Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kirby wrote: »
    Dunno man. Its first hit is quite quick and has good range. I know you can get stung on the second one by people focusing it and dragon punching it....but I always thought it was quite decent.

Imo they should give guile back his overhead kick. Its still in it, but it doesn't count as an overhead....which is retarded. Agree with the flash kicks and his ultra too. Needs a full connect everytime. there are other characters such as Fei Long and Chun li who miss their ultras too. I'd bet my house on all these being fixed for super. Including yours :) Guile with a more reliable ultra, Better flash kicks, and a long range overhead is a much better prospect than the current one.

Very few Guile players are using the sweep these days... it's kinda frowned upon as a sign of weakness. :D

It'd be the smallest of my nit picks though. The Ultra being the biggest.

Rem that overhead is just an overhead in HDR. They'll need to change Guile a bit to make it work (remember his target combo thats already overhead, don't think they'd let him keep two,also make it so Guile can flip kick anywhere). Sirlin said there was problems in development with the range of that kick making it an awesome poke by accident.

I think the target combo is one of Guiles best tools so i don't really want that changed.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It would totally throw Honda right up to near top tier, from full screen being able to score a knockdown? Crazy stuff!

Fair enough, remove knockdown, I don't mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

For blanka i want all balss safe on hit and ex upball to knock down. Its not much to ask.
    For chun li i want her ultra to suck in like bisons. Make ex sbk better. Get rid of that stupid df lk. Make the headstomp come out by pushing down in any direction.
    For rufus id like more ways to land ultra.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Sim
    I agree with Kirby on Up Blast it should have a better hitbox and stay out slightly longer although to an extent his anti normals compensate.

Don't agree with the throw range improvement, once you get in on Sim he should have bugger all options. Its not like people with better throws than Sim own him, Rose is still at a disadvantage against Sim.

Ultra sure give it more damage, but leave it with 1 frame invincibility, throwing Sim out of it is too much fun.

Guile
    Sweep is awful, and is likely to get Guile eating an Ultra for his trouble currently but I can't see how this would be easy to fix without changing the move entirely.

Request for an overhead kick seems largely irrelevant as his forward+mp is a good overhead already.

Flash kick should own all direct jump in but not stop cross ups on wake up.

Booms, give em more damage but much longer recovery time. There pretty much unpunishable at the moment.

Ultra should connect better against jumping opponents.

Make his hitbox wider, a lot of Bison bnb don't work on him or Balrog.

Honda
    Ex. Headbutt goes through fireballs.
    Slight overall damage nerf.

Dictator
    1. Fix Pyscho Crusher, its broken as is. Needs faster start up, travel faster, light version should be safe, medium and hard should pass through opponent on block if done close but still be quite unsafe. Probably needs a damage and dizzy buff to make it worth while considering you don't get a great positional advantage and run the risk of cornering yourself.

2. Devils Reverse, change the hitbox of the extension part of the moves so that it crosses up. Also should also have 3 versions, lp version is a short hop, mp travels the same as current, hp goes over opponent to other side. It should also build meter slightly faster than currently.

3. Skull Diver, improved hitbox making it easier to hit opponents and crouching opponents. Side switchable, more dizzy off it.

4. Replace neutral jump medium punch with something useful. One of the worst normals in the game.

5. Slightly improve start up time on c.hp (12 frames is retarded).

6. Slightly faster forward teleport, pretty useless as is, needs 2-3 less recovery frames.

7. Generally speaking his ex.moves are good that you will use them over super. so Super needs to be given a buff to even make it worth consider using it.

8. Ex. Focus attack should crumple opponent for a ultra set up, costs 2 bars of meter and will end scaling the ultra to 50% so it ain't that powerful. I would not mind if Ultra got nerfed slightly in the damage department.

9. Jumping medium kick is an instant overhead.

10. Fake slide.

11. Thailand stage + theme tune+ cape.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Honda
    - Ochios have quicker startup.
    - EX HHS always goes forwards.
    - Make his FP Chop a better AA.

Giving EX Headbutt invincibilty would make one of the best moves in the game completely broken.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Not really, makes no difference against characters without fireballs.

