Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

**** that just spam lp dp -> ultra all day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thats what I have been doing ;)

Then my buttons and joystick got knackered and it wouldn't come out randomly.

And now my brother has ruined my fight stick. Back to the fightpad for a while which I absolutely ****ing hate!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

SSF4 postponed: http://www.hadoken.net/?p=1043

Probably just means that the April 1st date is accurate, but can you imagine having to wait til 2011 for SSF4 :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just died a little inside :'(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well, if he needed one, this is a good excuse for Kintetic to stop the moaners for the Lanparty :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Red350 wrote: »
    SSF4 postponed: http://www.hadoken.net/?p=1043

Probably just means that the April 1st date is accurate, but can you imagine having to wait til 2011 for SSF4 :(
    NO WAY! They can't HYPE it like that and then push it back an entire year :(

Dude april 1st is the next financial year...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It probably is April 1st, but still can't stop worrying. I just hope its not being pulled because of the all the people saying Capcom were releasing it too early after 4.

Oh, right yeah. That does make more sense!

I doubt thats the reason. It would very much be in capcoms favour to have it released before the next financial year. I'd say capcom have been making a massive profit this year and have pushed it back to make next year look just as good to the shareholders and to give the development team a little more time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Jim wrote: »
    It probably is April 1st, but still can't stop worrying. I just hope its not being pulled because of the all the people saying Capcom were releasing it too early after 4.
    It's not in any developer's favour to listen to the whiny minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/dec/22/seth-no-guard-crush-ssf4-will-be-more-offensive/
    Seth: Yes, a lot of people have had this same idea, and after not mentioning anything for 9 months or so after release, they all coincidentally had it after Daigo mentioned it in an interview :P

Not all of us Seth, by any long shot.

I feel the new offensivness will be nothing more than a (semi...)UOH or a few more super armour moves.

Reckon more launchers will be added, can definitely see the return of ryu's Joudan kick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

maybe a faster dash? :D

YAY anyway.

Bah to faster dash I say! 3S players just want SSF4 to be SSF3...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Bah to faster dash I say! 3S players just want SSF4 to be SSF3...
    You say that like it's a bad thing! :eek:

Me no likey 3S, so shoot me! But let's not let this tear team TAUNT apart...

Me no likey rush down. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

http://www.allgames.com/news.php?id=21346
    Characters confirmed? I t seems so!:D
    All the Street Fighter 3 characters that were rumored are now confirmed along side rumored Hakan, but it looks like there is one more character to be revealed beyond that!

Ibuki, Dudley, Makoto, ?, Hakan

They say that it is a "..new character named Shadow who is a Sonic Boom user". So that confirms that a variation of Charlie/Nash is another returning character to Super Street Fighter 4! Shadow was his alias in some older Street Fighter games such as Marvel Super Heros vs. Street Fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

not sure why they added dudley but yay for ibuki

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I don't think that's true. It's supposed to be from Famitsu but there are no scans.

Also where would Shadow fit on the character select screen we've seen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Placebo wrote: »

cause dudley owns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    cause dudley owns

This is very true.

Has the best one liners since SF2 Guile.

wha? not a fan of dudley? I'm surprised. I didn't play much as him but I always thought he was a great character and enjoy fighting against good dudley players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien Urien

PLEASE ADD URIEN

We wont see him this time. He'd be highly likely for the next version imo though, whenever the feck that'll be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

**** Ibuki, Dudley = Class

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

not sure why they added any SF3 characters but yay for...eh Hakan I suppose

FYP.

I'd wager a large sum that the unrevealed "Sonic Boom user" is another Seth type character. Wasn't there a whole load of them is someone's ending? And Seth was number 24 or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Creature wrote: »
    FYP.

I'd wager a large sum that the unrevealed "Sonic Boom user" is another Seth type character. Wasn't there a whole load of them is someone's ending? And Seth was number 24 or something.

Seth was 15 IIRC. Yeah there were 24 Seth's [one for each character]Hopefully Shadow will be a new character and not another Seth clone.

Probably Seth as a sub boss and Shadow as a new final boss I'd wager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

dudley was an alternative for balrog.
    as remy was for guile.

makes no sense having him in a game where balrog already exists.

Advertisement