yang
    4.) Gouki/Akuma
    5.) C.Viper
    6.) Ken
    7.) Sagat
    8.) Cammy
    9.) Makoto
    10.) Zangief

taken from eventhubs who no doubt took it from elsewhere

Think Fei-Long is looking very strong. He had few weaknesses in Super and he's got slightly better.

Think Daigo though really overates Viper and Zangief.

Even with Giefs nerfs he probably beats Yun and Yang and the Seth match up got better for him, thats probably why they have him up there.

Yang seems a little high.

Akuma seems about right.

Hard to see Sagat has jumped up. He only got slight buffs.

Supicious of Makoto's high placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

would ken be a good investment, aggressive play style? i am a fan of throws as well so might suit me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I'd say give him a go Farz.If you enjoy rushing down folks he's great for it.Also the Kara throw is a deadly weapon.
    He's looking very very solid in AE

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Yea he's lookin' like my main too now that ryu's dropping so low. His new links should make him a lot more fun to use too, I get really bored of doing jab jab jab dp all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I'm surprised with Fei being so high. I always thought he was good but not top. Some very strange choice of characters in that top 10. what of Chun, Bison, Adon, Guile, Rufus, Balrog. I think it shows how balanced the game is.

And Kens gonna be great fun. A great mix up game now that he can do jab or strong to sweep

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The Hound wrote: »
    I'm surprised with Fei being so high. I always thought he was good but not top. Some very strange choice of characters in that top 10. what of Chun, Bison, Adon, Guile, Rufus, Balrog. I think it shows how balanced the game is.

And Kens gonna be great fun. A great mix up game now that he can do jab or strong to sweep

Guile has 8 nerfs. Balrog's been rendered nearly useless according to some people over on SRK.

As for balance- Guile was top tier in Super and in the last tier list he didn't have 1 7-3 match up. He still always had his glass jaw and was crappy on wake up.

If anything, to me, AE sounds waaaay more unbalanced with some clear outliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Guile has 8 nerfs. Balrog's been rendered nearly useless according to some people over on SRK.

As for balance- Guile was top tier in Super and in the last tier list he didn't have 1 7-3 match up. He still always had his glass jaw and was crappy on wake up.

If anything, to me, AE sounds waaaay more unbalanced with some clear outliers.
    The majority of the cast is crap on wake up. Blocking is fine. I didnt realise he got so many nerfs. If balrog is that bad then ok. I just heard he got a headbutt nerf and slight damage nerf. what about Rufus, Chun, Bison etc. They're still very good and I think they do well.

What I mean about balanced is the low tier characters got buffs, well most anyway. Like Makoto got massive buffs. I dont think guile has a glass jaw,its average.
    Feis Top with no 7-3 match up as well which is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Chun is crap. Absolute garbage.

There hasnt been much mention of the u1 slip for chunli. So time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Hmm, lots of Ken buffs eh,
    When AE is released for consoles, it's gonna be exactly like when Vanilla first came out, suppose it'll make a change to the endless Ryus online.

streetfighter4-kenselect.jpg

The Hound wrote: »
    The majority of the cast is crap on wake up. Blocking is fine. I didnt realise he got so many nerfs. If balrog is that bad then ok. I just heard he got a headbutt nerf and slight damage nerf. what about Rufus, Chun, Bison etc. They're still very good and I think they do well.

What I mean about balanced is the low tier characters got buffs, well most anyway. Like Makoto got massive buffs. I dont think guile has a glass jaw,its average

By glass jaw I meant lower than average stun (which he does have).

His back dash is also terrible.

You can't mash out a flash in block string because he's a charge character.

If you DO risk a flash kick to stop a cross up or whatever not only is the autocorrect so poor it goes the wrong way but sometimes it will go in a direction that the opponent was never in! It also trades or even loses to most jump ins on wake up if you time them right.

The option to block is always there of course but it's his only option, really, unless you know exactly what you're doing :)

People always say "just block on wake up" but it's amazing how they're usually players with teleports of DP characters saying it :D

Of course that's just part of him being a balanced character, he should be sluggish on wake up, seeing as he has probably the safest special in the game.

It's cool that low tier characters got buffed but if you're going to heavily nerf the top too you're just going to swap positions, as opposed to solve the "problem". Surely you'd agree, considering Sagat and all?

Guile:Bison is 7:3 in Super and Guiles health was average.

He did get 8 nerfs and 1 buff in AE. But hey its Guile he deverse nothing less ;P

Azza wrote: »
    Guile:Bison is 7:3 in Super and Guiles health was average.