Still probably would not punish Guile, the shoto would have to extremely careful though and there the people that own Honda.

Azza wrote: »
    Guile
    Sweep is awful, and is likely to get Guile eating an Ultra for his trouble currently but I can't see how this would be easy to fix without changing the move entirely.

I'm saying change it completely, it's a useless move in most circumstances as is.
    Request for an overhead kick seems largely irrelevant as his forward+mp is a good overhead already.

Yarp.
    Flash kick should own all direct jump in but not stop cross ups on wake up.

I'd be cool with that.
    Booms, give em more damage but much longer recovery time. There pretty much unpunishable at the moment.

Uh... that's kinda the point of the boom. Otherwise he's a slower Chun Li. You'd be completely changing the character doing this.
    Ultra should connect better against jumping opponents.

Damn right it should.
    Make his hitbox wider, a lot of Bison bnb don't work on him or Balrog.

I'll begrudgingly give you that if I can flash kick you out of the sky :D

Dictator
    1. Fix Pyscho Crusher, its broken as is. Needs faster start up, travel faster, light version should be safe, medium and hard should pass through opponent on block if done close but still be quite unsafe. Probably needs a damage and dizzy buff to make it worth while considering you don't get a great positional advantage and run the risk of cornering yourself.

2. Devils Reverse, change the hitbox of the extension part of the moves so that it crosses up. Also should also have 3 versions, lp version is a short hop, mp travels the same as current, hp goes over opponent to other side. It should also build meter slightly faster than currently.

3. Skull Diver, improved hitbox making it easier to hit opponents and crouching opponents. Side switchable, more dizzy off it.

4. Replace neutral jump medium punch with something useful. One of the worst normals in the game.

5. Slightly improve start up time on c.hp (12 frames is retarded).

6. Slightly faster forward teleport, pretty useless as is, needs 2-3 less recovery frames.

7. Generally speaking his ex.moves are good that you will use them over super. so Super needs to be given a buff to even make it worth consider using it.

8. Ex. Focus attack should crumple opponent for a ultra set up, costs 2 bars of meter and will end scaling the ultra to 50% so it ain't that powerful. I would not mind if Ultra got nerfed slightly in the damage department.

9. Jumping medium kick is an instant overhead.

10. Fake slide.

11. Thailand stage + theme tune+ cape.

Uh... you don't ask for much, do you? :)

Most charge characters don't pay off with super moves. Something I noticed.

Not really, makes no difference against characters without fireballs.

Still probably would not punish Guile, the shoto would have to extremely careful though and there the people that own Honda.

It'd prob connect on guile from under 1/3 screen distance, tatsus do.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I personally think they need to make Sagat's limbs 7.356cm shorter and increase Blanka's jump distance by 5.21 m. Its completely atrocious!

Oh and Ryu's ultra needs to travel 2.5 Km/h faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Abel
    • EX Roll is throw invincible.
    • Sweep is faster.
    • F+MK combos more easily on hit.*
    • Err... some viable options against Zangief would be nice!

*also i suck at Links. i hate Links

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Abel
    • EX Roll is throw invincible.
    • Sweep is faster.
    • F+MK combos more easily on hit.*
    • Err... some viable options against Zangief would be nice!

*also i suck at Links. i hate Links

Didn't you say regular Tornado Throw beats all of Giefs command grabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Jab TT beats all of Gief's grabs & wake-up options, but gets raped if he backdashes/jumps. Also punishes blocked Green Hand.

Other than that though, he can't get in unless he has meter for EX COD/Terry Kick/TT, since Gief can just Jab/cr. Jab all day & punish mistakes with 360+P/Green Hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

HMUYA wrote: »
    I would like to see Chuns ultra hit properly when juggling. I hate that stupid bounce out when I slightly misjudge where I am on screen or where my opponent is in the air.

Definitely, I think if everyone's gonna get buffed, giving chun an easy ultra juggle will be more than enough for her.
    bush wrote: »
    Get rid of that stupid df lk.

