Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

some remake of sf2 stages would work a treat.
    I know chun has one, but thailand would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Creature wrote: »
    New stage shot;

10_ssf4blog21.jpg

Why are the hippos horribly out of proportion?! This stage doesn't look right at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

...stages are not character specific.

But each character has one.

Also the Ultra input is still 3 buttons, I know that was discussed before.

Would have loved a SIN agent to come out crying about his car :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Can anyone post pics/text from these websites-all blocked here :(

animaX wrote: »
    Why are the hippos horribly out of proportion?! This stage doesn't look right at all

depth of field?
    although the hippos look very water coloured, could be a photoshop job here.

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    depth of field?

But they're only a meter or two away!! Hippos aren't that much bigger than humans are they? The scale just doesn't seem right somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Some more pics of new stages, though I didn't include them in my previous post because they're kinda crap and don't show much.

10_ssf4blog05.jpg

10_ssf4blog04.jpg

10_ssf4blog01.jpg

Though the last one there does have some nice sideboob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Probably won't be Elena as she's from Nairobi and there are meerkats in the background which are from more southern Africa. Or Capcom just messed up :)

Theres some talk that the Kunai could be from Geki http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Geki

Translation of the new blog on http://iplaywinner.com/news/2009/12/11/full-translation-of-latest-epic-sized-japanese-official-supe.html aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

But they're only a meter or two away!! Hippos aren't that much bigger than humans are they? The scale just doesn't seem right somehow

Usually they are about 6 or 7 feet tall. So yes, they do look a little big in that one.

But maybe Bison had them genetically altered for some nefarious plot involving taking them upreeeever to fight guile in his boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Maybe the Hippos have been eating the same stuff that Gief and Sagat have.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You play as a 7"4' foot tall character.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PPC wrote: »
    Probably won't be Elena as she's from Nairobi and there are meerkats in the background which are from more southern Africa. Or Capcom just messed up :)

Yeah Capcom would never do anything like that. This is the same capcom afterall that had the northern lights visible in the England stage :)

I actually think the africa stage looks gorgeou. I reallylike the new stages, all the movement in the background reminds me of the old animated backgrounds in the 2D Capcom and SNK fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I actually think the africa stage looks gorgeou

Ooooh, that new stage looks simply gorgeou, fab-u-lous honey *snaps fingers*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll never wear a skirt again.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll never wear a skirt again.

some one post that pic again :)

Placebo wrote: »
    some one post that pic again :)

Before anyone does, I just want to point out it takes about 3 clicks for me to ban someone.

Just saying.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

New pictures of Cody.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/gallery/view_gallery.one?pid=95699033

18008324e00575d74754ae242b56286d.jpg?v=202200
    Anyone notice Hugo in the background? to the right on the yellow platform? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yep, he's been visible in a few screen shots for a good while now, what's the bets he knocks over one of the workers with his girder as some stage during a fight?

You just know its gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

...stages are not character specific.

Well now we have a korea stage for juri so its getting pretty close to being like that

I know what you mean though , that screen shot does look pretty odd.
    PPC wrote: »

Theres some talk that the Kunai could be from Geki http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Geki
    l

I thought he threw shurnikens or whatever thosen throwing stars are called.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I thought he threw shurnikens or whatever thosen throwing stars are called.

According to the latest Nakky blog:
    Q: The kunai heading towards Guy... is that... Ibuki?! Or... Geki?!
    A: Ho ho ho. I can't say anything. But just wait a little while longer! However, Geki doesn't throw kunais, rather he throws shurikens!

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/dec/10/japanese-blog-shows-new-ssf4-stages/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Well now we have a korea stage for juri so its getting pretty close to being like that

And that Elephant city stage has to be for Sim. And the Metro City one above is probably for Cody. But as was said, I wonder who the Africa stage is for....

Perhaps the new stages are unofficial character specific. Like the China downtown stage which is basically for Chun Li etc.

I'd say the stages will be themed towards characters but maybe it's taking them too long to model them so can't do one for each character. However every character has a specific music theme thats a remix of their older music so I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

New gameplay video here around 4 minutes in:

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/today-on-the-spot/

Crazy how little damage counterhit fierce DP from Sagat does to Adon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    New gameplay video here around 4 minutes in:

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/today-on-the-spot/

Crazy how little damage counterhit fierce DP from Sagat does to Adon!

Either Sagat was weakened then or Adon got ungodly powerful.

Anyone else feel that those bonus stages are painfully long and boring?! I'm gonna get sick of them real soon

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Either Sagat was weakened then or Adon got ungodly powerful.

considering what we've been told so far, the uppercut could be in for a nerf.

OR, this is just dev code and not representative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

considering what we've been told so far, the uppercut could be in for a nerf.

OR, this is just dev code and not representative.

That's probably the case but I would still see Adon become a major character in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Street fighter: Continuing the tradition of giving people who have no idea what they're doing, a chance to test the game and look like tools!

Probably the correct approach to take as well. Dave Sirlin did it with HDRemix and nobody had any complaints about his methodoligy.

• Advertisement

I'll have a flash kick which goes in the right direction, stuffs jumping ks, and a workable ultra please.

Advertisement