Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

*Notices Adon airthrowing*

Hmmm...
    animaX wrote: »
    Yeah, i didn't know he had that. Interestingly, eventhubs has posted an assumed move list

Everyone in Alpha 3 had an airthrow, his just had a decent animation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Everyone in Alpha 3 had an airthrow, his just had a decent animation.

That explains alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Jim wrote: »
    First thing I thought was that he sounded like the Joker.

I had that exact same thought when I heard him. That's what made me think its Mark Hamill.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Does anyone think that when SSFIV comes out and you play the new characters will you have a new main? cause Im hopeing I can replace Akuma with Juri hah

Adon will be replacing the fat man for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Does anyone think that when SSFIV comes out and you play the new characters will you have a new main? cause Im hopeing I can replace Akuma with Juri hah

Most likely. I used to be a Ken, Ryu and Sagat player but now Abel is pretty much my main.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I kinda like the look of Guy.

Fast, lots of combos, Izuna drop from command run.
    He's like Akuma without the fireballs.

Or maybe I can play Cody.
    Or Ibuki if she's in it.
    Or Dee-Jay.
    Or...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Haha, that's nuts. I've dabbled a little in Mugen myself - in my character roster I have an amazingly, hilariously broken Dhalsim who can, for example, split into two, then perform some sort of meditation super which allows him to float, and - this is the good bit - while he is floating he can go right next to the opponent, hover just off the ground and jab the opponent indefinitely, even after the super ends - if you time the jabs right you won't touch the ground and you can keep jabbing the opponent until they're dead. (tl;dr: he has a really easy infinite.)

That said, I once saw a video of a Sailor Moon who looked as if she could have that Dhalsim for breakfast and an SNK boss for elevenses - and all in the name of the Moon, of course.

I'm tempted to download her just to see how badly she'd beat Dhalsim...

As for my SSF4 main - to paraphrase RD I'm 99.99% certain I'll still be wearing my... nah, I'll spare you that image. Although Guy (really fun to play as in A3), Dee Jay (my STHD main) and Juri are all looking good for subs at the minute.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Oh by the way, Doom you'll love this.

*cough* SSF4 Guile Moveset... Yeah, be sure to watch the ENTIRE thing... Crazy Mugen kids.

I found this utterly hilarious.

I often think, when I am playing as Guile, that what he needs is a demon and an SPD. Especially an SPD you can juggle after.

Seriously, some of that mugen stuff is mental, that Guile'd be overpowered in MvC2!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

It'll be hard for me to not main a shoto, I just really love the shoto style as boring as it is. But I'm sick of everyone knowing what to do against me :p

So I'll see how they play, looking at ibuki guy and juri, I dunno if I'd main juri her health maybe too akumish and I'm too much of a clumsy player for that :p.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've first dibs on Ibuki.

Screw that, dude! Guile's heroic leap into the air and crashing down into the earth with one of his own Airplanes didn't catch your eye in Round 1? ;) He needs that in SSF4.

Dude I thought that was him whiffing his demon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I can only see myself using deejay out of the new lot, maybe guy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think we can safely say that ibuki is confirmed. Much clearer shot from the SSF4 developer blog:

GUY_Saving_016.jpg

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've first dibs on Ibuki.

Pssh Ibuki was my main bitch in 3s. I was koing people by jumping over their shoulders and waving at the camera for 2 years with her :cool:

:P

There's just something about that sexy kunoichi, isn't there?
    omardogan-Ibuki.jpg

It's the legs, I wouldn't mind them wrapped round my head.

Always loved that pic, had it as my wallpaper for a while, deffo planning on have that along with other characters on my stick when I customize it.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Her face looks a bit like Dan's...

• That's because it's Omar Dogan, and
    • CAN'T UNSEE!! I hate you :(

• Advertisement

What's the problem? What's the problem? YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!

I know, that bandanna is so out of season ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Jim, you will be a happy man!

WTF so cammys gonna be flexing her arse during her match start close up shot from now on? lol that's gotta be a 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

animaX wrote: »
    Jim, you will be a happy man!

9434063.jpg

dat flexed gluteus

Couldn't care less about the story/rival battles in single player, but would like to see the return of rival intros. CVS2 had lots of them and Third Strike has a few too.

I agree, I loved evil ryu V akuma in alpha 3. 3s's basic but fitting fist tap between ryu and ken before they fought

Makoto and ibuki had a good one.

Tbh I really miss that aspect of the older games. It was basic but worked so well. Where as in SFIV the same intro over and over got old fast, just cause they can go in a 3d plane, doesn't mean it wont look better if they keep the side angle for some intros at least.

Guy in alpha 3 had a good intro where he'd just smash through a barrel onto the screen.

But in SSF4 you just know it'll be him talking for a sec with a panning camera then fighting. I rather the old way, it blended better. Even if it was only cause they were limited back then.

@ Rope, dudley was looking for his car.

The reasoning behind Dudley's SSFIV inclusion and "looking for a rose" thing seems to be a way to prevent him having his rose-throwing taunt (which did 10pts of chip damage IIRC).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

Guy in alpha 3 had a good intro where he'd just smash through a barrel onto the screen.

But in SSF4 you just know it'll be him talking for a sec with a panning camera then fighting. I rather the old way, it blended better. Even if it was only cause they were limited back then.
    The developer blog this week said that they've kept Guys intro the same as Alpha. Yay for disappearing smashed oil barrels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Could be indeed, though I can't see how they couldn't just make throwable Roses have no actual impact on opposing players, though I guess people would feel a bit hard done by if that was taken out.

That'd be worse than leaving it in to a lot of people tbh.

Advertisement