Most pointless move in the game. It's so frustrating when you go for a cross under after an air reset, and end up doing a stupid flip when you mess up the distance :mad:
    Sweep. I don't like ease with which it can be countered. Because it doesn't juggle and it's so easily countered, it's near useless. Perhaps it should juggle like (shock) ex. That would at least make the risk of using it worth it. Reduce the damage of each indiviual kick.

It definitely has it's uses, focus cancel it for a throw mixup, and canceling into ultra if someone focuses the first hit (never actually seen it used, but if you're playing against a focus happy player it might be worth a shot)
    Most charge characters don't pay off with super moves. Something I noticed.

Chun has the best super in the game imo, ryu's is arguably as good though. Guaranteed chip damage win from half screen is so awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You can cancel Guile's sweep into ultra?

Yep, and super. I can't remember if it's a safe blockstring with ultra, but if it is then it could potentially be used to chip someone out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

bush wrote: »
    Get rid of that stupid df lk.

Thank you. WTF is the point of this move? WTF is it for? Is there any fecking use for the thing at all??

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Thank you. WTF is the point of this move? WTF is it for? Is there any fecking use for the thing at all??

It juggles on counter hit, still doesn't make up for how stupid it is though :P

Interesting. But you wouldn't be able to do much after the juggle since you've no time to charge. Still I must test it.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Interesting. But you wouldn't be able to do much after the juggle since you've no time to charge. Still I must test it.

You can EX legs and have enough time to charge ultra, still remains incredibly pointless though since c.short comes out much faster.

Yeah considering how much it can **** you up too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im hoping they will give Akuma back his Super fireball, (forgot what its actually called)..

But just thinking it would be so handy to have, and pretty easy to link into such as light Tatsu to super :P Easy does it..
    Just having 2 different types of raging demon's is sorta pointless as the super demon is NEVER used! >.< a fireball super would do just fine :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Strange they're not releasing this as DLC.

Guess they knwo the market and realised that it's not profitable.

(For example, MS paying 50 million for "exclusive" GTAIV DLC on 360, first it gets a standalone disc release, not it's on PC. (and soon enough Ps3 I guess)

It's not strange, this would be impossible as DLC, they're overhauling the whole game.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It's not strange, this would be impossible as DLC, they're overhauling the whole game.

Ok, fair enough.

Thought they migth have been just adding new characters or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Red350 wrote: »
    It definitely has it's uses, focus cancel it for a throw mixup, and canceling into ultra if someone focuses the first hit (never actually seen it used, but if you're playing against a focus happy player it might be worth a shot)

Meanwhile every other character in the cast is using it just to knock people the f%^k down.

This is the thing I keep telling people. It's great that you can, for example, FADC ultra, but if you have to keep your normal game rock solid to exploit the fancy stuff.

The risk/reward ratio (which ultimately, alot of decisions in SF are all about) is currently stacked against Guile on that one.
    Red350 wrote: »
    Chun has the best super in the game imo, ryu's is arguably as good though. Guaranteed chip damage win from half screen is so awesome :)

You're kinda missing the point- Guile's super isn't that bad either.

But using the super deprives you of 4 uses of the ex SBK or ex Boom- these are bread and butter important moves for the two characters.

If a Chun uses a super on me, I'm smiling, because I know she's made herself weak to a boom/ jumpin/ overhead attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I can't really say anything about changes to sagat without receiving a mountain of abuse!

However, I would love to see them get rid of his fake kick. It's pointless and it often comes out accidentally due to the sensitivity of sanwa buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

sagat damage = akumas damage

fixed.

also
    OMGZ:rolleyes:

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/11999679/Super-Street-Fighter-IV/Product.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Im hoping they will give Akuma back his Super fireball, (forgot what its actually called)..

But just thinking it would be so handy to have, and pretty easy to link into such as light Tatsu to super :P Easy does it..
    Just having 2 different types of raging demon's is sorta pointless as the super demon is NEVER used! >.< a fireball super would do just fine :)

Messatsu Gouhadou! And you call yourself an Akuma player. Pfft!

:D

Advertisement