Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ah. The stretchy indian is pleased. Expect to hear the elephants roar many times when he achieves victory! :D

I have to say, the new online modes are a huge step in the right direction. I can already see some great fun on this forum with some 4v4 action.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Fantastic looking stage!
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    . Love the look of the one they showed there and hopefully fingers crossed it will be a dhalsim specific stage with each character having their own stage.

Yeah I really hope so too, and looking at it, it just seems sooooo character specific to him that my hopes for this have gone up. His wife is there like in alpha3!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kirby wrote: »
    Ah. The stretchy indian is pleased. Expect to hear the elephants roar many times when he achieves victory! :D

I have to say, the new online modes are a huge step in the right direction. I can already see some great fun on this forum with some 4v4 action.

Team "zoning irritants" ftw

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Capcom have announced they will make a major announcement next week,

Also Dhalsims birthday is this Sunday and Dans is next Wednesday.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sure Sakura was apparently born in 1972 or something. She's milking that uniform.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

She's getting a lot more mileage out of it, than others around here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    She's getting a lot more mileage out of it, than others around here :P

<in before Retr0 Sakura picture post>

New character will be revealed soon.

They have posted up a part of a picture of Chun-Li being beat up on a new stage by the new character.

112001.jpg

My money is on the infamous black curved line. He's more overpowered than Guile though.

Azza wrote: »
    New character will be revealed soon.

They have posted up a part of a picture of Chun-Li being beat up on a new stage by the new character.

112001.jpg

My money is on the infamous black curved line. He's more overpowered than Guile though.

Oh oh...

Wasn't the new character rumoured to be an oil obsessed wrestler type?

(that actually reminds me of Gief's original stage).

Black line famously doesn't have a sonic boom, though.

Azza wrote: »

Its that black mist shlte from Lost! Oh noes!

That stage looks pretty sweet I must say, is it new york? Looks kinda like it. Crazy place to have a fight but it is street fighter. Where they fight almost anywhere but a street :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Looks a bit like they're fighting on a high-rise construction thing with the Empire State building in the background. Could be wrong though.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Looks a bit like they're fighting on a high-rise construction thing with the Empire State building in the background. Could be wrong though.

Holy ****.

Rolento?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Oh oh...

Wasn't the new character rumoured to be an oil obsessed wrestler type?

(that actually reminds me of Gief's original stage).

Black line famously doesn't have a sonic boom, though.

Don't be silly, the black line isn't a character!!!1!!111!

It's quite obvious that this is the oil-crazed character...he is clearly attacking Chun-Li with oil that is spewing from his nostrils...look at Chun-Li's face..."Ouch"...that's what she is aying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Holy ****.

Rolento?

Since everyone is going with Rolento (and it probablly is) I'm going to say Alex and NYC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ono said he wasn't putting any Final Fight characters in, so that rules out Rolento, Sodom, Guy and Cody.

Ono said he wasn't putting any Final Fight characters in, so that rules out Rolento, Sodom, Guy and Cody.

Linky? I haz an interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Linky? I haz an interested.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/02/18/sfiv_dee_jay_t_hawk_modeling_done/

That's the latest one I could fine. There are others from before the console release of IV too when he said that no FF characters would make it in.

Holy ****.

Rolento?

But isnt rolento from Italy?

/google wtf another american. I thought he was European.

I do hope its alex, and if it is, FURTHER hope for character specific stages!

Ono did say no FF characters, but that was for SF4, since SSF4 theres been a lot of talk of guy and rolento.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    You sure it's of the new character? That looks suspiciously like Balrog (Boxers) Ink Spatter from FA Uppercut.

EDIT: Nevermind - The phat part of Boxers is at the top with the thin at the bottom - Tis the other way around on that. Some huge bugger is giving Chun a downward slap into the bewbs.

Must be cyber Sagat.
    Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    But isnt rolento from Italy?

/google wtf another american. I thought he was European.

I do hope its alex, and if it is, FURTHER hope for character specific stages!

Ono did say no FF characters, but that was for SF4, since SSF4 theres been a lot of talk of guy and rolento.

If you think about it... his stage should be in Metro City.

I think thats Ronlento alright. The stage matches his Final Fight stage.

The whole idea of the teaser pick was to guess the new characters and the only real clue is the stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ive never played an sf with rolento in it, does he throw bombs like in ff?

bush wrote: »
    Ive never played an sf with rolento in it, does he throw bombs like in ff?

You never played Alpha? Charlie rocks!

Yeah, he can throw grenades as a super, does alot of gen style jumps, and does big mean multi hit Rekkas with his stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I would say its definitely New York, except wtf is the statue of the man with his arms raised?

Jim wrote: »
    I would say its definitely New York, except wtf is the statue of the man with his arms raised?

A total random guess- if the stages is Rolento- It might be Haggar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

A total random guess- if the stages is Rolento- It might be Haggar?

Yeah, I think it's Haggar too.

Why would Hagger be a statue? Just wondering as I dunno much about final fight at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Why would Hagger be a statue? Just wondering as I dunno much about final fight at all.

Hes the mayor

wtf? I thought he was the american version of gief. lol crazy ass capcom.

That would make sense alright then, really looking like rolento now.

• Advertisement

Really old school sf lore says hagger taught gief the lariat. It's haggars special in ff. This was before he gave up wrestling to become the mayor.

Seriously

Advertisement