Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well maybe people agreed that the the EX Dreadkick is WAY to simple as a ultra setup.. and we all know it is... Seems its more simpler, than Goukens throw to ultra...
    (Which baffles me how come Goukens back throw doesn't take damage, even though he throws ya outside of the screen...?)....Riiiight...

didn't they make gouken's back throw really easy to tech on purpose to prevent it being abused? Vague recollection of reading that...

And yeah, it should do SOME damage if uninterrupted. So annoying online if you whiff his tatsu :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

didn't they make gouken's back throw really easy to tech on purpose to prevent it being abused? Vague recollection of reading that...

And yeah, it should do SOME damage if uninterrupted. So annoying online if you whiff his tatsu :(

I think there's a few extra frames to tech Goukens backthrow but the timing is slightly different than a normal throw tech. That's why the option select throw tech doesn't always work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

According to an interview at the Norcal regionals with Seth, DeeJay's EX dread kicks no longer crumple.

It did seem a bit OP at the time, wonder how DeeJay will fare now and if they'll give him another way to land his ultra.

Bummer. I didnt really think it was overpowered, especially when you look at how many ways rufus can land his ultra without even using any meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You have about 50 years approx. to tech Gouken's back throw.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

In ST and Alpha 3 Maz DeeJay can super after an upkick so I'd say he'll be able to Ultra from than in SSF4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Sorry for the double post but:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2009/12/10/super-street-fighter-4-teaser-image-surfaces-second-new-char.html

According to the rumoured list of new characters, the second entirely original character will be called Hakan and, depending on who you believe, he is either a Turkish oil wrestler or a hilariously stereotypical oil-obsessed Arab. If the guy hidden behind the Blanka toy is indeed him, it seems (to me, at least) that Capcom have thankfully gone with the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah, same thing posted here. This is getting ridiculous, capcom are doing this shit deliberately!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'd swear they were doing this to get me stupidly excited!

Now where's Ibuki!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Looking at one of those links, where it said "Some characters will have air ultra's" I hope to god that they brought back Akuma's super fireball, I'd rather that than two demons...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

You've gotta give them credit they are pro's at building hype!

Sagat06 wrote: »
    You've gotta give them credit they are pro's at building hype!

Was just thinking that. Accidentally leaked images my considerable arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Sounds like a feckin terrible character. Don't do it capcom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What are you talking about? Arab wrestler characters are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

As long as he's not as much a mujahideen as Gief is a crazy Commie, I doubt I'll mind.

What are you talking about? Arab wrestler characters are awesome.

Didnt this chap have a super called "Dhrum Bomb" or something like that? Threw ya into space and SPD ya back to earth... Took so much hp...

So I just read the questionnaire about Cody.
    "A character for players who like switching around a lot."

Hmmmmm... :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I hope he doesn't use the Gen system, I hate that so much.

Didnt this chap have a super called "Dhrum Bomb" or something like that? Threw ya into space and SPD ya back to earth... Took so much hp...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

EX 3 was so bad.

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I hope he doesn't use the Gen system, I hate that so much.
    Nyet; he'll just have different move properties depending on whether he has a knife or not. Additionally, he'll have a wrench & lead pipe as weapons.
    Also, he should have lots of command moves (a la Makoto), if I'm reading between the lines correctly.
    More on EventHubs.

Yreval wrote: »

Danke, I was off with the space thingy, Its been so long since I played EX3... But still dam....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭DeCoR18

Hope they eventually release this in Jap arcades love watching those matches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

New stage shot;

10_ssf4blog21.jpg

Apparently December 18th is the date they will be revealing more info about stages. (Info here)

Yay! "Also, we are making specific BGM for all characters!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Creature wrote: »
    Apparently December 18th is the date they will be revealing more info about stages. (Info here)

Nice info:
    If you bought the alternate costumes for Street Fighter 4, you'll be able to download them for free!

Should mean we'll get all the new characters costumes for free also.

Also, the background? Is that Africa? Who's from Africa?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

too many characters imho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Real nice find Creature!

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Nice info:

Should mean we'll get all the new characters costumes for free also.

Also, the background? Is that Africa? Who's from Africa?

... Isn't there a 3rd strike character from Africa?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Elena_by_GENZOMAN.jpg

elena

• Advertisement

...stages are not character specific.

Another 2 shots of the Kunai.

Advertisement