He did get 8 nerfs and 1 buff in AE. But hey its Guile he deverse nothing less ;P

I agree with you btw. Anyone who thinks Guile Bison isn't 7:3 hasn't been air thrown out of a headstomp in response to a sonic boom. But the fact remains it's rated 6:4, so maybe we're both missing something.

BTW Deiminion and Warahwk say his one buff is virtually useless.

I wasn't talking about his health, I was talking about his stun.

When people say glass jaw they usually refer to health not stun, thats all. I replied to your post before you clarifed what you mean't.

The last Jap Tier list has Guile:Bison rated 7:3. Its the Americans that rate it 6:4.

Azza wrote: »
    When people say glass jaw they usually refer to health not stun, thats all. I replied to your post before you clarifed what you mean't.

The last Jap Tier list has Guile:Bison rated 7:3. Its the Americans that rate it 6:4.

Doesn't really change the point though, as I'd say 2 maybe 3 character match ups I'd rate at 7:3 in Guile's favour personally, and probably 1 more 7:3 against him (Fuerte, Ibuki, Akuma, and Viper).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Super wasn't out long enough for conclusive (ha!) tier lists, and with the lack of an arcade version it never really will have em (if you're of the don't trust the yanks mindset.)

AE should have solid tiers in time though with time locks and the possibility for rebalancing once it hits consoles...

Daigo Tier List
    S: Fei Long

A+: Yun, Yang

A: C. Viper, Akuma, Ken

B: Makoto, M. Bison (Dictator), Dhalsim, Balrog (Boxer), Ryu, Cammy, Dee Jay, Zangief, Sagat, Sakura, Adon, E. Honda, Rufus, Vega (Claw)

C: Abel, Blanka, Chun-Li, Cody, Dan, Dudley, El Fuerte, Gen, Gouken, Guile, Guy, Hakan, Ibuki, Juri, Rose, Seth, T. Hawk

Mago Tier List

A+: Yun

A: Yang, Balrog (Boxer), Chun-Li, C. Viper, Akuma, Cammy, Sagat

B+: Ken, Adon, Zangief, Sakura, M. Bison (Dictator), E. Honda, Makoto

B: Rufus, Abel, Vega (Claw), Dhalsim, Guile, Dee Jay, Ryu

C: Blanka, Cody, Dan, Dudley, El Fuerte, Gen, Gouken, Guy, Hakan, Ibuki, Juri, Rose, Seth, T. Hawk

Tokido Tier List

A+: Yun

A: Yang, Akuma, C. Viper, Makoto, Ken

B: Ryu, Chun-Li, E. Honda, Zangief, Dhalsim, Balrog (Boxer), Sagat, M. Bison (Dictator), Vega (Claw), Rufus, Abel, Seth, Cammy, Sakura, Adon

C: Blanka, Cody, Dan, Dee Jay, Dudley, El Fuerte, Gen, Gouken, Guile, Guy, Hakan, Ibuki, Juri, Rose, T. Hawk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Is Fei better or is everyone else worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Fei was always better;)

Placebo wrote: »

Man I'd kill to only be dealing with Bison's nerfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Guile's Ultra 2, Sonic Hurricane had its damage reduced from 420 down to 300, also the start up time on the move was increase from 8 to 10, making it even slower.

HAHAHA

Hitbox on Bison's roundhouse is similar to vanilla and super. It was kinda of expected that they would adjust the damage of the 2 hitboxes in the way they did.
    If the hitbox picture is acurate the range on hitbox may have slightly decreased and the passive hitbox has been decreased both verticaly and horizonatally.

The C.LK hitbox nerf is less severe than expected. The active hitbox still extends beyond the passive hitbox. So far reports from AE player state its not very noticeable. For sure its not a big a nerf as Ryu's C.MK

Old C.LK Hitbox.
    5mbac7.jpg

New C.LK Hitbox.
    31_blog10.jpg

Who knoes how accurate Capcoms new hitboxes are. They might just be approximations. But if you look closely it seems the active hitbox has greater range than it does do now. Possible stealth buff.

Also here is Chun's current focus attack passive hitbox.

chunfocus.jpg

Around the knee area is the same but her feet and head are now exposed as well.

cant tell with above image, so is the absorb area reduced?

Well Capcoms new image could be approximations.

The absorb area is increased.

Say for example Bison tries to C.LK Chun up close or roundhouse her from distance. Both of these moves would whiff altogether. In AE they will be absorbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Got my Blanka up to C rank tonight.

It's funny but I got way more hatemail, accusations of using turbo and ragequits with him than I ever have with Deejay.

And that was just betwee 0 and 1000 points.

Advertisement