Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

wheres the link :O?

EDIT: Nvm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Cody looks terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

bush wrote: »
    Cody looks terrible

I was just gonna say that.His voice is wrong too,his "HaHa" doesn'y sound right!

Guy fits into the style nicely,his Izuna drop looks awesome.

Adon looks pretty much spot on,too.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Did anyone die a little when they heard T.Hawks theme remixed. I had a horrible flashback of being stuck on T.Hawks old ST stage for 30 games until someone relented and picked the asshole and then went on to win several times even though they where trying to loose!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Love Guys intro, very Final Fight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They really need to remove the hawk noise whenever T. Hawk does a special move.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

As someone who's never come across Cody, I think he looks quite cool, and the end of his ultra is awesome.

Guy looks pretty class too, his ultra seems a bit, meh to be honest, like they were trying too hard.

Adon looks like the kind of character that will finally give Sagat players in SF4 a headache... Excellent!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Whats cody saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Just realised with that vid that all the characters they seem to be introducing are very offense oriented. Could be a possible reaction to the complaints that SFIV was too turtley.

Don't like the look of Cody at all although it's interesting that he can throw the knife but then it appears to be on the ground.

Guy and Adon look interesting, even though I hate Adon. Anyone else think that they may be making Guy a charge character?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I doubt the game is going to be any less turtley. TBH I prefer the game to be turtley. It's much more tactical and feels like more of an achievement when you break through an opponents defence. I get the feeling that people complaining about SF4 being turtley are 3S players that would prefer a rush down game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Juri's voice is too sick. The rest (apart from T. Hawk) aren't bad either.

I'm liking Guy.

I'm in the Rushdown's boring camp too.

I'm in the Rushdown's boring camp too.

What a shock that the Guile player doesn't like rushdown!
    Next thing you know Kirby will be in here saying he likes zoning :eek:

Still saying all the new characters except T.Hawk seem very rushdown, combo style characters.

HMUYA wrote: »

Still saying all the new characters except T.Hawk seem very rushdown, combo style characters.

Well I am a big fan of MvC2 but it's just not as tactical playing Rushdown.

Super Street Fighter 4 needs air blocks :)

Weirdly enough Sagat makes Guile fight more "excitingly"- yolu kinda have ti risk dodgy jumps with early attacks and lots of fakes and corner traps against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I like zoning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I like wrapping my legs around the head of my enemy whilst saying "Easy".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I like big butts and I cannot lie...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Jim wrote:
    I like wrapping my legs around the head of my enemy whilst saying "Easy".
    I like big butts and I cannot lie...
    Cammy's arse appreciation thread GO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Cody looks like a feckin eejit.

I do hope they make it more aggressive, I don't necessarily agree about the tactical comments and yes I'm a 3s fan but 3s has parries , sf4 doesn't. What it does have is no brainier auto correct, no brainier shortcuts and no brainier reversals. Bad play shouldn't be rewarded.

Even a faster dash would be a nice improvement as I've said.

I'm not saying make it 3s.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Cody looks like a feckin eejit.

I do hope they make it more aggressive, I don't necessarily agree about the tactical comments and yes I'm a 3s fan but 3s has parries , sf4 doesn't. What it does have is no brainier auto correct, no brainier shortcuts and no brainier reversals. Bad play shouldn't be rewarded.

Even a faster dash would be a nice improvement as I've said.

I'm not saying make it 3s.

Capcom has had auto correct in it's games since Street Fighter 3. People didn't complain as much because you didn't see as many reversals or wake-up supers (ultras in IV).

Generally the shortcuts aren't as much of an issue as people make it out to be. A lot of the complaints are due to the lenient inputs and people not completing motions. The only shortcut that gets regularly used, imo, is the 360 command only being a 270 and that's been around since ST if not before.

Reversals are a lot easier in this game then they have been in previous games, however I don't think this is a bad thing especially seeing that knockdows are still hella powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Worst thing is Seth sonic booms coming out as command grab imo.

Capcom has had auto correct in it's games since Street Fighter 3.

Generally the shortcuts aren't as much of an issue as people make it out to be. A lot of the complaints are due to the lenient inputs and people not completing motions.

Reversals are a lot easier in this game then they have been in previous games, however I don't think this is a bad thing especially seeing that knockdows are still hella powerful.

Well I dunno about that maybe the auto correct, like many things has a larger window then in other games. Whatever the case, it should be removed. It promotes mashing with out thinking and punishes people for baiting a move.

Shortcuts, mainly the srk one, the issue of hitting them by mistake is one thing but the fact that they are there in the 1st place is not a good thing. Once again, promotes mashing. I've become more aware of them now that I've had experience on a stick and see how retardedly easy it makes doing srks.

When a ryu jumps in on you, does a long combo that ends with an srk, he's generally used the shortcut to do that srk. Rather then entering it in the real way. There's no reason to dumb down the srk input. Yes it makes it so much easier for me as someone moving from pad to stick, but I don't wanna get into a bad habit so I don't wanna use it. I moved to stick to be more universal, I hate the idea of sf4's inputs fking me up in other games.

& reversals promote mashing, sf3 had it better, someone trying a meaty v someone trying a wake up reversal... whoever had the best input timing won, as it should be. SFIV = the masher wins. Someone has you in a block string? mash reversals...

This is how I see it anyway, so I hope for some change. I don't expect any though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh WOW! Only just realised there's a new trailer.

Gotta say now: Juri's voice > Cammy's arse. I don't think I'll be tiring of that Ultra :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

& reversals promote mashing, sf3 had it better, someone trying a meaty v someone trying a wake up reversal... whoever had the best input timing won, as it should be. SFIV = the masher wins. Someone has you in a block string? mash reversals...

Honestly though this isn't an honest comparison because the best option in 3S is always parry or tech, not reversal. If you know someone is mashing out DPs during your blockstrings, just stop your blockstring, they whiff the DP, you punish - easy. Once they adapt to this and don't mash DP every time, you're back to your usual guessing game.

eg. personally, given a new opponent, on knockdown I'll always just crouch block the first few times because there'll be a pretty good chance of a DP, then punish. If they don't DP the first few times I'll start playing my knockdown mixup game.

SFIV = the masher wins.

And poker comes down to luck.

• Advertisement

I'm not saying theres no way around this or its un-counter-able.... (lets pretend thats a word :p)

I'm saying its stupid and pointless dumbing down of the game to include it in the 1st place. I mean its not a game ending issue for me at all, I love the game, just a few teaks I;d love.

As for the 3s example. Man I played that game online for a year and a half, people can't just parry everything they want. Some guy stands over me hoping I'll reversal , parrys the 1st hit of my kens heavy srk but misses the other 2 and the super cancel. And thus eats a super. Yes every now and then I'd encounter very good players who can pull off a full parry, I'd just adjust my game to do a wake up move thats not what they expect. Pulling off full parries isnt a standard thing to do is 3s like an fadc to ultra or something.
    Anyway forget about parries, I'm just saying the wake up reversal timings versus the meaty timings were well balanced in that. What ever the best option was in the game is irrelevant to what I'm talking about.
    And poker comes down to luck.

Don't quote me as if I said the entire game = the masher wins, I was specifically talking about the situation of person A going for a meaty attack on person B who's going for wake up reversal in SF3 v SF4. SF3 = person with better timing wins, SF4 = person mashing wins. I don't think this is a good thing. I'm not saying 'waaaaah, I can't beat someone cause he's mashing' obviously in sf4 you just don't go for a meaty, I'm saying i'd rather it be down to who has better input timing. I think that's a reasonable thing to say tbh.

Advertisement