Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Haggar never gave up wrestling -- hence him beating up Metro City's scum in FF.

Now, if only our Dublin (or Limerick!) mayors were THAT awesome...

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

They should bring back Cracker Jack.... I miss the fist's and feet growing when he attacked, Plus he had the baseball bat... Fun, fun fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Akira Ni****ani who is one of the creators of SF founded Arika who made the Ex series.

There's no reason why they couldn't license any EX or FF character. Hell they could throw in a darkstalker or 2 if they wanted.

Capcom Fighting Evolution had Haggar in it before it got canned.

Hell, they got dimps to co develop SFIV.

Edit: word filter hahaha

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Haggar never gave up wrestling -- hence him beating up Metro City's scum in FF.

Now, if only our Dublin (or Limerick!) mayors were THAT awesome...

Your capcom fu is weak. He comes out of retirement to save his daughter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Lots of people are saying stuff about D.Dark been in it? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Lots of people are saying stuff about D.Dark been in it? :P

I would cream my pants if that happened, explosion!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Adon, Cody, and Guy confirmed in Famitsu. Going by the rumour list with those three on it, we'll also be seeing Ibuki, Makoto, and Dudley.

famitsu1.jpg
    famitsu2.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The lack of pyscho power in those pictures is disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

So I guess no rolento then. Cody going around in that prison gear looks silly, should been his alt costume. Look forward to guy, used to like him in alpha 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

looks like the zangief or rolento stage is back
    yess

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    The lack of pyscho power in those pictures is disturbing.

"When a threat to the world rises so will the shadow of Bushin"

Bison doean't make many friends :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Since we got the super turbo characters, now the alpha characters I'd say we will see the 3s characters announced next. If there's only around 8 fighters new to the game we could only be getting 2 3s fighters.

Can easily leave Ibuki out if it means getting Dudley and Makoto imo (or especially Urien but that seems like a much less credible rumour at this stage).

What is guy doing in the top right hand corner there?

What is guy doing in the top right hand corner there?

Deflecting a Kunai apparently (which APPARENTLY the japanese text also mentions something about). So Ibuki is in if you go with that.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Deflecting a Kunai apparently (which APPARENTLY the japanese text also mentions something about). So Ibuki is in if you go with that.

I blew the pic up and yeah it really does look that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Since we got the super turbo characters, now the alpha characters I'd say we will see the 3s characters announced next. If there's only around 8 fighters new to the game we could only be getting 2 3s fighters.

Since we've now had DeeJay, Juri, T-Hawk, Guy, Cody & Adon confirmed, and know there will be one more new character, the "Oil Obessesed," wrestler.

If then there are only to be 8 new characters, that would leave room for only 1 more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Forgot about him. I'm pretty sure there won't be only 1 brand new character. I'm happy Ibuki is practically confirmed. I really liked playing her in 3s and was thinking of maining her if she was in it but it would be a shame if no other 3s characters make, especially dudley. Hope there's more than 8 though and they bring some charge characters in as well.

I wish people would stop obsessing with 8 as a magic number. They have always been very careful to say "around 8".

This is software development for "We're hoping for 10 or 11 but we're not listening to any crap if we can't get them complete on time".

should have added yun
    hugo would have been nicer than Dudley

and finally, poor alex, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Well Ono completely did a U turn on his no Final Fight characters policy.

Guy has always been fun to play as, although he'll be very similar to Fuerte.

Never liked Cody and could happily do without him.

Now Adon on the other hand, oh yeah!

Jaguar Tooth!

ab5ce3f26b9450e9f628c1a74e5c68fa.jpg

Looks like Urien in the top right.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

As Dreddbybajs pointed out to me those pictures you posted of Urien and Guy are faked. They are actually pictures toy models cropped onto the SF backgrounds.

lol gotta love the fakers.
    HYPE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Cody looks dumb, the prison outfit looks painted on. Hes poured into it :pac:

bush wrote: »
    Cody looks dumb, the prison outfit looks painted on. Hes poured into it :pac:

Yeah the shading on the ribcage looks really wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

W00t! Adon for the ****ing WIN!

Jaguar kick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Azza wrote: »
    As Dreddbybajs pointed out to me those pictures you posted of Urien and Guy are faked. They are actually pictures toy models cropped onto the SF backgrounds.

urien_07.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Well thats deffo a kunai alright and the model of codys knife is different so unless theres a new kunai chucking character, Ibuiki us confirmed.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm happy Ibuki is practically confirmed. I really liked playing her in 3s and was thinking of maining her if she was in it but it would be a shame if no other 3s characters make, especially dudley. Hope there's more than 8 though and they bring some charge characters in as well.

I played a lot of ibuki in 3s online and got pretty good with her near the end. When I moved to SFIV I kept wishing she was in it as I was dealing with so many people who loved to sit in corners. As ibuki, someone in a corner is great, she has a barrage of attacks & mix ups that are really fast and totally **** people up who are in corners. I might try and main a non shoto for once, and if I can Ibuki may be the one, or at least my 2nd. I wonder what they'll do to her though. If she kept everything from 3s she'd be really ****ing lethal. So I'm expecting them to slow her down and remove some normals :(

Well Ono completely did a U turn on his no Final Fight characters policy.

That was for SF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

First vid of the new chars here

Dont like the look of Cody but Adon looks awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I like the end of Adon's ultra!

Still gonna give Cody a go, I wanna shank people!

Advertisement