Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

But how will timed ultra work? It doesn't build up from being hit, but rather over time? Like she has to have 60 seconds in before she can ultra?

That sounds odd to me.
    There's six seconds left on the clock in that pic so maybe it's just another visual reminder that you only have six seconds left or your Ultra is wasted.

But wouldn't bison's say the same then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Bring back Q's total destruction super!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arctic Zombie

What does it mean by timed? Timed as in she activates it and her attacks do more damage for a few seconds (for example), timed as in once she has it she only has 30 seconds or whatever to use it or timed as in it builds up over time?

That indeed is the question alright. All we know (as far as I know anyway, I might have missed some info) is that it says 'timed' on screen shots of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

What does it mean by timed? Timed as in she activates it and her attacks do more damage for a few seconds (for example), timed as in once she has it she only has 30 seconds or whatever to use it or timed as in it builds up over time?

Basically. This is the timed meter in 3S if you've never seen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arctic Zombie

Basically. This is the timed meter in 3S if you've never seen

That's exactly the system I was referring to with "Timed as in she activates it and her attacks do more damage for a few seconds (for example)" ;).

and thats also what retro was talking about as custom combos in alpa. But since we SEE her ultra, I doubt it's gonna be that. So the question remains...

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    and thats also what retro was talking about as custom combos in alpa. But since we SEE her ultra, I doubt it's gonna be that. So the question remains...
    Have we ever seen her performing her ultra and the time label in the same screenshot?

good question!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I checked her character demo from a while back. It dosn't have time displayed in the corner when she does her ultra meaning the `time` ultra must be different than the one we've alrady seen.
    Also the angle of the camera and her pose are both different, so it could be anything at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Rose should have had a custom combo for her ultra in the first place.

Exactly. Would of been more suited as a super actually. Like her Soul Illusion. But since every character in the early alpha series could CC, and in A3 you could use V-ism, was there any real point to her Soul Illusion?.Maybe an added benefit for A-Rose players. Not sure, never messed around with her that much in A3

But still, her Soul Illusion was the only super which gave her a CC-esque state outside of choosing V-ism. Now that I think of it, it wasn't even like CC it was similar to a jab+short activated V

Anyway I'm glad they brought back Guy, Adon and Cody. Guy was a character I really stuck to in the Alpha series. Never had love for DeeJay in SF2. But Juri looks interesting.

BTW, you guys seen this?

Ramza your youtube or so link isnt working..

I was just watching gameplay of Juri and was looking pretty closely.. when her ultra is used, its just like everyone else's... so I'd imagine the timed meter is gonna be her second choice of Ultra?

No other way to put it basically

Oh cheers foamy, lemme just edit it so it's a direct link

Also the first minute of the video freezes for some odd reasons, but watch anyway

As far as a timed ultra goes, what effects could it have? I'm sure the CC/Genei Jin type would be expected, but who knows

If it is, I guess we'll be hearing a lot more of ay, ay, ay, ay, ay :D

Yay!!

"ey..ey..ey..ey..ey..ey..(dropped the combo)..Awwwhhh"

Edit: I've seen that video before but, Im sure Kens EX fireball in SFIV knocked you over.. in that video it doesnt!

Yay!!

Im sure Kens EX fireball in SFIV knocked you over

No, it doesn't. It really should tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

My take on the whole "Time" thing is that maybe when the ultra is full it becomes a countdown that drains your ultra back to halfway and then reverts to normal. That would make perfect sense and would stop people sitting on full ultra all day and completely shutting down the other players options. Would force them to be rash and gamble with it if they want the full damage (surely the whole point of a "revenge" system in the first place).

That's damn sure how I'd do it.

Wouldn't explain why it's only been seen on Juri right enough but hey, that's what I think it ought to be, not so much what I think Capcom have actually done.

They could also be just plain screwing with us, there's always that possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

The timed ultra is her Ultra number 1.

It hasn't been shown yet and it's properties haven't been released. It could be a myriad of things seen previously or an all new idea. get hype.

The timed ultra is her Ultra number 1.

It hasn't been shown yet and it's properties haven't been released. It could be a myriad of things seen previously or an all new idea. get hype.

Seems interesting. Guess we gotta play the waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The waiting game sucks. Lets's play Hungry, Hungry Hippo's! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My take on the whole "Time" thing is that maybe when the ultra is full it becomes a countdown that drains your ultra back to halfway and then reverts to normal. That would make perfect sense and would stop people sitting on full ultra all day and completely shutting down the other players options. Would force them to be rash and gamble with it if they want the full damage (surely the whole point of a "revenge" system in the first place.

I severely doubt it's this and I hope it isn't either. I like how the game makes you change up your tactics depending on if the opposing character has ultra. Adds more variety and strategic options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I severely doubt it's this and I hope it isn't either. I like how the game makes you change up your tactics depending on if the opposing character has ultra. Adds more variety and strategic options.

But you could also argue that it is too defensive, encouraging players to sit on life leads and turtling on full ex and ultra bars.

Rumour mills a turning!

Here!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sagat06 wrote: »
    But you could also argue that it is too defensive, encouraging players to sit on life leads and turtling on full ex and ultra bars.

You can also argue that there's nothing wrong with the game being defensive. It doesn't have to be third strike and I prefer a more strategic fighter were defense is important.

I prefer a more strategic fighter were defense is important.

What's strategy, I play Blanka... nuff said :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Rumour mills a turning!

Here!

Between this and that possible moment of maybe new ultra for Guile they're just f%$king teasing me now.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Looks like DooM is getting all that he asked for Christmas and more!
    You can also argue that there's nothing wrong with the game being defensive. It doesn't have to be third strike and I prefer a more strategic fighter were defense is important.

Now that I've played a bit of 3S (mainly one player), I don't think it's for me. No Honda, and too fast paced! I likes me some mind games :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Rumour mills a turning!

Here!

Note that the date listed is April 1st!! The whole shadow thing could be a joke

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

animaX wrote: »
    Note that the date listed is April 1st!! The whole shadow thing could be a joke

That thought had occured to me. And shame on Capcom if so, me struggling away with bottom tier Guile and them giving me false hope like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Looks like DooM is getting all that he asked for Christmas and more!

Now that I've played a bit of 3S (mainly one player), I don't think it's for me. No Honda, and too fast paced! I likes me some mind games :P

There's way more mind games in 3rd strike than IV man. People play IV by rote.

• Advertisement

I well believe there is but 3s is just too fast for a pleb like me :) I can't even fadc ultra with ryu!

Advertisement